Indianapolis Colts
Lucky Wolf

Chad Kelly decision today?

If Kelly does get cut, little chance he ends back up on our practice squad...

Steelers, Saints, Jags... lose their star QB's... and now Jets even lose their 2nd string QB.

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Trevor Semien is done.  Jets will be desperate for a qb.

Yep and the colts have a good relationship with the jets. I bet Kelly gets traded. Man the jets look like a big fat mess.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Yep and the colts have a good relationship with the jets. I bet Kelly gets traded. Man the jets look like a big fat mess.

They do.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Kelly might actually get a chance to start for the jets if we trade him there.

Yea,  I just read mono can be a 3-7 week recovery.  I couldn't believe it!  Who knew an 8th grade kissing disease could be a season killer? 

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Kelly might actually get a chance to start for the jets if we trade him there.

Oh ROFL, can you imagine if he actually stuck and started producing, how much that would honk off Patriots fans?  I might be all for a Jets trade for that reason alone.

I would rather have Jacoby than Baker Mayfield. That kid has shown nothing and was the top pick in the draft.    

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Oh ROFL, can you imagine if he actually stuck and started producing, how much that would honk off Patriots fans?  I might be all for a Jets trade for that reason alone.

If he is good enough to pose a threat to the Patriots as the QB on the Jets, that would honk off a lot Colts fans lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I would rather have Jacoby than Baker Mayfield. That kid has shown nothing and was the top pick in the draft.    

Baker has pro bowlers & first round talent all around him & only completing 50% of his throws tonight.  The Jets ineptitude has him leading but he’s been struggling this season. 

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

If he is good enough to pose a threat to the Patriots as the QB on the Jets, that would honk off a lot Colts fans lol

right we would look stupid at that point 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here in NY Metro area Jets fan dreaming of trading for a QB who is already here in NY . But the fans wishes may not be the same as the Jets owner and GM .

15 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Damn I just said this in another thread. Mayfield is WAY over rated 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Damn I just said this in another thread. Mayfield is WAY over rated 

He even looks bad against the jets.

37 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Nah the jets secondary is just so good it's making him look bad, just like titans secondary last week.

41 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Yea,  I just read mono can be a 3-7 week recovery.  I couldn't believe it!  Who knew an 8th grade kissing disease could be a season killer? 

If you play contact sports if your not completely healed you can rupture your spleen and die.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He even looks bad against the jets.

That’s because they have a Henry Anderson, basham and hairston now 

• Like 1

I hear some of you people's comments about Kelly's off the field issues but he didn't steal crab legs from a grocery store and rape a woman like one qb did. And that guy is an NFL  starter.  Kelly was/is an arrogant guy. He doesn't take any crap.  So has he gotten into some trouble,  sure,  but it was really minor stuff. I think it would be hilarious if he gets traded to a team in your division and becomes a thorn in your side for the next decade.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Haha?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horseshoelife19 said:

I think Kelly should be our starter with Brissett as backup, trade Hoyer!!!!

Hoyer is Hoyerible. If he could be traded, the Pats would have done it. Frankly I'm still surprised we picked him up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I’m such a homer I do take it personally.  I’m all for this team winning.  By any means necessary. JB is 1-1 but has done enough to be 2-0 both road games.  Yet he gets no credit with some. Sure he deserves criticism. Yeah it’s wise to stay cautious. But give Frank & JB the chance to grow together.  If Frank feels we need to make a change, I trust his judgment. Regardless, I’m choosing to enjoy the ride.

Great comeback reply. Thank you. I enjoy passion and rationale at the same time. Certainly willing to let Frank mold a new QB into the role providing he shows ability and upside. The minute those two things go away, gotta change. JB has certainly done enough to be worthy of further observation, but we also have to be realistic in the approach. If JB falters, you can’t ride the horse until it dies, this isn’t a generational QB were talking about, none of the QB’s on the team are. But if JB has a hiccup, you seriously have to look at the guy behind him. The team has enough assists to win now. Let’s not become too attached. 

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

East coast colts lol 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Baker has pro bowlers & first round talent all around him & only completing 50% of his throws tonight.  The Jets ineptitude has him leading but he’s been struggling this season. 

I honestly think Baker is super talented but immature. He will be ok if he gets that fixed. 

9 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

no we just wanna see stats that can actually compete with the best teams in the league since we have to ya know beat them to get a championship

The only stat that means ANYTHING are W's and L's .

Can we loan Kelly to the Jets for as long as Darnold is out and then take him back, then we can see how Kelly does in the NFL and decide if he is better or worse than JB once and for all lol get it done Ballard!

