Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Lucky Wolf

Chad Kelly decision today?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

Were those players QB's though? You can hide a talented DE who is a thug with a troubled past. You can't hide a QB from the media spotlight though. 

Cam Newton Jameis Winston

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

lets just hold on to leftwich for a couple of years. It cost Del Rio his job.

Literally nothing about Jacobys game is like Byron's game

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

if you look back through the thread, several have defended his performance.... 

 

Because you and John Lennon have been wrongly attacking his performance.

 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

this decision was dumb. jacoby is at best a back up, a solid one at that. Kelly has that it factor. He is going to be good for somebody. Everybody preaches second chances. Ray Lewis was the poster child about second chances. Im just not exited about the qb position. 

 

You're literally saying you know more than the GM and the HC.    You think the guy they cut yesterday with hopes to re-sign him to the PS today is not just better than the back-up,  he's better than the starting quarterback.

 

You think our 3rd string is better than our 1st string.     Right now.     

 

Goodness,  this is a terrible take for you......      you're a much better poster than this......

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

Were those players QB's though? You can hide a talented DE who is a thug with a troubled past. You can't hide a QB from the media spotlight though. 

Sure some QB's are in that group.   But that also brings up that the QB is the most important position on the team and if the other NFL teams thought Kelly had starter talent, they would certainly overlook a misdemeanor and sign him or trade for him to have on their roster. 

I'm sure we don't know everything, but teams (including the Colts) don't feel he is as good as he looked in a couple preseason games against 3rd stringers.  Stat-wise he really didn't have a great preseason.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I hope. I know the reports said that the FO expects him to clear, but honestly I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does.

 

I'm expecting him to sign on the Colts P.S. after 4:00 pm. 

 

However, if he gets picked up, I want to know what player that made a teams 53 man roster gets cut.  Is he a better player than #53 on the Colts roster?  If the guy was a vested vet on the roster for game 1, his salary for the year is guaranteed and must be paid by the team that cut him, even though he is a FA again. I'd be interested in (essentially trading a PS QB for) a vet that is already paid and may better than our worst 53 man player (Rolan Milligan?)

 

Or release a young developing player on to the waiver wire.  Either of those for a QB that has no game experience, doesn't know the playbook, and has no reps with his team mates.

 

We'll see.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Because you and John Lennon have been wrongly attacking his performance.

 

I used stats. I know you hate stats, but it's more factual than "the FO is always right"

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

I'm expecting him to sign on the Colts P.S. after 4:00 pm. 

 

However, if he gets picked up, I want to know what player that made a teams 53 man roster gets cut.  Is he a better player than #53 on the Colts roster?  If the guy was a vested vet on the roster for game 1, his salary for the year is guaranteed and must be paid by the team that cut him, even though he is a FA again. I'd be interested in (essentially trading a PS QB for) a vet that is already paid and may better than our worst 53 man player (Rolan Milligan?)

 

Or release a young developing player on to the waiver wire.  Either of those for a QB that has no game experience, doesn't know the playbook, and has no reps with his team mates.

 

We'll see.

 

It'll be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

NE will sign him at 3:59:59.:woah:

 

Wow!! Then who does Belichick cut to make room?  !!  :headspin:  !!

 

{of course, our members know all teams interested submit their waiver claims in to the NFL. The NFL just awards rights to the first team on the waiver claim list  when the deadline arrives. All other claims become null and void}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The levels of polarity on show here on all sides are as usual at best amusing, at times alarming. 

 

As it's become a catch all discussion on the Colts QB situation I'll weigh in with my opinions, and these are strictly personal opinion, I don't hold them up as being right or wrong. 

 

I don't think Brissett is in the realms of say a Luck/Newton (highly touted draft talent), nor do I suspect he will turn out to be a Wilson/Mahomes (not high on draft boards but developed/had elite talent), but I do think he can be a solid starting QB. Enough to win with certainly, and his arm talent/strength is somewhat overlooked. I don't think he'll ever give you gaudy numbers, but I also don't think he will throw games away. He may end up being like Prescott (touted as nothing more than a game manager) who with the right coaching and scheme can start to look like a legit top 10 QB. I like what I see in terms of personality, and I do think he has what it takes to lead a team. 

 

Hoyer is well Brian Hoyer. Solid backup, could win game with a good supporting cast and conservative play calling over a short span. Isn't going to be the guy, but will be a good team mate and good film room guy. Wealth of experience in the league. Think Matt Hasselbeck. Yes the Patriots let him go, but they think they've got a guy they can develop to take over the throne. Rumour also had it they let him go to test the market in the hope of getting him back on a reduced salary. 

 

Kelly certainly flashed, and certainly has ability, but I don't think he's such a good prospect you bet the farm on him. Attitude issues aside, he's yet to show us he can do it in a real NFL game. The coaching staff have had a much better look at him and will at least have a good idea where he currently is. If he really look a legit franchise QB right now do you think there's anyway he'd have been let out that door? I'd have been good keeping him on the roster, but I'm also not going to call for heads to roll if he doesn't clear waivers. 

 

Remember, a lot of this is the product of a very unexpected situation, the FO had to make the best of a pretty unique and unusual issue. 

 

Not really sure how we've stretched out to 17 pages talking about a 3rd stringer QB...

 

 

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Wow!! Then who does Belichick cut to make room?  !!  :headspin:  !!

 

Brady. Kelly goes on to win 10 straight SBs under first BB, and then McDaniels. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

 

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Wow!! Then who does Belichick cut to make room?  !!  :headspin:  !!

 

Brady. Kelly goes on to win 10 straight SBs under first BB, and then McDaniels. 

 

rotflmao Then becomes Colts backup to JB.  Later, Ballard signs Eli to be QB3.  Mentoring complete.  Training complete. JB becomes a Master Jedi...

 

intro.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Literally nothing about Jacobys game is like Byron's game

Wasn't Byron left handed?!!! I totally agree with you here. :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mod Note 

Although this seems to be quite an emotive topic can we try and tone down the personal bickering between posters. If you want to say mean things to each other then please do it via your own arrangements so we don't all have to be subjected to it. 

 

Posts have been removed, names have been taken. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Wow!! Then who does Belichick cut to make room?  !!  :headspin:  !!

 

 

one of their 7 WRs of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Wasn't Byron left handed?!!! I totally agree with you here. :P

Left-wich was not Left-handed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

I'm sure we don't know everything, but teams (including the Colts) don't feel he is as good as he looked in a couple preseason games against 3rd stringers.  Stat-wise he really didn't have a great preseason.

 

He had THE highest completion percentage of any QB in the preseason minimum 40 attempts at 74.0%

 

Tied for the 3rd most TD's this preseason

 

He had the 4th most total yards of any player this preseason

 

He had the 5th most 1st downs this preseason

 

He had the 10th highest QBR minimum 40 attempts this preseason

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

He had THE highest completion percentage of any QB in the preseason minimum 40 attempts at 74.0%

 

Tied for the 3rd most TD's this preseason

 

He had the 4th most total yards of any player this preseason

 

He had the 5th most 1st downs this preseason

 

He had the 10th highest QBR minimum 40 attempts this preseason

 

Wow.     No wonder teams are falling over themselves to sign him

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Wow.     No wonder teams are falling over themselves to sign him

 

Snarky response is irrelevant. Myles made an erroneous statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

He had THE highest completion percentage of any QB in the preseason minimum 40 attempts at 74.0%

 

Tied for the 3rd most TD's this preseason

 

He had the 4th most total yards of any player this preseason

 

He had the 5th most 1st downs this preseason

 

He had the 10th highest QBR minimum 40 attempts this preseason

 

2 td's vs 2 INT's.    I'll admit I was a bit wrong on his stats, but remember who he was playing against.    

I hope he clears waivers and we pick him up, but no NFL team thought he was worth even a 7th round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Myles said:

but no NFL team thought he was worth even a 7th round pick.

 

Well maybe if he had been first in all of those categories...

 

His attitude and past are his detriment, not his playing ability. The FO was also clever enough to not place him on waivers until most teams had already set their rosters for the week. You really think the Steelers would have still picked Paxton Lynch over Kelly if Kelly had been on the waiver wire at the time? No way in hell. Lynch is abysmal beyond measure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 


Dorsett?  ;)

 

I was going to say that lol... but I think he's safe given he's their leading WR (as of now).

:banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jvan1973 said:

Can you get a link to when he was convicted?

 

Naughright filed a defamation lawsuit against Manning and Underwood. Prior to the parties reaching an out-of-court settlement, Manning gave damaging testimony

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mitch Connors said:

 

Naughright filed a defamation lawsuit against Manning and Underwood. Prior to the parties reaching an out-of-court settlement, Manning gave damaging testimony

The lady is a serial lawsuit hound.    Check her out

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

He had THE highest completion percentage of any QB in the preseason minimum 40 attempts at 74.0%

 

Tied for the 3rd most TD's this preseason

 

He had the 4th most total yards of any player this preseason

 

He had the 5th most 1st downs this preseason

 

He had the 10th highest QBR minimum 40 attempts this preseason

 

Which puts him right up there with the other pre season QB leaders:

Ryan Griffin, Jarrett Stidham, Joe Webb III, Tyler Bray, Logan Woodside, Trace McSorley, Mike Glennon, Nathan Peterman, and on and on.

 

I like Kelly. I hope we keep him. But to quote pre season stats is not the right argument.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Which puts him right up there with the other pre season QB leaders:

Ryan Griffin, Jarrett Stidham, Joe Webb III, Tyler Bray, Logan Woodside, Trace McSorley, Mike Glennon, Nathan Peterman, and on and on.

 

I like Kelly. I hope we keep him. But to quote pre season stats is not the right argument.

 

 

 

I was simply refuting someone’s statement that his preseason stats weren’t great.

 

I don’t need preseason stats to back up my belief that he’s legit, so you’re correct, that wouldn’t be the right argument in his favor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

Well maybe if he had been first in all of those categories...

 

His attitude and past are his detriment, not his playing ability. The FO was also clever enough to not place him on waivers until most teams had already set their rosters for the week. You really think the Steelers would have still picked Paxton Lynch over Kelly if Kelly had been on the waiver wire at the time? No way in hell. Lynch is abysmal beyond measure. 

Still, no team was willing to part with a 7th round pick for him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

His attitude and past are his detriment, not his playing ability. The FO was also clever enough to not place him on waivers until most teams had already set their rosters for the week. You really think the Steelers would have still picked Paxton Lynch over Kelly if Kelly had been on the waiver wire at the time? No way in hell. Lynch is abysmal beyond measure. 

 

This was really clever, or you could call it selfish or callous, whatever you want to call it.

 

Jets had also signed another QB just before they waived Kelly. I think they were waiting on a few dominoes to fall before they made their move. Now, if they do not add him back to the PS, then the timing of how things transpired would not make sense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

This was really clever, or you could call it selfish or callous, whatever you want to call it.

 

Jets had also signed another QB just before they waived Kelly. I think they were waiting on a few dominoes to fall before they made their move. Now, if they do not add him back to the PS, then the timing of how things transpired would not make sense. 

agreed, we'll know in 45 minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

Well maybe if he had been first in all of those categories...

 

His attitude and past are his detriment, not his playing ability. The FO was also clever enough to not place him on waivers until most teams had already set their rosters for the week. You really think the Steelers would have still picked Paxton Lynch over Kelly if Kelly had been on the waiver wire at the time? No way in hell. Lynch is abysmal beyond measure. 

Lynch is on the Steelers practice squad.    He isn't on the 53

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

 

I was going to say that lol... but I think he's safe given he's their leading WR (as of now).

:banana:

That won't last much longer!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Devildog said:

So, did Kelly make it to the PS yet?  Didn't someone say the deadline is at 4pm EST? 

The dead line to claim him off waivers.     There is no timeline on signing him to the PS, if they choose to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Well...   a couple of points...    I think Sheard is only going to be offered back-up money,  so it might as well be ours.   Second...     there's no saying Yannick is going to be on the Colts,  so I still want Sheard as a backup.....   Third....       even if we sign Yannick, Ballard stil believes in 10 DL's,  and some are going to make decent money, so we should still be able to afford to sign Jabaal, no matter what happens.   A 20 mill per year contract still leaves the Colts with lots of money to spend.   Fourth....    if Sheard is offered starter money elsewhere,  good for him,  THEN we lose him.  
    • Sheard would be too expensive to bring back as a backup especially with the type of contract it would take to sign Yannick
    • Good to hear he's nowhere near Indianapolis.
    • First,  let's get one thing out of the way....      it WASN'T three years.    It was FIVE.   Here is the 49ers record leading up to 2019,   The previous 6 years.   Year             Wins               Losses             Divisional Place           Notes 2013:              12                       4                          2nd                   Lost in SB 2014                 8                        8                         3rd 2015                 5                      11                         4th 2016                 2                      14                         4th 2017                 6                      10                         4th 2018                 4                      12                         3rd   4 straight losing seasons.   All with double digit losses.   That's how they had so many top-10 and top-5 draft picks.    People here are complaining we went 7-9 and pick 13th.    Who is ready for lots more losing on this level?    I don't think you'll find many hands raised.    Also,  the 49ers lucked into getting Jimmy Garrappolo for just a 2nd round pick.   That's a gift wrap for a franchise level quarterback.    So, San Francisco was terrible for far longer than this thread recognizes.   It came with much more pain that Colts fan can withstand.    And they got a gift in finding their high level QB.   Winning in the NFL is flat-out incredibly hard.    It's not as easy as saying...   look what the 49ers did!     Much harder.  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...