Indianapolis Colts
Lucky Wolf

Chad Kelly decision today?

4 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Cool. Take a victory lap while our team is stuck with Jacoby Brissett yet again. Pop the champagne for 8-8. 

Not sure you realize that every time you and East Street proclaim how right you are,  you're literally saying you know more than Chris Ballard and his entire staff.     Do you even know that?

That's a bad,  bad look.

You couldn't possibly think that's true.    And yet here you are proclaiming that you know better.....     you sure you want to do this?

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The QB needy teams can’t afford to take a risk this late in the weekly cycle

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The teams that needed QBs already filled their needs

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They think Kelly will clear waives not because he's not wanted.    But because they've waited to the last minute.    Rosters for this week are mostly set.   Most teams won't want to make a move on a QB on a Thursday.      They might.    But the odds are better than if they had made their move public on Monday or Tuesday.

Smart,  strategic thinking.

Good point but that won’t stop them from cutting someone and signing him if they really want too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

A lot of people at NFL Network now support ( Of course they do this now !)  Eli Manning getting into the Hall of Fame and he has a lifetime .500 record .

So, did W. Moon! And Manning has 2 SBs, Moon two total  playoff wins.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have to say this thread is very entertaining and giving me a good laugh.

Remember,  posters who live in glass houses should not throw stones....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure you realize that every time you and East Street proclaim how right you are,  you're literally saying you know more than Chris Ballard and his entire staff.     Do you even know that?

That's a bad,  bad look.

You couldn't possibly think that's true.    And yet here you are proclaiming that you know better.....     you sure you want to do this?

I think John Lennon's ghost is either Chad Kelly himself or Chad Kelly's grandmother.  I'm guessing grandmother.   Chad doesn't have time to be posting here.   He is making it rain in broad ripple somewhere

• Haha 2

Just now, csmopar said:

Good point but that won’t stop them from cutting someone and signing him if they really want too

Coaches don’t like to go into the game with only one QB that knows their system

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's a bad,  bad look.

I agree.  Look, PFF loves the guy, and I am told to love him too, so I will 

https://twitter.com/PFF_Colts/status/1174478945929945089?s=19

I will also learn to love cold chicken nuggets and my children getting C's on their report card.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I forgot about Moon when I mentioned Archie

• Like 1

Jim Plunkett.   Two supermodel wins.   Not in the hall.   He should be though

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They think Kelly will clear waives not because he's not wanted.    But because they've waited to the last minute.    Rosters for this week are mostly set.   Most teams won't want to make a move on a QB on a Thursday.      They might.    But the odds are better than if they had made their move public on Monday or Tuesday.

Smart,  strategic thinking.

But wouldn't this probably mean another team would pick him up in the next week or two anyway? What's the point then? That the Colts can still add him to the 53 later or that they have him in case Brissett gets hurt Sunday?

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Kind of surprised, kind of not that he’s been released. Not surprised they released him, surprised they think he’ll clear waivers

Says something pretty damning if with all the gaps and openings in the league right now, all the injuries that could use a good gap filler and a few teams whose seasons are already outright over, and even figuring in Kelly's obvious talent (Kelly looked at least as good as Daniel Jones who is currently an NFL starter), not one of the other 31 teams take a crack at Kelly

3 minutes ago, bhougland said:

I agree.  Look, PFF loves the guy, and I am told to love him too, so I will 

https://twitter.com/PFF_Colts/status/1174478945929945089?s=19

I will also learn to love cold chicken nuggets and my children getting C's on their report card.

Hey,  I like the guy too!     When we signed him,  I was very happy with the move.   Said so over and over in numerous threads.     And I hope he clears waivers.    I want him on the Colts.

I hope in 2020 or 21,  he's our back-up to Jacoby and we've moved on from Hoyer.

But not now.    I'm fine with Hoyer as back-up and Kelly as the PS guy.

Chad's time hasn't come yet.    But I think it will.    He just needs a little time and seasoning.

I'm hopeful....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I forgot about Moon when I mentioned Archie

Moon sets the bar, for a lot of other QBs to get into the HOF for being very good IMO.  He had .500 W pct. with virtually no playoff success. 2-10. Double digit win season 2. 

The Eli Manning haters need to get a grip. 