1 hour ago, ScotColt said:

Can we loan Kelly to the Jets for as long as Darnold is out and then take him back, then we can see how Kelly does in the NFL and decide if he is better or worse than JB once and for all lol get it done Ballard!

It would be interesting if the NFL had a loan mechanism, but I don't think it would be workable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I've always said the NFL needs a farm team system.

Can we have a farm team for football fans, too?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

Can we have a farm team for football fans, too?

I wouldn't to be accused of growing dope(s) :P

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

I wouldn't to be accused of growing dope(s) :P

It would give us a chance to weed out the Weed?

2 minutes ago, CoachLite said:

It would give us a chance to weed out the Weed?

Ahem.. Moderator hat back on, move along people, nothing to see here. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

Mono in an adult is serious issue, especially for an athlete in a contact sport.  the spleen swells a lot and takes a longer period to reduce back to normal.  He could feel fine but with an enlrged spleen and contact involved in football, he risks a ruptured or lacerated spleen and he'd be done for the year....  Bet his recovery is longer part of 7 weeks.

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Hoyer is Hoyerible. If he could be traded, the Pats would have done it. Frankly I'm still surprised we picked him up. 

I'm not.  Hoyer is not here for what he can do ON the field.  He's a mentor.  His job is to help Brissett and the rest of the team prepare for games by running the scout team, working with Brissett on issue areas and helping with film study.

Hoyer survived for several seasons as an NFL starter by doing everything JB7 needs to learn right now.  Being quick, decisive, and a smart passer allowed him a couple winning seasons even despite having practically no arm strength or mobility. 

I think the hope is that JB7, as well as possibly the new quarterback if we draft one, will learn from Hoyer and absorb some of his wisdom.  it's not a bad use of the QB2 slot.  And it's something Chad Kelly is just not capable of at all.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I've always said the NFL needs a farm team system.

I fully agree. Have a 12-14 round draft, have your preseason roster at 120, allow your active roster at 60 with everyone active, set up up a scout team league. Whether or not it makes money or not, who cares if you’re developing players that were on the fringe. You get to send down the Hogan’s, the Cameron Wake’s, Joe Theismans, Warren Moons and countless others, whether from the Canadian league or some other form. Get them health insurance, appropriate training staff, a salary that is just like the AA-AAA baseball teams get, just enough to buy a pair of underwear now and then. There has to be some business model for the nfl that could work to groom the kids who just weren’t quite ready after the draft year but with 1-3 years of effective minor league coaching, could come up and help the main team at some point and the team controls that groups movement for 3 seasons. Idk, just seems logical. 

41 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I fully agree. Have a 12-14 round draft, have your preseason roster at 120, allow your active roster at 60 with everyone active, set up up a scout team league. Whether or not it makes money or not, who cares if you’re developing players that were on the fringe. You get to send down the Hogan’s, the Cameron Wake’s, Joe Theismans, Warren Moons and countless others, whether from the Canadian league or some other form. Get them health insurance, appropriate training staff, a salary that is just like the AA-AAA baseball teams get, just enough to buy a pair of underwear now and then. There has to be some business model for the nfl that could work to groom the kids who just weren’t quite ready after the draft year but with 1-3 years of effective minor league coaching, could come up and help the main team at some point and the team controls that groups movement for 3 seasons. Idk, just seems logical. 

With the physicality of the game and the penchant for injury very few NFL caliber athletes are going to be happy with the idea of burning their bodies for years at low pay just to get to the NFL level as a pro.

The reason this stuff works for the MLB and NHL is that a dozens the guys at the highest developmental level could play as a full fledged pro if the situation called for it.  I'm not sure the same talent pool exists in football, AAF notwithstanding.

12 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

With the physicality of the game and the penchant for injury very few NFL caliber athletes are going to be happy with the idea of burning their bodies for years at low pay just to get to the NFL level as a pro.

The reason this stuff works for the MLB and NHL is that a dozens the guys at the highest developmental level could play as a full fledged pro if the situation called for it.  I'm not sure the same talent pool exists in football, AAF notwithstanding.

I understand the difference between the NFL and the MLB. I’m not sure what the answer is. Maybe developmental leagues that offer film study, walk through, light contact drills, weight training etc... Develop like OTA’s and training camps. Give the teams access and control of movement over these guys while in such a program. Idk, seems like teams could develop those kids that were just a tad under the threshold of making the 53, no room on a practice squad for the position perhaps and unknown to other teams for their practice squad. Or increase the practice squads, that would probably work come to think of it. Make room for 8-10 players for each side of the ball and 1-2 special team types. I’d also like to see a way that teams can drop a guy from the 53 (would like to see it be 60) and designate a couple as safe to the team so as not to get poached from the PS. I have a lot of wants :hat: