Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly decision today?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was told there was a 0% chance he would clear waivers.   

offensive post snipped...   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks man, I'm here working hard in my medioc

They were like he is the best QB since Joe Montana   Now they're like.   

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

One impression I am getting is that this is a low priority thing to deal with as far as the Colts are concerned …….Or they wanted to see if people where gonna call Ballard to inquire about trading him .

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an unusual situation. A 25-year-old  who seems to have the talent to get the job done, but because of a history of getting in trouble that has repeatedly delayed his progress through college and the start of this pro career doesn't yet have any pass attempts in an NFL regulation game. Can you think of any quarterback who at age 25 didn't have a single NFL pass attempt, yet went on to a successful career?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BeanDiasucci said:

This is an unusual situation. A 25-year-old  who seems to have the talent to get the job done, but because of a history of getting in trouble that has repeatedly delayed his progress through college and the start of this pro career doesn't yet have any pass attempts in an NFL regulation game. Can you think of any quarterback who at age 25 didn't have a single NFL pass attempt, yet went on to a successful career?

Kurt Warner

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

One impression I am getting is that this is a low priority thing to deal with as far as the Colts are concerned …….Or they wanted to see if people where gonna call Ballard to inquire about trading him .

A lot of things could be happening. And keep in mind, if they did want to keep him, they have to pick a guy to cut too. If that were the case, they could be shopping the potential cut to other teams. It's a lot more than just adding or releasing a guy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

This is an unusual situation. A 25-year-old  who seems to have the talent to get the job done, but because of a history of getting in trouble that has repeatedly delayed his progress through college and the start of this pro career doesn't yet have any pass attempts in an NFL regulation game. Can you think of any quarterback who at age 25 didn't have a single NFL pass attempt, yet went on to a successful career?

 

Really speaks to the talent level he has that he isn’t gearing up for the XFL right now.

 

He just looks like an NFL starting QB. He has that, dare I say, swag about him and has that sort of quick twitch athleticism and rifle arm that you traditionally see with NFL starters. It’s a look that sets them apart from backups. An “it” factor. He has it. Watch him lead a scoring drive and it’s obvious.

 

That’s why I’ve been intrigued by him since the first time I saw him in the first preseason game. I’d puke if he goes elsewhere and becomes a stud and we’re stuck with an average game manager.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

Really speaks to the talent level he has that he isn’t gearing up for the XFL right now.

 

He just looks like an NFL starting QB. He has that, dare I say, swag about him and has that sort of quick twitch athleticism and rifle arm that you traditionally see with NFL starters. It’s a look that sets them apart from backups. An “it” factor. He has it. Watch him lead a scoring drive and it’s obvious.

 

That’s why I’ve been intrigued by him since the first time I saw him in the first preseason game. I’d puke if he goes elsewhere and becomes a stud and we’re stuck with an average game manager.

 

Given he's acted right, and performed well, he'd get grabbed up quickly. I'd prefer to not see him on a opposing team lol. Regardless of if JB makes it or not, CK is simply a good prospect. I also think a small town like Indy, an organization like the Colts, and with a HC that has ties to his uncle, is the perfect place to help the kid mature and grow.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I think it's taking so long because they were shopping him this whole time 

And the other teams were like.. Who??? You want what for him?

 

And Ballard replied: Don't you read the Colts forum? This guy's a star in the making.. Lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, IinD said:

And the other teams were like.. Who??? You want what for him?

 

And Ballard replied: Don't you read the Colts forum? This guy's a star in the making.. Lol

 

I’m pretty sure that every team is aware of a guy who put up the 3rd most total yards in a single season in SEC history and a guy who has the highest score every recorded by SportsScience, beating out scores by guys like Brees, Mahomes, Mayfield, and Goff.

 

They know who he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

I’m pretty sure that every team is aware of a guy who put up the 3rd most total yards in a single season in SEC history and a guy who has the highest score every recorded by SportsScience, beating out scores by guys like Brees, Mahomes, Mayfield, and Goff.

 

They know who he is.

And none picked him up when he was available 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

I’m pretty sure that every team is aware of a guy who put up the 3rd most total yards in a single season in SEC history and a guy who has the highest score every recorded by SportsScience, beating out scores by guys like Brees, Mahomes, Mayfield, and Goff.

 

They know who he is.

 

I wouldn’t value a cherry picked volume stat as a way of evaluating talent, especially college stats. Look at who is number 1 and 2 on that list.

 

Teams of course have an idea who he is, which makes the fact he’s not exactly been highly sought after telling. It won’t just be down to his off field antics. 

 

I’m sure he has talent, whether that can be translated is another matter. I’d like to see him kept and developed further. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

And none picked him up when he was available 

 the colts picked him up, we dont know that no one else would have

 

two months passed between getting cut from denver and signing in indy, teams were probably waiting to get an idea of his suspension and what not.  ballard was just the first to act on him

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you guys seen some of the backup's playing in recent games in this league? Not many of them look as athletic or accurate as CK. No doubt he would be picked up, especially after a decently strong showing in preseason. 

