Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe6124

Reich phone conference

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

No he isn't

If he loses the game or misses a PAT, I think he could be.  Especially if he let Jim talk him out of retirement.  From what I can read from the reports posted on this forum, it really paints a picture of Vinny calling it quits yesterday.  Today, full 180.  It's all on Vinny now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AV has set himself up with a career full of credit and deserves a ton of respect.

 

After the Luck debacle I don't think the fans at LOS will come off very well if they decide to give Vinatieri the bird regardless if the situation.

 

AV knows hes messed up but hes got enough credit in the bank to buy himself more than 2 poor games to start the season. Clock is ticking though but no need to kick him in the butt on the way out.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    Here’s the thing: It’s not that Vinny doesn’t have the leg and is missing short. Much has to do with confidence and circumstance (the first missed attempt was a bad snap and hold). The second one was headed straight down the middle and curved enough to hit the post. He can get his confidence back. 

     But it seems there are those who are just waiting for a miss to say; “I told you so!”

      Let’s day he figures this out and has a solid game. Will the doubt linger and will fans be waiting to pounce on him again?

      It would be awesome to have him come through and win a game for us. Even in these last two games he did make kicks that added to our total and got us to overtime in the first game and victory in our second.

      Let’s see how this plays out. I’d be embarrassed to hear the crowd boo, no matter what. Give him a shot to redeem himself (and redemption doesn’t require 100% success).

       

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know how at the end of a close loss, we look back and blame it on a turnover or missed kick? I'd hate to see this team miss the playoffs because of multiple games lost that would have been wins if we hadn't missed PATs or short FGs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No he isn't

 

This place just gets more and more sensational every day...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am sure this is just speculation.

 

 

BINGO!  That's the way i see it.  Let him save face and put him on IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder If they would bring a kicker onto the roster in case Vinny starts the Atlanta game bad. I think we could move a player and carry two kickers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

BINGO!  That's the way i see it.  Let him save face and put him on IR.

Which would explain the talk about his knee today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

This place just gets more and more sensational every day...

Yeah we got a real soap opera cliff hanger going on, on two or three fronts, here these days.

 

:woah: LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact they haven't brought anyone in to try out makes me believe Vinny will be kicking Sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

    Here’s the thing: It’s not that Vinny doesn’t have the leg and is missing short. Much has to do with confidence and circumstance (the first missed attempt was a bad snap and hold). The second one was headed straight down the middle and curved enough to hit the post. He can get his confidence back. 

     But it seems there are those who are just waiting for a miss to say; “I told you so!”

      Let’s day he figures this out and has a solid game. Will the doubt linger and will fans be waiting to pounce on him again?

      It would be awesome to have him come through and win a game for us. Even in these last two games he did make kicks that added to our total and got us to overtime in the first game and victory in our second.

      Let’s see how this plays out. I’d be embarrassed to hear the crowd boo, no matter what. Give him a shot to redeem himself (and redemption doesn’t require 100% success).

       

Ok, so he's still our kicker, and we will still pull for the guy to succeed and hope like heck that he can get out of this funk. There is near 100% chance that every person watching will be holding their breath though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic from Vinny. If Leonard has to miss the game does that mean okereke would start? Though he had a couple good plays Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blueblood23 said:

So if he costs them another game you're okay with giving him more time. You are more patient than myself.

Yes, but that would be strike 3 this season. I’m not thrilled about that possibility but we really don’t have any options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm sure Irsay is driving the train.   

 

Jim Irsay is very good at letting his people make the decisions he hired them for.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was mad at Adam yesterday. We do need to bring in kickers. However I’m not giving up on him. He has also made kicks this season. Film doesn’t lie. Frank was 100% correct about the snaps and holds against Tennessee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, egg said:

 

Jim Irsay is very good at letting his people make the decisions he hired them for.

 

 

In the regular day to day .   Not long time veterans.    Do you think it was Grigsons call to cut Peyton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

AV is setting himself up Sunday for a Luck situation.

