Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly decision today?

Lucky Wolf

1 minute ago, Lennon1940 said:

Joe Montana? 

I’ve said I think he’s a better quarterback than JB, not better than anyone other starting QB in the league. I will still maintain that opinion. JB has never kicked anyone’s butt by himself at any level except high school probably. 

Kelly has the more elite skill set and the higher ceiling. I’m still unclear how some of you fail to see that. JB is a better leader, better person, and is seemingly much smarter, which is why he and Kelly are sitting where they are right now. 

JB isn’t the answer. By god I wish he was because that means we’d be dominating. But he just isn’t.  Eventually when teams start stacking the box against us and dare our mediocre QB to beat them through the air, JB being unable to impose his will on defenses is going to kill us.

bored real housewives GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Now get him as familiar as possible to our offensive playbook and system...……………………………………………………..JUST IN CASE ! ………..GO COLTS !!!!!

Yeah...get him up to speed first, before Jacoby has his knee go bad.

(injury report says Jacoby practiced in full (knee)).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

That is what scared everyone off.

These GMs love to play it safe...take no risks...just keep doing their safe jobs.

I think teams will gamble on risky guys, just a lot less on risky QBs. His talent was enough to secure the QB2 job in Denver (even with the history), it's just the continuance of the behavioral issues that scare folks. He simply needs to keep his nose clean for an extended period. 

7 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Joe Montana? 

I’ve said I think he’s a better quarterback than JB, not better than any other starting QB in the league. I will still maintain that opinion. JB has never kicked anyone’s butt by himself at any level except high school probably. 

Kelly has the more elite skill set and the higher ceiling. I’m still unclear how some of you fail to see that. JB is a better leader, better person, and is seemingly much smarter, which is why he and Kelly are sitting where they are right now. 

JB isn’t the answer. By god I wish he was because that means we’d be dominating. But he just isn’t.  Eventually when teams start stacking the box against us and dare our mediocre QB to beat them through the air, JB being unable to impose his will on defenses is going to kill us.

I agree with you on Kelly having a higher ceiling. But I’ll wait to see if Jacoby can make all the throws, before I say he can’t  make them.

Sitting under JB, Hoyer and Reich, can help him develop. I just see a diamond in the rough.

Maybe those of us who think he has Franchise potential are wrong but I’m just glad he cleared wavers. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start in the future. How far in the future? Who knows. Rogers waited 4 years.

I’m still rooting for JB to have a great year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Nope. Settling for mediocrity doesn’t appeal to me. We’re an 8-8 team with Captain Game Manager out there.

Three teams lost starting qbs in the last week.  Not one of them saw this incredible talent from Kelly.   I guess you're right and the entire NFL is wrong.   Not one team willing to give absolutley zero for him.  Not even offer a higher practice squad salary.    The odds of every GM being wrong is slim.    But you keep wearing those Chad Kelly pajamas.    

At least you have good taste in music

• Thanks 1

Yes!  Glad to hear that Chad Kelly was signed to the Colts practice squad.  I like his potential and he is definitely an upgrade to Phillip Walker as the QB 3.  

I also say that with full support of Jacoby as our starting QB.  He is doing a fine job thus far in my opinion.   I'm encouraged by what I've seen over the past 2 weeks.  Some need to lighten up and let the whole season play out before condemning him.  The offense will evolve as our young receivers get some games under them.  Thus far, he has been much better protecting the football than Luck was which counts for a lot in my book.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

Well...mediocrity is what we get with Mr. Game Manager...last in passing yards...and even those yards were largely YAC.

You can't possibly know this season is going to be mediocre or not just 2 games in. If Vinatieri hadn't had a meltdown, we'd be 2-0.

And JB might have below average passing yards this year, but he'll also likely throw fewer than average interceptions.

In any case, I fully expect him to improve throughout the season, and since I lack your crystal ball, I am reserving judgment until more data come in. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

WOW! 19 pages on a Chad Kelly thread. I thought I have seen it all in here until now lmao 

Just read this last page. The Kelly Fan Club can continue to dream. They were “this” close to abandoning the Colt’s ship though...  Now they can continue to pretend to be Colt’s fans while calling for Kelly to be given the QB1 job.  I bet if CK had gone to Pittsburgh & won the job they would have cheered for the Steelers over the Colts...

Notice how they gloss over the fact CK didn’t get picked up or twist the truth to fit their narrative. I’m glad Frank & CB want to bring him along slowly though.  Like someone said upthread, we “might” have a diamond in the rough. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ask Bill Parcels 

Yes, you are right, of course. Here's a quote:

"I have a very high regard for this young man. He’s an awesome kid. He’s very bright. He has zero personal issues. He’s a very dedicated, committed guy.’’

https://nypost.com/2019/09/08/why-jacoby-brissett-has-a-big-backer-in-bill-parcells/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

Yes, you are right, of course. Here's a quote:

"I have a very high regard for this young man. He’s an awesome kid. He’s very bright. He has zero personal issues. He’s a very dedicated, committed guy.’’

https://nypost.com/2019/09/08/why-jacoby-brissett-has-a-big-backer-in-bill-parcells/

Well, in all fairness, he said he never HEARD about JB being smart, he didn't say he didn't READ it.