 

Sounds like he's practicing with the team today. My bet is he is on the 53 and we will carry 3 QB's for the rest of the year. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

 the colts picked him up, we dont know that no one else would have

 

two months passed between getting cut from denver and signing in indy, teams were probably waiting to get an idea of his suspension and what not.  ballard was just the first to act on him

He signed a 1 year minimum contract .   If there were other teams in the mix,   it seems he would have been paid more

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Have you guys seen some of the backup's playing in recent games in this league? Not many of them look as athletic or accurate as CK. 

 

Correct. He doesn’t look like a backup when he plays. He’s the real deal and assuming he stays clean off the field he’s going to be a stud with some team. Just hope it’s with us.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He signed a 1 year minimum contract .   If there were other teams in the mix,   it seems he would have been paid more

CB signed him before we even knew what his suspension would be, the rest could have been waiting that out.  2 games still seems light for what he did to me

 

he was only on the market for 2 months, not that long for a guy that just got in trouble, again 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aaron11 said:

CB signed him before we even knew what his suspension would be, the rest could have been waiting that out.  2 games still seems light for what he did to me

 

he was only on the market for 2 months, not that long for a guy that just got in trouble, again 

He was cut in October.   Colts picked him up in may

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

Have you guys seen some of the backup's playing in recent games in this league? Not many of them look as athletic or accurate as CK. No doubt he would be picked up, especially after a decently strong showing in preseason. 

 

Sounds like he's practicing with the team today. My bet is he is on the 53 and we will carry 3 QB's for the rest of the year. 

Sounds like the best thing to do.

We just don't keep a QB on the practice squad.

Our worst roster player goes to the PS instead.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He was cut in October.   Colts picked him up in may

ok but his hearing was in march for first-degree criminal trespassing.  colts singed him two months later, no one was going to sign him in the meantime 

 

i dont think we can conclude that no one else was interested, they could have been waiting this out to see what happened.  ballard was the first to act

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If teams thought he had great talent he would have been scooped up.    NFL players have done far worse and not got cut

 

He had a lot of uncertainty surrounding him and a looming suspension...and the Colts were a good spot because they (at the time) had a QB1 and QB2 on the roster...so they wouldn't be depending on him...and they of course had the connections.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

I think it's taking so long because they were shopping him this whole time 

I think you may be right

 

But, I truly hope they keep him

 

IF he is cut, there is more to this story than we all know

 

Maybe he has mashed potatoes for brains........

 

Maybe he is still a JERK

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

This is an unusual situation. A 25-year-old  who seems to have the talent to get the job done, but because of a history of getting in trouble that has repeatedly delayed his progress through college and the start of this pro career doesn't yet have any pass attempts in an NFL regulation game. Can you think of any quarterback who at age 25 didn't have a single NFL pass attempt, yet went on to a successful career?

Chad Kelly's uncle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Decaf said:

The Colts need to see what they have with Kelly. Jacoby is not a superbowl caliber QB, Hoyer is average at best. 

I disagree.   You have no way of knowing if Brissett can lead this team to the Superbowl.   Less of Kelly.   Jacoby is the QB of this team this season.   If not for AV, they would be 2-0.  I'll take what he is doing any day.  Brissett has a 108 rating right now.   Had over 113 in the preseason compared to Kelly's 94.7.    The football minds on the Colts team think Brissett is better than Kelly.   

 

I do hope they keep Kelly for future consideration.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • This is off my head and not from a simulator
    • Round 1 #21 A Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech B Jaelen Phillips EDGE Miami C Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota    Round 2 #54 A Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama  B Elijah Moore WR Ole Miss C Brevin Jordan TE Miami   Round 4 #127 A Jacoby Stevens S/LB LSU B Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame C Keith Taylor CB Washington   Round 5 #165 A Shaka Toney EDGE Penn State B Paris Ford S Texas C Sage Surratt WR Wake Forest   Round 6 #206 A Tedarrell Slaton DT Florida B Derrick Barnes LB Purdue  C Shakur Brown CB Michigan State   Round 7 #248 A Darrick Forrest S Cincinnati  B Josh Ball OT Marshall C Sadarius Hutcherson OL South Carolina   Trade: Yes
    • I always try to break down rounds into thirds.    Top-10, Bottom-10, and the middle, however big that is.   That's why you see my first round divided up as it is. If you have questions about any players on the list, or off the list,  please feel free to ask.   1.   Lawrence      QB1 2.   Pitts               TE1 3.   Wilson           QB2 4.   Chase           WR1 5.   Sewell           OT1 6.   Smith            WR2 7.   Fields            QB3 8.   Waddle          WR3 9.   Lance            QB4 10. Slater             OT2     11. Parsons        LB1 12. Surtain          CB1 13. Paye              DE1 14. Horn              CB2 15. Jones            QB5 16. Farley            CB3 17. JOK               LB2 18. Darrisaw        OT3 19. AVT               OG1 20. Phillips          DE2 21. Newsome     CB4 22. Barmore        DT1     23. Bateman      WR4 24. Cosmi          OT4 25. Etienne         RB1 26. Jenkins        OT5 27. Toney           WR5 28. Harris           RB2 29. Dickerson     C1 30. Ojulari          OLB1 31. Collins         LB3 32. Moehring     SAF1    
    • Wish I knew who was still available for each of your picks.    To decide how I liked it 
    • I think this is your best mock!   Congrats!    Well done!!  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...