 

Chloe6124, I really appreciate all the updates that you post, but honestly, you overreact to almost everything.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many of you were ready to get rid of Luck after the 1-5 start?    I could argue he was the reason we lost those games as much as people are saying Vinny lost the SD game

 

How about PM in the playoffs?     How about can’t be the Pats ?   How about throwing 15 interceptions to Ty Law in one game?

 

AV will be fine   

 

Look at the Jets.    They are on their 4th kicker in a month.    So apparently a kicker is not too easy to come by 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

In the regular day to day .   Not long time veterans.    Do you think it was Grigsons call to cut Peyton?

 

No.

 

But I do believe it was Bill Polian's decision to ship Marshall Faulk off to the Rams.

 

And that was a much more important decision and delicate situation than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, egg said:

 

No.

 

But I do believe it was Bill Polian's decision to ship Marshall Faulk off to the Rams.

 

And that was a much more important decision and delicate situation than this.

Not really,    polian loved Edge coming out and didn't want to pay Marshall.    Adam has been here 13 years and is considered the greatest of all time.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, indyagent17 said:

Maybe a trade

With all the QB uncertainty it would not surprise me. The Steelers traded away a QB not knowing that Ben was about to be hurt. They might need a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wonder If they would bring a kicker onto the roster in case Vinny starts the Atlanta game bad. I think we could move a player and carry two kickers. 

That would be a horrible decision. That would show no faith in Vinny.  I believe his situation is mental.  That would just make matter worse.

 

Calm down.... deep breaths  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m putting my trust in Reich and Ballard. They’ve earned it. Same goes for Adam. He’s earned it as well, ten fold. If he still thinks he can do it, we owe it to him to give him a chance, even if it’s just one more. 

 

I however will will say that another performance like his last three cannot be tolerated. We need to see improvement. If not, I feel we’re delaying the inevitable here.

 

At the very least, should add some drama (as if we needed any more) to these games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

 

I’ve been on the “Retire Vinny” train for more than a year now.  And he’s done nothing to convince me otherwise.

 

But even I wouldn’t boo him if he missed a kick.  He doesn’t deserve that - quite the contrary.  He just shouldn’t be kicking in the NFL anymore.

I remember watching Willy Mays go from being the Best Centerfielder Ever to being an old man who couldn’t run to First Base.  It’s sad when it happens to one of the Greats......

 

Having said that, tho- Vinny’s first miss yesterday was because of a bad snap/bad hold.  Reich said that. After that, it probably was in Vinny’s head....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone knows Vinny is done.  But give me the names of the guys who you know aren’t gonna miss kicks?  Or have great faith in?  Maybe there’s nobody “for sure” better out there?  So they talked Vinny into 1 more week to try to find his mojo while they really do a thorough search on an adequate replacement.  If he struggles again this Sunday, we put him on i.r. & move on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blueblood23 said:

No we already cut the long snapper.

When did Luke get cut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have very little confidence in AV and thought we should have kept Badgely last year as our long term answer, but as long as AV wears a Colts jersey I'll root for him to succeed, and the only time I'll ever boo a player is for lack of effort, not lack of execution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

 

      Let’s day he figures this out and has a solid game. Will the doubt linger and will fans be waiting to pounce on him again?

       

Welcome to the world of every kicker ever.  The kicker is almost never the most popular player on a team, for exactly this reason.  Since missing any one play is always less likely than hitting, fans expect them to hit every time, not really caring how the laws of probability actually work.

 

Now that said AV is really legit struggling and needs to work this out.  But if Ballard and REich think he'll do it given time, I'll accept that for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off how has VINNY lost the Colt's any games this year?

Chargers game that was the bone headed penalty that wiped off the 3 and gave them 7, ( that the NFL admitted was a wrong call).  He could have won the game for the Colts,yes but he didn't lose it.

 

The Colts won on Sunday, Vinny didn't lose that game for them either. He makes the PATs then we win by 4. 

 

Yes Vinny is in a slump right now however everybody has them. If a guy on D misses a tackle and the other team scores do you call for his head? 

