Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich phone conference

Restinpeacesweetchloe

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

No he isn't

If he loses the game or misses a PAT, I think he could be.  Especially if he let Jim talk him out of retirement.  From what I can read from the reports posted on this forum, it really paints a picture of Vinny calling it quits yesterday.  Today, full 180.  It's all on Vinny now.

AV has set himself up with a career full of credit and deserves a ton of respect.

After the Luck debacle I don't think the fans at LOS will come off very well if they decide to give Vinatieri the bird regardless if the situation.

AV knows hes messed up but hes got enough credit in the bank to buy himself more than 2 poor games to start the season. Clock is ticking though but no need to kick him in the butt on the way out.

• Thanks 1

Here’s the thing: It’s not that Vinny doesn’t have the leg and is missing short. Much has to do with confidence and circumstance (the first missed attempt was a bad snap and hold). The second one was headed straight down the middle and curved enough to hit the post. He can get his confidence back. 

But it seems there are those who are just waiting for a miss to say; “I told you so!”

Let’s day he figures this out and has a solid game. Will the doubt linger and will fans be waiting to pounce on him again?

It would be awesome to have him come through and win a game for us. Even in these last two games he did make kicks that added to our total and got us to overtime in the first game and victory in our second.

Let’s see how this plays out. I’d be embarrassed to hear the crowd boo, no matter what. Give him a shot to redeem himself (and redemption doesn’t require 100% success).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Here’s the thing: It’s not that Vinny doesn’t have the leg and is missing short. Much has to do with confidence and circumstance (the first missed attempt was a bad snap and hold). The second one was headed straight down the middle and curved enough to hit the post. He can get his confidence back. 

But it seems there are those who are just waiting for a miss to say; “I told you so!”

Let’s day he figures this out and has a solid game. Will the doubt linger and will fans be waiting to pounce on him again?

It would be awesome to have him come through and win a game for us. Even in these last two games he did make kicks that added to our total and got us to overtime in the first game and victory in our second.

Let’s see how this plays out. I’d be embarrassed to hear the crowd boo, no matter what. Give him a shot to redeem himself (and redemption doesn’t require 100% success).

Ok, so he's still our kicker, and we will still pull for the guy to succeed and hope like heck that he can get out of this funk. There is near 100% chance that every person watching will be holding their breath though.

• Like 3

How many of you were ready to get rid of Luck after the 1-5 start?    I could argue he was the reason we lost those games as much as people are saying Vinny lost the SD game

How about PM in the playoffs?     How about can’t be the Pats ?   How about throwing 15 interceptions to Ty Law in one game?

AV will be fine   

Look at the Jets.    They are on their 4th kicker in a month.    So apparently a kicker is not too easy to come by 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

In the regular day to day .   Not long time veterans.    Do you think it was Grigsons call to cut Peyton?

No.

But I do believe it was Bill Polian's decision to ship Marshall Faulk off to the Rams.

And that was a much more important decision and delicate situation than this.

Just now, egg said:

No.

But I do believe it was Bill Polian's decision to ship Marshall Faulk off to the Rams.

And that was a much more important decision and delicate situation than this.

Not really,    polian loved Edge coming out and didn't want to pay Marshall.    Adam has been here 13 years and is considered the greatest of all time.    

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wonder If they would bring a kicker onto the roster in case Vinny starts the Atlanta game bad. I think we could move a player and carry two kickers. 

That would be a horrible decision. That would show no faith in Vinny.  I believe his situation is mental.  That would just make matter worse.

Calm down.... deep breaths  

• Like 2

I’m putting my trust in Reich and Ballard. They’ve earned it. Same goes for Adam. He’s earned it as well, ten fold. If he still thinks he can do it, we owe it to him to give him a chance, even if it’s just one more. 

I however will will say that another performance like his last three cannot be tolerated. We need to see improvement. If not, I feel we’re delaying the inevitable here.

At the very least, should add some drama (as if we needed any more) to these games.

2 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

I’ve been on the “Retire Vinny” train for more than a year now.  And he’s done nothing to convince me otherwise.

