Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly decision today?

Lucky Wolf

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Belichick is considered the best coach/GM combo ever..... He drafted and kept a 4th round guy over Hoyer.

That same Belichick signed Hoyer in 2009 and then brought him back in 2017.   So that means he liked him.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Belichick is considered the best coach/GM combo ever..... He drafted and kept a 4th round guy over Hoyer.

the 4th round guy was much cheaper.   They have the most seasoned qb in the league.   Tom doesn't need a veteran mentor.   Jacoby probably does.   Keeping Hoyer makes far more sense than keeping a guy that has knelt down once in a game

• Like 3

Just now, Myles said:

I agree.   The team has looked good so far this year.   You don't start an unproven rookie in our situation.   If you are the Giants and your team looks like crap and you are 0-2, then it makes sense.  If we are 6-4 and Brissett goes down for a game or 2, Hoyer gives us the much better chance at winning a game than Kelly at this point.   The ceiling is much higher with Kelly, but so is the floor.  

Yep.  We’re a team with a fighting chance.  Yes, we were almost certainly hurt by Luck’s retirement.  But it doesn’t change the fact that we’ve got a lot of good pieces in place....including at QB.

We’re not the kind of team who would consider taking more risks in the present to hopefully hit paydirt for the future.

Kelly is the riskier choice at backup.  Hoyer is the safer.  And safer is better right now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Chandler Jones? Richard Seymour? Both were some of the top defensive players in their time they were traded. 

and? they obviously weren't need for him to be successful. and why would he trade JB if he was destined to be this great franchise QB when Tom was at the age he was at. if JB is as great as hes touted here there would have been a 0% chance BB trades him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

and? they obviously weren't need for him to be successful. and why would he trade JB if he was destined to be this great franchise QB when Tom was at the age he was at. if JB is as great as hes touted here there would have been a 0% chance BB trades him.

We're they going to franchise him next year?   Plus the had Garrapolo.  Guess what,   they traded him too

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

His career is 48 TD's and 30 INT's with an 84 QB rating.    That is awesome to have as your backup QB.  

I would agree he isn't great, but he doesn't "suck".  

48:30 is a BAD ratio

83.4 is his average, and that would have been good enough for like 29th or 30th in the last full year of QB passer ratings.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well they did have jimmy and at that point i dont think belichick thought he was going to be forced to trade him

83.4 is his average, and that would have been good enough for like 29th or 30th in the last full year of QB passer ratings.

Who cares?  He isn't here to win games.   He is here as a veteran to help Jacoby.   What part of that are you struggling with?  Chad Kelly in no way can help Jacoby  prepare.   Hoyer can

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Because Belicheck also had Jimmy G at that time? 

Belichick traded a mid round QB for a 1st round WR. And JB was 3rd on their depth chart at the time....

Not the same situation. at all...

I'm just saying everyone acts like we are ripping NE off when so far JB hasn't done crap and Hoyer's never will 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

What does that have to do with anything that's being discussed? I bet you * in the wind alot..

I didn't even bring Jimmy G up the other poster did you all act like he traded JB cause he had Jimmy he also traded him when reality is they prolly neither are gonna amount to % so that's why he shipped then away 

• Confused 1

Face it. We aren’t a high flying offense this season. Our identity is going to be a tough offense who can impose our will in the run and make passes when they are there. No turnovers. QB sneaks that get 1st downs and touchdowns.  A defense that always keeps us in the game. We really need special teams because we won’t blow anyone out. We need Vinny to be good again.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

No it isn't.   That is a great ratio for a backup QB.  Heck, you want to keep Kelly who had a 2/2 ration in preseason against 3rd stringers.   

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

There is nothing more to the story. You guys just have inflated heads when it came to him. With it being wed there is less of a chance a team takes him. He will end up on the practice squad.

That won’t stop another team was scooping him up. Any team that would want him will want him on the active roster anyways.

Just now, LockeDown said:

Face it. We aren’t a high flying offense this season. Our identity is going to be a tough offense who can impose our will in the run and make passes when they are there. No turnovers. QB sneaks that get 1st downs and touchdowns.  A defense that always keeps us in the game. We really need special teams because we won’t blow anyone out. We need Vinny to be good again.

our identity will be hope they opposing QB cant throw a football that well 

Just now, Fluke_33 said:

If Kelly signs with the jets and takes them to the Super Bowl while setting every single season nfl record and they sign him to 100 mil a year will we get a compensatory 3rd round pick?

No,   we cut him.   He wasn't a free agent.   But I will eat both of my steel toad work boots if  that happens.   I'll live stream it

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

the 4th round guy was much cheaper.   They have the most seasoned qb in the league.   Tom doesn't need a veteran mentor.   Jacoby probably does.   Keeping Hoyer makes far more sense than keeping a guy that has knelt down once in a game

Hoyer can give him tips on how to have a bad TD/INT ratio.... 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Woof...I like having a defense that can increase the margin for error...but playing a bunch of coin flip games...not sure my heart can take it.

• Like 1