 

The PATs are not freebies like they once was. We have just been accustomed to our kicker being so good that we cant take him having a bad day. Not to mention theres alot of hungry trolls on the board that want to be fed. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I think it's a fairly safe bet that no one on West 56th is listening to you, no matter what train you're on.

 

Clearly.  I would never expect them to.

 

I will say that we’d probably be 2-0 now if they had.  But that’s neither here nor there.  Of course they don’t “listen” to fans, nor should they.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, strt182 said:

First off how has VINNY lost the Colt's any games this year?

Chargers game that was the bone headed penalty that wiped off the 3 and gave them 7, ( that the NFL admitted was a wrong call).  He could have won the game for the Colts,yes but he didn't lose it.

 

The Colts won on Sunday, Vinny didn't lose that game for them either. He makes the PATs then we win by 4. 

 

Yes Vinny is in a slump right now however everybody has them. If a guy on D misses a tackle and the other team scores do you call for his head? 

 

The PATs are not freebies like they once was. We have just been accustomed to our kicker being so good that we cant take him having a bad day. Not to mention theres alot of hungry trolls on the board that want to be fed. 

 

 

 

 

If vinny  made all his kicks we win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodness. The NFL's greatest ever kicker is having a slump and you want the owner, GM and HC to throw him under the bus? Pretty sure they will be drawing up contingency plans, but give me a break. At least they boo boys pay their money, while we have a bunch of keyboard vultures circling above, orchestrated by our usual suspect.

 

This organisation will do the right thing, and they will do it in a manner befitting a HOFer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I think everyone knows Vinny is done.  But give me the names of the guys who you know aren’t gonna miss kicks?  Or have great faith in?  Maybe there’s nobody “for sure” better out there?  So they talked Vinny into 1 more week to try to find his mojo while they really do a thorough search on an adequate replacement.  If he struggles again this Sunday, we put him on i.r. & move on. 

 

There are plenty of kickers out there right now that can hit routine PAT's and field goals that are 40 and under.  

 

Granted a 55 yarder with the game on the line they arn't going to be Adam Vinitari in his prime.  But at this point Adam can't even hit the routine stuff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The Eagles are super banged up! Top 2 WR out now their starting RB. Going be hard for them to score I think.
    • Put me in the camp calling for a free agent WR as well as one taken high in the draft. We all know that it takes a couple of years to hit your stride as a pro WR. I don’t think the team can wait for that. The Colts need to improve at this position immediately, especially with TY showing the inevitable signs of aging, i.e. he’s dinged up constantly. I’m not sure what will be out there next year FA-wise, but I know this: they can’t fix this problem with draft picks alone. 
    • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/50448708   Looks like he's not given up on getting a gig in then NFL, but acting like this is getting to endear him to organisations. I can understand that he might not agree with the terms of the workout, but you've got to handle it more professionally than this.    Shame, I really do think he has talent. 
    • Most of us HATE injustice. We saw it with the OJ situation: part of the country wanted justice for all of the times police overstepped their boundaries and innocent people got arrested or convicted. The other part of our population wanted a murderer convicted for killing two people. Both sides wanted justice.         Same is true for police brutality and social injustice. To me, these are individual acts done by individuals and protests against the flag are misguided. It’s saying this country stands for injustice and inequality and nothing can be further from the truth.          We live in a country that provides the opportunity for all people to do well: Athletes, Doctors, Businessmen, Pastors, Actors and Musicians have reaped the benefits of living in this great country.         I have no problem with anyone protesting individual acts of racism or injustice. But to protest the flag is misguided.
    • What is Cam's "questionable behavior"? Serious question.
  • Members

    • rockywoj

      rockywoj 1,871

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hoose

      Hoose 831

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Aces101

      Aces101 96

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • el duderino

      el duderino 63

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JimJaime

      JimJaime 339

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 7,941

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MPStack

      MPStack 2,641

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NFLfan

      NFLfan 8,147

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Black0ut117

      Black0ut117 29

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jskinnz

      jskinnz 5,459

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...