Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly decision today?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was told there was a 0% chance he would clear waivers.   

offensive post snipped...   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks man, I'm here working hard in my medioc

They were like he is the best QB since Joe Montana   Now they're like.   

Posted Images

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

It's going to be funny if we resign him tomorrow to the PS. Or perhaps not be funny if he gets picked up by someone.

If we put him on the PS I am fine with that. Don’t know why that is funny. If he makes it through waivers I think it’s smart to sign him to the PS.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

and they never get it wrong...

Can you think of a successfull qb drafted in the 7th round with multiple arrests?

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's going to be funny if we resign him tomorrow to the PS. Or perhaps not be funny if he gets picked up by someone.

Why would that be funny?  It's where he belongs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not sure what you mean about senior member.   But you're right,  some of these posts are ponderous.

Lol... Literally meant regular poster/veteran of the board.. senior as in you've been here for a hot minute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Can you think of a successfull qb drafted in the 7th round with multiple arrests?

 

Can you think of a successful QB whose passer rating was never higher than 50th in college?

 

Wilson - 1st (set the NCAA record)

Mayfield - 1st

Rivers - 1st

Mariotta - 1st

Winston - 1st

Newton - 2nd

Murray - 2nd

Rivers - 1st

Dalton - 5th

Big Ben - 2nd

Rodgers - 8th

Goff - 9th

Darnold - 9th

Trubisky - 11th

Watson - 12th 

Mahomes - 12th

Prescott - 14th

Carr - 15th

Stafford 15th

Eli - 17th

Brady - 17th

Brees - 18th

Cousins - 18th

Jackson - 25th

Ryan - 36th

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Brissett - 61st 

 

(Kelly was 13th fwiw)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lennon1940 said:

 

Can you think of a successful QB whose passer rating was never higher than 50th in college?

 

Wilson - 1st (set the NCAA record)

Mayfield - 1st

Rivers - 1st

Mariotta - 1st

Winston - 1st

Newton - 2nd

Murray - 2nd

Rivers - 1st

Dalton - 5th

Big Ben - 2nd

Rodgers - 8th

Goff - 9th

Darnold - 9th

Trubisky - 11th

Watson - 12th 

Mahomes - 12th

Prescott - 14th

Carr - 15th

Stafford 15th

Eli - 17th

Brady - 17th

Brees - 18th

Cousins - 18th

Jackson - 25th

Ryan - 36th

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Brissett - 61st 

I can name more that fit this category than 7th round picks with multiple arrests being successfull.   

 

I'll start.   Kurt Warner

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow this topic is headed almost to the same amount of pages that the original topic went to when it was announced on the Giants message board that Eli was benched......So I guess this is true >>>>>>>   Chad = Eli !!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lennon1940 said:

 

Kelly will probably say no thanks so he can go ready for the epic battles he's gonna have against Johnny Football in the XFL. 

Doubtful.   Ps in the NFL is better than starting in the XFL.

Just now, HOF19 said:

Wow this topic is headed almost to the same amount of pages that the original topic went to when it was announced on the Giants message board that Eli was benched......So I guess this is true >>>>>>>   Chad = Eli !!!!!!!

Except of course that's nonsense

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lennon1940 said:

 

The glee you get while facing a future of mediocrity is beyond me. But hey, keep thinking JB is going to suddenly be a great QB.

And you do the same thinking every team is clamoring for Chad.   Jacoby is better.   The coaches agree

Just now, HOF19 said:

Then why is it getting this much attention ????????????

This much attention here.   Nowhere else

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

Can you think of a successful QB whose passer rating was never higher than 50th in college?

 

Wilson - 1st (set the NCAA record)

Mayfield - 1st

Rivers - 1st

Mariotta - 1st

Winston - 1st

Newton - 2nd

Murray - 2nd

Rivers - 1st

Dalton - 5th

Big Ben - 2nd

Rodgers - 8th

Goff - 9th

Darnold - 9th

Trubisky - 11th

Watson - 12th 

Mahomes - 12th

Prescott - 14th

Carr - 15th

Stafford 15th

Eli - 17th

Brady - 17th

Brees - 18th

Cousins - 18th

Jackson - 25th

Ryan - 36th

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Brissett - 61st 

 

(Kelly was 13th fwiw)

 

I gotta give you and East Street a lot of credit.     You've been proven wrong,  and yet,  here you are, still trying to show you're the smartest guys in the room.     Even when it's obvious that you're not.    Good for you.

