Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Lucky Wolf

Chad Kelly decision today?

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

So the Pats allowed 113 yds/game on the ground last season. They have allowed 37/game this season. Doesn't sound like many teams are going to rack up 200. What's your point?

point is JB has to throw it he cant have mack bail him out against better teams 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

point is JB has to throw it he cant have mack bail him out against better teams 

So.....neither the Chargers, nor the Titans, could see that JB wasn't "all that" and stack the box on every play? Avoiding 375 yards on the ground?

 

Or, maybe they respected JB enough that they had to defend him and play the pass as well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

So.....neither the Chargers, nor the Titans, could see that JB wasn't "all that" and stack the box on every play? Avoiding 375 yards on the ground?

 

Or, maybe they respected JB enough that they had to defend him and play the pass as well. 

teams will be here soon that's why he needs to show if hes got the talent to win with his arm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

when did luck have this team? 

Never, he walked away from it.  So all those losses were the team’s fault not Luck’s?  Just like all of Peyton’s playoff flameouts were the team’s fault not his???  So those guys get all the credit for wins but not the losses?  I bet it’ll be the exact opposite for JB.  The wins will be because of the OLine, the running game, the defense...  Anything but JB.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

teams will be here soon that's why he needs to show if hes got the talent to win with his arm 

If the Falcons stack the box I guarantee Jacoby will have a big game.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

teams will be here soon that's why he needs to show if hes got the talent to win with his arm 

What exactly does that mean.  What do you think we just faced, a pair of Girl Scout troops?

 

Both the Chargers and the Titans were early season favorites to complete for their divisions this year.  Facing them down, however it was done, is no small feat.  Certainly, they are "teams."

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

If the Falcons stack the box I guarantee Jacoby will have a big game.   

I honestly fear the Falcons far less than I feared the Titans

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

point is JB has to throw it he cant have mack bail him out against better teams 

Mack had 50 yards rushing against Tennessee.  JB had 3 tds.   I don't think mack bailed him out 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If the Falcons stack the box I guarantee Jacoby will have a big game.   

hope so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

BB owns Andy Reid.   They didn't have brown or Gordon last year

Barely won that game.  I wouldn't say own because each contest the score was pretty close. I think Reid could get over the hump.  BB has a healthy respect for that KC Offense. That's why he went and beefed his offense up this year.  He knows KC is good enough to spoil their plans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

teams will be here soon that's why he needs to show if hes got the talent to win with his arm 

The truth is we don't yet know. That is why some fans are waiting to see. I think this season is a find out season. Luck retiring created this need to evaluate this year. Also, it is my opinion, which is different that a lot of fans views, that Jacoby has earned this season as a test season. 

 

I haven't seen anything from his play so far that tells me he is incapable of performing this year. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Mack had 50 yards rushing against Tennessee.  JB had 3 tds.   I don't think mack bailed him out 

Wilkins had 82, the running game was still a factor even though Mack had a modest day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Mack had 50 yards rushing against Tennessee.  JB had 3 tds.   I don't think mack bailed him out 

ok my bad the running game bails him out same difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

ok my bad the running game bails him out same difference.

So who threw the 3 tds?

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wilkins had 82, the running game was still a factor even though Mack had a modest day. 

50 of that came on one play.   A monster play for sure.   But Jacoby threw the tds

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So who threw the 3 tds?

50 of that came on one play.   A monster play for sure.   But Jacoby threw the tds

I'm talking about when they play a team that stacks the box that will stop the run and has a great QB. 149 yards is not beating those teams point blank period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So who threw the 3 tds?

50 of that came on one play.   A monster play for sure.   But Jacoby threw the tds

Indeed he did and I don't mean to take anything away, but I am saying between the two of them the running game was still a factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Barely won that game.  I wouldn't say own because each contest the score was pretty close. I think Reid could get over the hump.  BB has a healthy respect for that KC Offense. That's why he went and beefed his offense up this year.  He knows KC is good enough to spoil their plans. 

Belichick is 6-2 against Andy and 2-0 in the playoffs.   He didn't beef up his offense until Brown fell into his lap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'm talking about when they play a team that stacks the box that will stop the run and has a great QB. 149 yards is not beating those teams point blank period.

When that happens let me know.   It hasn't happened yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Belichick is 6-2 against Andy and 2-0 in the playoffs.   He didn't beef up his offense until Brown fell into his lap

They were already scoring plenty of points.  For some reason this year he brings back the unreliable Josh Gordon and then adds Brown who he could have easily passed on.  He's got some interest in being an offensive juggernaut this year.  Personally I believe he knows he'll run into KC again, and he's most definitely got the guns to shoot it out with them for sure.  And the defense is playing well to go on top of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have the Colts reported yet what they are doing with Kelly ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOF19 said:

Have the Colts reported yet what they are doing with Kelly ?