• Like 1

Moon sets the bar, for a lot of other QBs to get into the HOF for being very good IMO.  He had .500 W pct. with virtually no playoff success. 2-10. Double digit win season 2. 

The Eli Manning haters need to get a grip. 

It didn’t hurt him that he single handily broke a certain glass ceiling 

• Like 2

It’s a win-win situation that the front office has enabled, if you think about it. Most teams’ 53 man rosters are set at this point. If Chad Kelly gets a chance to be at least a #2 option somewhere, he’s going to get a chance through the waiver pick up route. That’s his ceiling for this year. If he doesn’t, we sign him to our PS without wasting a roster spot because he won’t be a #2 here, at least this year. Besides, a team can pluck him off our PS at any time if they sign him to their 53 man roster anyways. 

An unemotional decision by the front office that makes sense all around.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

The glee you get while facing a future of mediocrity is beyond me. But hey, keep thinking JB is going to suddenly be a great QB.

Dude, Why are you still here? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It’s a win-win situation that the front office has enabled, if you think about it. Most teams’ 53 man rosters are set at this point. If Chad Kelly gets a chance to be at least a #2 option somewhere, he’s going to get a chance through the waiver pick up route. That’s his ceiling for this year. If he doesn’t, we sign him to our PS without wasting a roster spot because he won’t be a #2 here, at least this year. Besides, a team can pluck him off our PS at any time if they sign him to their 53 man roster anyways. 

An unemotional decision by the front office that makes sense all around.

Agreed

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It didn’t hurt him that he single handily broke a certain glass ceiling 

This.  I think he was hugely influencial and deserved the HOF because of the cultural significance.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Nah, he lacked more mediocre seasons, than meaningful ones. Longevity has proven to get some in the HOF.

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Why are you still here? 

He should be on waivers like Chad

Just now, MPStack said:

Nah, he lacked more mediocre seasons, than meaningful ones. Longevity has proven to get some in the HOF.

Two rings.    He has two rings.   Tell me how Joe Nameth is in and not  Plunkett

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Two rings.    He has two rings.   Tell me how Joe Nameth is in and not  Plunkett

Tell me how JN is in Canton and Gil Hodges is not in Cooperstown 

• Thanks 1

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Tell me how JN is in Canton and Gil Hodges is not in Cooperstown 

Cooperstown is an entirely different debate.   The best hitter all time isn't in 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Cooperstown is an entirely different debate.   The best hitter all time isn't in 

He was CK before CK was around

28 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Did you sleep through the Indianapolis Colts of 84-95 when mediocre was the hope?

Ahhhh...

The good old.... Crappy days

The days when you said 'I'm a Colts fan' and people ALWAYS replied with, Why??

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

He was CK before CK was around

CK shouldn't be allowed to sniff Charlie Hustles jock.  What are you talking about?

25 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He should be in the hall just for winning 2 supermodels.

I can only assume "darn auto cat?"

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Ahhhh...

Because we're fans.   

Just now, Imgrandojji said:

He should be in the hall just for winning 2 supermodels.

I can only assume "darn auto cat?"

Haha.   Yes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Ahhhh...

Since they were rarely shown down here I focused on the Princeton Tigers and the athletes that my Mom and Dad taught/coached

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I would never argue that.  I would argue how A LOT of QBs don’t get in to the HOF and W. Moon does. 

Just now, MPStack said:

I would never argue that.  I would argue how A LOT of QBs don’t get in to the HOF and W. Moon does. 

They take his CFL numbers into account.  It's the pro football HOF.  Not the. NFL HOF

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

CK shouldn't be allowed to sniff Charlie Hustles jock.  What are you talking about?

Pete took himself out of consideration for quite a while with his illegal off the field behavior    

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They take his CFL numbers into account.  It's the pro football HOF.  Not the. NFL HOF

It is the NFL HOF

It is not like the Basketball HOF

The only leagues that they give credut to are the AAFC and AFL which were absorb by the NFL

Pete took himself out of consideration for quite a while with his illegal off the field behavior    

His betting on his team to win didn't give him the most hits in the history of the league.   There are hall of fame players that admitted to cheating.   Pete never cheated

It is the NFL HOF

It is not like the Basketball HOF

Its the Hall of Fame for NFL players, but not necessarily exclusively for NFL players.

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So does D. Flutie get in?