 

But one of the smartest, most respected front offices disagrees with you.

 

One of the smartest,  most respectd coaching staffs disagrees wtih you.

 

Sorry.    But the ship sailed on this.    The votes are in and tabulated.    You two lost and you lost HUGE!!

 

If figuring out who was going to be a good QB or a bad QB was as easy as you're trying to make it out to be,  then you'd be a General Manager right now.     And in case you haven't noticed........   

 

So,  you keep posting.    You keep telling all of us that you're right and Chris Ballard is wrong.   You keep telling us that you're right and Frank Reich is wrong.    You remind me of the Knight in the Monte Python movie...   you've got your arms and legs cut off,  and you keep asking for more!    Good luck with that....

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

I gotta give you and East Street a lot of credit.     You've been proven wrong,  and yet,  here you are, still trying to show you're the smartest guys in the room.     Even when it's obvious that you're not.    Good for you.

 

But one of the smartest, most respected front offices disagrees with you.

 

One of the smartest,  most respectd coaching staffs disagrees wtih you.

 

Sorry.    But the ship sailed on this.    The votes are in and tabulated.    You two lost and you lost HUGE!!

 

If figuring out who was going to be a good QB or a bad QB was as easy as you're trying to make it out to be,  then you'd be a General Manager right now.     And in case you haven't noticed........   

 

So,  you keep posting.    You keep telling all of us that you're right and Chris Ballard is wrong.   You keep telling us that you're right and Frank Reich is wrong.    You remind me of the Knight in the Monte Python movie...   you've got your arms and legs cut off,  and you keep asking for more!    Good luck with that....

 

 

Cool. Take a victory lap while our team is stuck with Jacoby Brissett yet again. Pop the champagne for 8-8. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the Kelly fans ought to love this take: 

 

Colts waive Chad Kelly in unsurprising move

 

Quote

 

Kelly isn’t good enough to be a starter in this league, and his viability as a backup is questionable too because of his off the field issues. He can’t stay on the field because he makes bad decisions off of it. That’s part of the reason the Colts moved on from him.

 

When he did play in the preseason, Kelly wasn’t too bad. He showed some moments with his arm and his legs. But it wasn’t good enough to overcome the myriad of other issues. He doesn’t have elite arm strength, and his decision making was suspect at times as well.

 

Kelly might have played well enough in preseason to get onto a practice squad. His ceiling might even be a backup somewhere. But the fact that some people said he should be a starter is insane.

 

 

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2019/09/18/colts-waive-chad-kelly-unsurprising-move/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lennon1940 said:

 

Cool. Take a victory lap while our team is stuck with Jacoby Brissett yet again. Pop the champagne for 8-8. 

IF Kelly makes it to the practice squad, they can call him up at a moments notice if JB sucks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

 

The glee you get while facing a future of mediocrity is beyond me. But hey, keep thinking JB is going to suddenly be a great QB.

 

You know, of course,  this is a classic Straw man argument.

 

Nobody is making this argument.


But you and East Street are the ones saying Kelly is the better prospect.   That he has the higher ceiling.    And now,  you conveniently drop that aspect of the argument and try to reduce it to just Jacoby.    You've completely changed the argument in a desperate attempt to save face and win an argument you've already lost by a landslide.

 

Punt.      

 

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOF19 said:

Which makes me think the Colts fan base has (at least a little ) concern about the Colts QB depth .

Of coarse we do.   Our once in a generation qb retired at 29.  What fanbase wouldn't have concern.   But I feel better with Jacoby than a guy that's been arrested multiple times.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Kind of surprised, kind of not that he’s been released. Not surprised they released him, surprised they think he’ll clear waivers

 

They think Kelly will clear waives not because he's not wanted.    But because they've waited to the last minute.    Rosters for this week are mostly set.   Most teams won't want to make a move on a QB on a Thursday.      They might.    But the odds are better than if they had made their move public on Monday or Tuesday.