But even I wouldn’t boo him if he missed a kick.  He doesn’t deserve that - quite the contrary.  He just shouldn’t be kicking in the NFL anymore.

I remember watching Willy Mays go from being the Best Centerfielder Ever to being an old man who couldn’t run to First Base.  It’s sad when it happens to one of the Greats......

Having said that, tho- Vinny’s first miss yesterday was because of a bad snap/bad hold.  Reich said that. After that, it probably was in Vinny’s head....

I think everyone knows Vinny is done.  But give me the names of the guys who you know aren’t gonna miss kicks?  Or have great faith in?  Maybe there’s nobody “for sure” better out there?  So they talked Vinny into 1 more week to try to find his mojo while they really do a thorough search on an adequate replacement.  If he struggles again this Sunday, we put him on i.r. & move on. 

• Like 1

I have very little confidence in AV and thought we should have kept Badgely last year as our long term answer, but as long as AV wears a Colts jersey I'll root for him to succeed, and the only time I'll ever boo a player is for lack of effort, not lack of execution.

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Welcome to the world of every kicker ever.  The kicker is almost never the most popular player on a team, for exactly this reason.  Since missing any one play is always less likely than hitting, fans expect them to hit every time, not really caring how the laws of probability actually work.

Now that said AV is really legit struggling and needs to work this out.  But if Ballard and REich think he'll do it given time, I'll accept that for now.

First off how has VINNY lost the Colt's any games this year?

Chargers game that was the bone headed penalty that wiped off the 3 and gave them 7, ( that the NFL admitted was a wrong call).  He could have won the game for the Colts,yes but he didn't lose it.

The Colts won on Sunday, Vinny didn't lose that game for them either. He makes the PATs then we win by 4. 

Yes Vinny is in a slump right now however everybody has them. If a guy on D misses a tackle and the other team scores do you call for his head? 

The PATs are not freebies like they once was. We have just been accustomed to our kicker being so good that we cant take him having a bad day. Not to mention theres alot of hungry trolls on the board that want to be fed. 

9 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I think it's a fairly safe bet that no one on West 56th is listening to you, no matter what train you're on.

Clearly.  I would never expect them to.

I will say that we’d probably be 2-0 now if they had.  But that’s neither here nor there.  Of course they don’t “listen” to fans, nor should they.

1 hour ago, strt182 said:

First off how has VINNY lost the Colt's any games this year?

Chargers game that was the bone headed penalty that wiped off the 3 and gave them 7, ( that the NFL admitted was a wrong call).  He could have won the game for the Colts,yes but he didn't lose it.

The Colts won on Sunday, Vinny didn't lose that game for them either. He makes the PATs then we win by 4. 

Yes Vinny is in a slump right now however everybody has them. If a guy on D misses a tackle and the other team scores do you call for his head? 

The PATs are not freebies like they once was. We have just been accustomed to our kicker being so good that we cant take him having a bad day. Not to mention theres alot of hungry trolls on the board that want to be fed. 

If vinny  made all his kicks we win

Goodness. The NFL's greatest ever kicker is having a slump and you want the owner, GM and HC to throw him under the bus? Pretty sure they will be drawing up contingency plans, but give me a break. At least they boo boys pay their money, while we have a bunch of keyboard vultures circling above, orchestrated by our usual suspect.

This organisation will do the right thing, and they will do it in a manner befitting a HOFer.

11 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I think everyone knows Vinny is done.  But give me the names of the guys who you know aren’t gonna miss kicks?  Or have great faith in?  Maybe there’s nobody “for sure” better out there?  So they talked Vinny into 1 more week to try to find his mojo while they really do a thorough search on an adequate replacement.  If he struggles again this Sunday, we put him on i.r. & move on. 

There are plenty of kickers out there right now that can hit routine PAT's and field goals that are 40 and under.  

Granted a 55 yarder with the game on the line they arn't going to be Adam Vinitari in his prime.  But at this point Adam can't even hit the routine stuff.