No,   tomorrow at some point.   He will either be traded or be on the 53.  With the desir and Leonard injuries I could see him get traded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No,   tomorrow at some point.   He will either be traded or be on the 53.  With the desir and Leonard injuries I could see him get traded 

Doubt that will affect their plans any

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No,   tomorrow at some point.   He will either be traded or be on the 53.  With the desir and Leonard injuries I could see him get traded 

Not to mention his complete lack of reasonable character. He's not changed, regardless of his (oft repeated) claims of redemption and finally seeing the light. He's a gunslinger with no regard for societal norms...at least until his testosterone levels drop significantly, likely in his 40's. Give this clown a pass. He's not Colts material.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Not to mention his complete lack of reasonable character. He's not changed, regardless of his (oft repeated) claims of redemption and finally seeing the light. He's a gunslinger with no regard for societal norms...at least until his testosterone levels drop significantly, likely in his 40's. Give this clown a pass. He's not Colts material.

 

I think Kelly has been a good citizen, since his arrival to the Colts. There’s a connection with Reich, apparently they think differently than you!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MPStack said:

 

I think Kelly has been a good citizen, since his arrival to the Colts. There’s a connection with Reich, apparently they think differently than you!

A good citizen for an entire 2 months, gosh. And his connection is via his uncle, whom Reich promised to help stabilize. It's a lost cause. For at least the next 10 or 15 years. Stupid testosterone.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

A good citizen for an entire 2 months, gosh. And his connection is via his uncle, whom Reich promised to help stabilize. It's a lost cause. For at least the next 10 or 15 years. Stupid testosterone.

wanna know what's stupid? this post 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

 

No man can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else hold to the one and despise the other.

 

Unless we see Kelly as our QB2 in the near future, I honestly think we need to move on from Kelly.  And given the existence of Hoyer on the roster, we don't see Kelly as our QB2 in the near future.  Let him go tantalize some other team that isn't fighting for a playoff spot. 

 

We really can't afford to give him the playing time he needs to break out anyway. As things stand right now we're competitive for the division.   Gotta roll out with the best we have at all times.  No real way to ever work him in.

 

A team scraping the bottom would be a far better situation for him right now.  I think we got him because we thought we might be in that situation.  Turns out we're a little too competitive to ever really risk giving him the shot he needs.

 

Going to a more desperate team would be the making of Kelly.  Staying in Indy would be the strangling of Kelly. 

 

Personally I see a trade with the Jags coming up.  Would love to bring in Jalen Ramsey in a deal for Kelly ++, Ramsey seems to be close to the end of his tether in JAX and would represent a HUGE improvement to our secondary.  And the Jags are desperate enough for QB to actually give Kelly a look.  If the Jags got a potential QBOTF and a draft pick or two, we might be able to make a trade work.

For one thing, no way in Hades does the lags send over a top tier CB to their rival team for a guy who could have potential as a QB. And quite frankly, I don’t want that type of drama queen on my team anyways. He is the equivalent to AB. And Dez Bryant. Talent out of this world but all about me guys. Nope! 

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I'm hopeful we keep Chad Kelly

 

Why even bring him in with Luck and JB on the team?

 

Why bother if they are just going to release him anyway

 

It sounds like they gave him some very clear instructions to keep his nose clean

 

From all indications he has done EXACTLY that

 

He also has proven on the field that he CAN play QB (at least with the 2's and 3's)

 

Strong Arm

Mobile

Good touch

Quick compact release

Very accurate

Quick decision making

 

I hope that they keep him, and let him be the primary backup for next year

(Or, if JB falters or is injured, this year..... give him a shot)

 

There must be something missing, not evident to me, if they cut him.

 

(He wont make it to PS)

 

To me, a QB with potential is something you hold onto.........

 

The guy hasnt proven ANYTHING in a real game....... but he DOES show a large amount of potential

 

 

 

What I loved about Kelly was that quicker release, equally strong arm as JB, accurate equal to JB, mobile. Just haven’t had his chance under the big lights yet that JB has had, and it’s Kellys own doing but it sure would have been nice to see him get the chance and see if he can do it under the big lights. 

 

If JB plays like he has, trying to escape to make plays, he is going to get killed. He needs to find an open guy in 3 seconds or less and stop holding the ball so long. He scares me. Love his toughness and willingness to fight out of a hole but he isn’t always going to make it out and he’s going to get hurt. 

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

How many times did Luck beat the Patriots or Mahomes?  Over the course of his career not just last year?  The answer is none.  Zero.  In fact, he often played terrible in those games.  But I bet you think Luck was gonna get it done this year though right?  Luck & all the other QB’s currently in the league putting up hollow stats (lots of yards, turnovers, & losses) get the benefit of the doubt but JB doesn’t even though he’s winning & playing effectively...

Dude, your posts make you sound like your his family member or something. You make it sound like you’re taking it personally. JB has won exactly 1 game this year and it wasn’t something that looked magical, it was a game where we were fortunate to win not well that performance gives us much reason to say this team will be fine with this guy. I’m not writing JB off whatsoever, I’m looking at him cautiously though. I’d be the exact same way if for some reason it was Kelly in as well. Show me a pattern of your game over time and I’ll trust you. 2017 is thrown out for me so we are purely looking at this year. It’s 1-1, we are giving it time. 