I'm glad the Colts were able to sign Chad to the practice squad and I look forward to seeing what's next for him. But, I don't think the Chad Fan Club should take any shots about what they have or haven't heard about Jacoby's intelligence when there's so much to be heard about Swaaag. 

Cops: QB Threatened AK-47 Massacre Days After Signing With Ole Miss

https://deadspin.com/cops-qb-threatened-ak-47-massacre-days-after-signing-w-1673940523

and "Chill, Bro!" Video Shows Chad Kelly Brawling With Bouncers

If you knew Chad, this is a pretty normal night/behavior for him. He's just an idio t, plain and simple. He has the world by the nuts thanks to his uncle and he can't keep his nose clean. Literally and figuratively.

https://deadspin.com/chill-bro-video-shows-chad-kelly-brawling-with-boun-1674046938

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Just read this last page. The Kelly Fan Club can continue to dream. They were “this” close to abandoning the Colt’s ship though...  Now they can continue to pretend to be Colt’s fans while calling for Kelly to be given the QB1 job.  I bet if CK had gone to Pittsburgh & won the job they would have cheered for the Steelers over the Colts...

Pretend Colts fan? Because I have an extremely strong opinion that Kelly is a better QB than JB?

Dude I'm from Zionsville. Get over yourself.

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

For all the people bad mouthing JB

good morning adult GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers 

For the record, I'm not bad mouthing JB as a human being. He's obviously a great leader and teammate and is a good citizen and I'm the one who said that he's smart, which started all this. 

I just think he has no business being the starting QB of a playoff contender. 

• Like 1

Just now, Myles said:

No GM in the NFL wanted this guy.  

How do you know that? The FO set it up so that teams were already set before Kelly hit the wire. You think the Steelers would have still chosen Lynch if Kelly were available on the waiver wire? hahahahah no freaking way. Lynch is an aggressively awful QB. 

Just now, Lennon1940 said:

How do you know that? The FO set it up so that teams were already set before Kelly hit the wire. You think the Steelers would have still chosen Lynch if Kelly were available on the waiver wire? hahahahah no freaking way. Lynch is an aggressively awful QB. 

And yet he is getting a NFL salary

Please stomp the negativity    

Here in NY metro area I have actually heard of fistfights between Eli manning fans and Daniel Jones fans ……...Are there fistfights going on in the City of Indianapolis between those for and against Kelly a back-up QB ? And will this be the busiest thread on this board this year ?

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

But Chad Kelly does. 

goodfellas laughing GIF

He has a better chance of winning games as a starter than JB does. He's the better quarterback on the field. Kelly has beaten the absolute hell out of people everywhere he's gotten on the field as the starter. Led his team to the JUCO National Championship, led crappy Ole Miss to a Sugar Bowl win and twice beat the No.1 ranked team in the country. JB hasn't done anything except be at the right place at the right time twice in the NFL and be a mediocre college QB.

But ya, there's no way Chad Kelly, the guy who has the highest score EVER recorded by SportsScience, beating out guys like Brees, Mahomes, Goff, etc., could be a better QB than Jacoby "I've only ever had three 300+ yard games after the age of 18" Brissett.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Pretend Colts fan? Because I have an extremely strong opinion that Kelly is a better QB than JB?

Dude I'm from Zionsville. Get over yourself.

Yet you didn't become a member until August of this year and 100% of your posts are about the third string qb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Every single gm in the NFL disagrees with your mediocre opinion

NFL coaches and GMs are some of the most risk-averse people on the planet. If they'd rather play it safe with the trash that make up two-thirds of the league's quarterbacks than take a chance on an out-of-this-world talent with a checkered past, it's their loss.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lennon1940 said:

He has a better chance of winning games as a starter than JB does. He's the better quarterback on the field. Kelly has beaten the absolute hell out of people everywhere he's gotten on the field as the starter. Led his team to the JUCO National Championship, led crappy Ole Miss to a Sugar Bowl win and twice beat the No.1 ranked team in the country. JB hasn't done anything except be at the right place at the right time twice in the NFL and be a mediocre college QB.

But ya, there's no way Chad Kelly, the guy who has the highest score EVER recorded by SportsScience, beating out guys like Brees, Mahomes, Goff, etc., could be a better QB than Jacoby "I've only ever had three 300+ yard games after the age of 18" Brissett.

I guess every GM in the league is wrong.     Odd

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jared Jammer said:

NFL coaches and GMs are some of the most risk-averse people on the planet. If they'd rather play it safe with the trash that make up two-thirds of the league's quarterbacks then take a chance on an out-of-this-world talent with a checkered past, it's their loss.

Really?  Why do Cam Newton  and Jamies Winston have jobs?  Why was Manziel drafted in the first round?  Why was Rothlisberger not cut?  Nice try