Indianapolis Colts
Lucky Wolf

Chad Kelly decision today?

Just now, EastStreet said:

and they never get it wrong...

There record is pretty good.  

It's going to be funny if we resign him tomorrow to the PS. Or perhaps not be funny if he gets picked up by someone.

10 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Well by 5PM tomorrow (if he is not taken by another team) we will know if Colts wanna have him on this team .

Word is they do want him on the PS. That is why they waited until today instead of doing this Monday.

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

There record is pretty good.  

it's pretty a pretty track record so far, and it's also not perfect, and it's also very short.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

It's going to be funny if we resign him tomorrow to the PS. Or perhaps not be funny if he gets picked up by someone.

If we put him on the PS I am fine with that. Don’t know why that is funny. If he makes it through waivers I think it’s smart to sign him to the PS.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

and they never get it wrong...

Can you think of a successfull qb drafted in the 7th round with multiple arrests?

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Why would that be funny?  It's where he belongs

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Why do people act like Kelly is some stud at backup QB? The guy hasn’t taken one snap during the regular season.

hell no one can tell me why JB is a stud hes only won like 5 games 

45 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not sure what you mean about senior member.   But you're right,  some of these posts are ponderous.

Lol... Literally meant regular poster/veteran of the board.. senior as in you've been here for a hot minute.

11 minutes ago, IinD said:

Lol... Literally meant regular poster/veteran of the board.. senior as in you've been here for a hot minute.

Ah.  Yeah.   From the beginning.   

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Can you think of a successfull qb drafted in the 7th round with multiple arrests?

Can you think of a successful QB whose passer rating was never higher than 50th in college?

Wilson - 1st (set the NCAA record)

Mayfield - 1st

Rivers - 1st

Mariotta - 1st

Winston - 1st

Newton - 2nd

Murray - 2nd

Rivers - 1st

Dalton - 5th

Big Ben - 2nd

Rodgers - 8th

Goff - 9th

Darnold - 9th

Trubisky - 11th

Watson - 12th 

Mahomes - 12th

Prescott - 14th

Carr - 15th

Stafford 15th

Eli - 17th

Brady - 17th

Brees - 18th

Cousins - 18th

Jackson - 25th

Ryan - 36th

Brissett - 61st 

(Kelly was 13th fwiw)

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not sure if CK will ever be good..

What I am sure of, is you can't be critical of the front office or JB via opinion or stats without the sunshine pumpers freaking out.

this 100%

• Like 2

If a team claims Kelly on waivers, then can he turn them down?

The reason why I ask is that it might be better for him to be a 3rd stringer on the Colts (which he would essentially be as a member of the practice squad) than to be a 2nd or 3rd stringer on another team.

Just now, Lennon1940 said:

Can you think of a successful QB whose passer rating was never higher than 50th in college?

Mayfield - 1st

Rivers - 1st

Mariotta - 1st

Winston - 1st

Newton - 2nd

Murray - 2nd

Rivers - 1st

Dalton - 5th

Big Ben - 2nd

Rodgers - 8th

Goff - 9th

Darnold - 9th

Trubisky - 11th

Watson - 12th 

Mahomes - 12th

Prescott - 14th

Carr - 15th

Stafford 15th

Eli - 17th

Brady - 17th

Brees - 18th

Cousins - 18th

Jackson - 25th

Ryan - 36th

Brissett - 61st 

I can name more that fit this category than 7th round picks with multiple arrests being successfull.   

I'll start.   Kurt Warner

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

this 100%

Not intelligently.   Anyone can be critical of anything.   But if you don't have all the facts you aren't making an intelligent criticism.  

• Like 1

For the record JMV said a source told him they believe Kelly will have no problem clearing waivers.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

For the record JMV said a source told him they believe Kelly will have no problem clearing waivers.

Kelly will probably say no thanks so he can go ready for the epic battles he's gonna have against Johnny Football in the XFL. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he clears waivers I will pass out from laughing

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Wow this topic is headed almost to the same amount of pages that the original topic went to when it was announced on the Giants message board that Eli was benched......So I guess this is true >>>>>>>   Chad = Eli !!!!!!!

Kelly will probably say no thanks so he can go ready for the epic battles he's gonna have against Johnny Football in the XFL. 

Doubtful.   Ps in the NFL is better than starting in the XFL.

Just now, HOF19 said:

Wow this topic is headed almost to the same amount of pages that the original topic went to when it was announced on the Giants message board that Eli was benched......So I guess this is true >>>>>>>   Chad = Eli !!!!!!!

Except of course that's nonsense

The fact he practiced today tells me they expect to sign him to the PS and have already agreed on the amount of money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

If he clears waivers I will pass out from laughing

The glee you get while facing a future of mediocrity is beyond me. But hey, keep thinking JB is going to suddenly be a great QB.

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

They cut him from the PS after signing him 9-1?

September 4, 2019

Signed DB Rolan Milligan to the Practice Squad. Released QB Phillip Walker from the Practice Squad.

• Thanks 1

Except of course that's nonsense

Then why is it getting this much attention ????????????

The glee you get while facing a future of mediocrity is beyond me. But hey, keep thinking JB is going to suddenly be a great QB.

And you do the same thinking every team is clamoring for Chad.   Jacoby is better.   The coaches agree

Just now, HOF19 said:

Then why is it getting this much attention ????????????