1 hour ago, CanuckColt said:

Brissett has no ceiling...none, zero, nada. You've seen it.

That’s a bit of overkill. He has a lot of ceiling to grow. It’s all about can he grow in decision making faster and become more decisive. He has the other tools to hone, he has room to rise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Doubt that will affect their plans any

Why wouldn't effect their plans?  You can only have 5 that don't dress on Sunday.   If desir, Leonard and sheard can't play,   keeping a 3rd qb will be tough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jb is a less talented alex smith. He will win games in the regular season. Jb is in no way a bad qb, hes adequate. We are spoiled as fans, we need to get used to a bit of mediocrity from our passing, every team has gone through this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bigponcho said:

Jb is a less talented alex smith. He will win games in the regular season. Jb is in no way a bad qb, hes adequate. We are spoiled as fans, we need to get used to a bit of mediocrity from our passing, every team has gone through this.

@Bigponcho you reacted as 'confused' to my earlier post regarding Mr. Kelly's lack of being a good citizen. I refer you to Mr Doyel's article.  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2019/05/29/indianapolis-colts-made-weird-choice-giving-chance-chad-kelly-jim-kelly-chris-ballard-frank-reich/1269105001/

The guy's a ticking time bomb. NOT what the colts need or want. Regardless of his on-field skills in front of 2s and 3s in the preseason. Hope that clears up your confusion Sir.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Myles said:

Not trust him as the starter, but trust him as a 3rd string QB with potential back up QB.

 

I think there's better uses for that last roster spot.  Especially with our kicker struggling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krunk said:

They were already scoring plenty of points.  For some reason this year he brings back the unreliable Josh Gordon and then adds Brown who he could have easily passed on.  He's got some interest in being an offensive juggernaut this year.  Personally I believe he knows he'll run into KC again, and he's most definitely got the guns to shoot it out with them for sure.  And the defense is playing well to go on top of that. 

He got both Brown and Gordon because they were low hanging fruit.  If you pay any attention to the Patriots at all their big effort was on D.  Specifically the pass rush and the secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I got a bad feeling... he is going to get cut.

 

Nooooo way he gets cut.  He has value, Ballard isn't going to just throw that value away.  If I had to guess this is taking so long because Ballard is working on getting the best value he can in trade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Nooooo way he gets cut.  He has value, Ballard isn't going to just throw that value away.  If I had to guess this is taking so long because Ballard is working on getting the best value he can in trade

This is my thoughts 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think there's better uses for that last roster spot.  Especially with our kicker struggling

Not good for a team to keep 2 FG kickers on the roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why wouldn't effect their plans?  You can only have 5 that don't dress on Sunday.   If desir, Leonard and sheard can't play,   keeping a 3rd qb will be tough

Perhaps but we shall see. If they do they do, if they don’t they don’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear the Steelers are interested in Hoyer.

 

Okay, didn't really hear that, but.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

For one thing, no way in Hades does the lags send over a top tier CB to their rival team for a guy who could have potential as a QB. And quite frankly, I don’t want that type of drama queen on my team anyways. He is the equivalent to AB. And Dez Bryant. Talent out of this world but all about me guys. Nope! 

What I loved about Kelly was that quicker release, equally strong arm as JB, accurate equal to JB, mobile. Just haven’t had his chance under the big lights yet that JB has had, and it’s Kellys own doing but it sure would have been nice to see him get the chance and see if he can do it under the big lights. 

 

If JB plays like he has, trying to escape to make plays, he is going to get killed. He needs to find an open guy in 3 seconds or less and stop holding the ball so long. He scares me. Love his toughness and willingness to fight out of a hole but he isn’t always going to make it out and he’s going to get hurt. 

Dude, your posts make you sound like your his family member or something. You make it sound like you’re taking it personally. JB has won exactly 1 game this year and it wasn’t something that looked magical, it was a game where we were fortunate to win not well that performance gives us much reason to say this team will be fine with this guy. I’m not writing JB off whatsoever, I’m looking at him cautiously though. I’d be the exact same way if for some reason it was Kelly in as well. Show me a pattern of your game over time and I’ll trust you. 2017 is thrown out for me so we are purely looking at this year. It’s 1-1, we are giving it time. 

That’s a bit of overkill. He has a lot of ceiling to grow. It’s all about can he grow in decision making faster and become more decisive. He has the other tools to hone, he has room to rise. 

I’m such a homer I do take it personally.  I’m all for this team winning.  By any means necessary. JB is 1-1 but has done enough to be 2-0 both road games.  Yet he gets no credit with some. Sure he deserves criticism. Yeah it’s wise to stay cautious. But give Frank & JB the chance to grow together.  If Frank feels we need to make a change, I trust his judgment. Regardless, I’m choosing to enjoy the ride.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...