 

Smart,  strategic thinking.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmac_48 said:

That was not my question...

what I was getting at was could he decline the waiver claim and sign to Colts PS, and continue to decline claims there too to show good faith in Colts for showing faith in him.

 

No, a claim on a player with less than 4 years service gives that team the players rights.

 

Players with >4 years service immediately become FA's.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

 

They think Kelly will clear waives not because he's not wanted.    But because they've waited to the last minute.    Rosters for this week are mostly set.   Most teams won't want to make a move on a QB on a Thursday.      They might.    But the odds are better than if they had made their move public on Monday or Tuesday.

 

Smart,  strategic thinking.

 

The QB needy teams can’t afford to take a risk this late in the weekly cycle

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • We don't have a qb,  so no we don't need a wr more than a qb
    • My pick for QB would be Michael Gallup. Oh wait, he's a WR. Yeah then I will still take Michael Gallup as we need receivers more than a QB right now.   Send Rock to Dallas for Gallup. 
    • Gus Johnson is a play by play guy.   Romo is color commentator.   They don't have the same job.    Both are very good at what they do,  but they do different things
    • I see many of the draft "experts" talk about what the Colts will do in the draft.   The draft process on the QB position, even with all the improved scouting techniques is a highly flawed .   If you look at history some interesting facts come out. Drafting a QB in the first round is a high risk endeavor    In the past 9 Years 20 QBs have been drafted in the first round.  I wanted to come up with some metrics to see the % that have worked out with the team that they drafted them   I am "measuring" the results with the simple question,   Would the NFL team make the same draft decision, at their position in that years draft, in hindsight - Its a YES/NO decision   For the ones that are still TBD (last few years) I counted these as YES. The selection of Goff as a "NO" is not that he is a horrible QB, but a simple question.... If you could do the pick again would you take Goff at number 1 overall.....  my guess is the Rams would have gone another way   2012 Draft Round 1 1st Andrew Luck - YES 2nd Robert Griffin - NO 8th Ryan Tannehil - NO 22nd Brandon Wheedon - NO   2013 Draft Round 1 16th EJ Manuel - NO   2014 Draft Round 1 3rd Pick Blake Bortles - NO 22nd Johnny Manziel - NO   2015 Draft Round 1 1st - Jameis Winston - NO 2nd Marcus Marriota  - NO   2016 Draft Round 1 1st Jared Goff - NO 2nd Carson Wentz - YES 22nd Paxton Lynch - NO   2017 Draft Round 1 2nd Mitch Trubiski - NO 10th Pat Mahomes - YES 12th Deshaun Watsun - YES   2018 Draft Round 1 1st Baker Mayfield - YES 3rd Sam Darnold - NO 7th Josh Allen - YES 10th Josh Rosen - NO 32nd Lamar Jackson - YES   With this data, drafting a QB in the first round is a 30% hit rate   The folks that want to give up 2 or 3 first round picks to move up to get Fields or Wilson may want to think deeper on this   From my perspective, and looking at the analytics it would appear that drafting the best BPA OL, DL , CB, or even WR,  available at 21 is the safest approach   And going with an extremely low risk/ low cost FA (Winston) or if the deal is decent, offering a trade to get Matthew Stafford. (Stafford route is my first choice), but I wouldnt want to  get fleeced in the trade.   If the right LT isnt there at 21, there are a few FA OTs that we could pick up       Let me know your thoughts...........      
  • Members

    • Blindside

      Blindside 23

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachLite

      CoachLite 400

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 2,360

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • drums1st

      drums1st 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RollerColt

      RollerColt 2,349

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ScotColt

      ScotColt 179

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ponyboy

      ponyboy 62

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Blueblood23

      Blueblood23 327

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • colts8718

      colts8718 125

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BSteph1

      BSteph1 37

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...