This much attention here.   Nowhere else

9 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Mayfield - 1st

Rivers - 1st

Mariotta - 1st

Winston - 1st

Newton - 2nd

Murray - 2nd

Rivers - 1st

Dalton - 5th

Big Ben - 2nd

Rodgers - 8th

Goff - 9th

Darnold - 9th

Trubisky - 11th

Watson - 12th 

Mahomes - 12th

Prescott - 14th

Carr - 15th

Stafford 15th

Eli - 17th

Brady - 17th

Brees - 18th

Cousins - 18th

Jackson - 25th

Ryan - 36th

Brissett - 61st 

(Kelly was 13th fwiw)

I gotta give you and East Street a lot of credit.     You've been proven wrong,  and yet,  here you are, still trying to show you're the smartest guys in the room.     Even when it's obvious that you're not.    Good for you.

But one of the smartest, most respected front offices disagrees with you.

One of the smartest,  most respectd coaching staffs disagrees wtih you.

Sorry.    But the ship sailed on this.    The votes are in and tabulated.    You two lost and you lost HUGE!!

If figuring out who was going to be a good QB or a bad QB was as easy as you're trying to make it out to be,  then you'd be a General Manager right now.     And in case you haven't noticed........   

So,  you keep posting.    You keep telling all of us that you're right and Chris Ballard is wrong.   You keep telling us that you're right and Frank Reich is wrong.    You remind me of the Knight in the Monte Python movie...   you've got your arms and legs cut off,  and you keep asking for more!    Good luck with that....

• Haha 3

Just now, jvan1973 said:

And you do the same thinking every team is clamoring for Chad.   Jacoby is better.   The coaches agree

We're stuck with a more mediocre David Gerrard. Yay for us. 

Better than less good Johnny Manziel

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I gotta give you and East Street a lot of credit.     You've been proven wrong,  and yet,  here you are, still trying to show you're the smartest guys in the room.     Even when it's obvious that you're not.    Good for you.

But one of the smartest, most respected front offices disagrees with you.

One of the smartest,  most respectd coaching staffs disagrees wtih you.

Sorry.    But the ship sailed on this.    The votes are in and tabulated.    You two lost and you lost HUGE!!

If figuring out who was going to be a good QB or a bad QB was as easy as you're trying to make it out to be,  then you'd be a General Manager right now.     And in case you haven't noticed........   

So,  you keep posting.    You keep telling all of us that you're right and Chris Ballard is wrong.   You keep telling us that you're right and Frank Reich is wrong.    You remind me of the Knight in the Monte Python movie...   you've got your arms and legs cut off,  and you keep asking for more!    Good luck with that....

Cool. Take a victory lap while our team is stuck with Jacoby Brissett yet again. Pop the champagne for 8-8. 

• Confused 1

Kind of surprised, kind of not that he’s been released. Not surprised they released him, surprised they think he’ll clear waivers

This much attention here.   Nowhere else

Which makes me think the Colts fan base has (at least a little ) concern about the Colts QB depth .

Some of the Kelly fans ought to love this take: 

Colts waive Chad Kelly in unsurprising move

Kelly isn’t good enough to be a starter in this league, and his viability as a backup is questionable too because of his off the field issues. He can’t stay on the field because he makes bad decisions off of it. That’s part of the reason the Colts moved on from him.

When he did play in the preseason, Kelly wasn’t too bad. He showed some moments with his arm and his legs. But it wasn’t good enough to overcome the myriad of other issues. He doesn’t have elite arm strength, and his decision making was suspect at times as well.

Kelly might have played well enough in preseason to get onto a practice squad. His ceiling might even be a backup somewhere. But the fact that some people said he should be a starter is insane.

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2019/09/18/colts-waive-chad-kelly-unsurprising-move/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Cool. Take a victory lap while our team is stuck with Jacoby Brissett yet again. Pop the champagne for 8-8. 

IF Kelly makes it to the practice squad, they can call him up at a moments notice if JB sucks. 

24 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

You know, of course,  this is a classic Straw man argument.

Nobody is making this argument.

But you and East Street are the ones saying Kelly is the better prospect.   That he has the higher ceiling.    And now,  you conveniently drop that aspect of the argument and try to reduce it to just Jacoby.    You've completely changed the argument in a desperate attempt to save face and win an argument you've already lost by a landslide.

Punt.      

• Thanks 3

Yeah,   who knows how far a guy that knelt down once would take us

1 minute ago, Lennon1940 said:

Did you sleep through the Indianapolis Colts of 84-95 when mediocre was the hope?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HOF19 said:

Which makes me think the Colts fan base has (at least a little ) concern about the Colts QB depth .

Of coarse we do.   Our once in a generation qb retired at 29.  What fanbase wouldn't have concern.   But I feel better with Jacoby than a guy that's been arrested multiple times.   

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Kind of surprised, kind of not that he’s been released. Not surprised they released him, surprised they think he’ll clear waivers

The teams that needed QBs already filled their needs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They think Kelly will clear waives not because he's not wanted.    But because they've waited to the last minute.    Rosters for this week are mostly set.   Most teams won't want to make a move on a QB on a Thursday.      They might.    But the odds are better than if they had made their move public on Monday or Tuesday.

Smart,  strategic thinking.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

That was not my question...

what I was getting at was could he decline the waiver claim and sign to Colts PS, and continue to decline claims there too to show good faith in Colts for showing faith in him.

No, a claim on a player with less than 4 years service gives that team the players rights.

Players with >4 years service immediately become FA's.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

They think Kelly will clear waives not because he's not wanted.    But because they've waited to the last minute.    Rosters for this week are mostly set.   Most teams won't want to make a move on a QB on a Thursday.      They might.    But the odds are better than if they had made their move public on Monday or Tuesday.

Smart,  strategic thinking.

The QB needy teams can’t afford to take a risk this late in the weekly cycle

• Like 3