Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly decision today?

Just now, BrickHead said:

If Hoyer is on the field, it's pretty much already over. I don't think Hoyer can teach Brisset anything we would want him to learn.

Then you don't know much about NFL football.    They brought him in for a reason.   Kelly might be able to teach him how to score molly and cause a riot.   If that were valuable to a starting NFL qb,  I'm sure they would have kept him

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was told there was a 0% chance he would clear waivers.   

offensive post snipped...   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks man, I'm here working hard in my medioc

They were like he is the best QB since Joe Montana   Now they're like.   

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'll trust CB and FR over the Kelly fan club.   They couldn't even get a 7th for him

Your a senior member so I don't have to tell you. Gotta pick your battles here. I'm getting better at that.

You're called nuts here for supporting the starting QB and not supporting the guy who's had drama up the wazoo.

Bizaro land here sometimes.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Archie Manning had a terrible W/L % too

You can’t win games with inferior pieces around you

A lot of people at NFL Network now support ( Of course they do this now !)  Eli Manning getting into the Hall of Fame and he has a lifetime .500 record .

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Then you don't know much about NFL football.    They brought him in for a reason.   Kelly might be able to teach him how to score molly and cause a riot.   If that were valuable to a starting NFL qb,  I'm sure they would have kept him

Mrs. Hoyer I presume?

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Your a senior member so I don't have to tell you. Gotta pick your battles here. I'm getting better at that.

You're called nuts here for supporting the starting QB and not supporting the guy who's had drama up the wazoo.

Bizaro land here sometimes.

Not sure what you mean about senior member.   But you're right,  some of these posts are ponderous 

Just now, BrickHead said:

Mrs. Hoyer I presume?

Yeah,   I'm Mrs Hoyer.    Are you Mr Kelly?

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Jacoby is the starter.   Andrew caused that.   Kelly was never going to be the starter.   Hoyer has more value than Chad Kelly.   

point is, we need both a mentor and quality back up. hoyer fits one of those requirements.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

or they don't want to carry 3 QBs. or they value a mentor over talent. or..... 

His one play of kneeling down.   I'm sure the coaching staff watched extensive video of that before deciding he wasn't worth the roster spot

8 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Why do people act like Kelly is some stud at backup QB? The guy hasn’t taken one snap during the regular season.

Must not have watched any preseason games. Dude can run an offense. I don’t care if it was against 3rd or 4th stringers, it ran a hell of a lot more fluidly than Brissett would have done against those same defenses.

Meanwhile we sit here in the abyss of mediocre QB hell. Brissett will never suck enough to lose his job but will never be good enough to win a playoff game.

Kelly will get his chance eventually and he’s going to ball out because that’s what he does everywhere he’s ever been on the field. When that happens we’ll probably still be sitting here trying to convince ourselves that we’re fine with JB throwing 175 yards a game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
55 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The colts got no offers for Kelly.   Same scenario.   Except Hoyer has starting experience and doesn't try to start fights at high school games,  doesn't get drunk and get kicked out of a teammate's party only to wonder into a stranger's house.     

Wait. You mean Hoyer is a.... professional? 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

Must not have watched any preseason games. Dude can run an offense. I don’t care if it was against 3rd or 4th stringers, it ran a hell of a lot more fluidly than Brissett would have done against those same defenses.

Meanwhile we sit here in the abyss of mediocre QB hell. Brissett will never suck enough to lose his job but will never be good enough to win a playoff game.

Kelly will get his chance eventually and he’s going to ball out because that’s what he does everywhere he’s ever been on the field. When that happens we’ll probably still be sitting here trying to convince ourselves that we’re fine with JB throwing 175 yards a game.

triggered GIF

• Haha 3
Just now, Lennon1940 said:

You know who else balled out.   Johnny Football.    Kelly is an entitled punk and has been since high school.   There is zero info that he is willing to do the work do be an NFL qb.   If you want to look foolish and call Chris Ballard's skills in evaluating talent,   be my guest.   But zero teams were willing to trade for him.   That tells the story

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

His one play of kneeling down.   I'm sure the coaching staff watched extensive video of that before deciding he wasn't worth the roster spot

he won the back up job in Denver before being a knucklehead and getting booted. he played as good this year, as JB did last year in the preseason. 

if you're happy with Hoyer should JB go down, great. 

you're entitled to your opinion about our QB depth, and i'm entitled to mine. 

• Like 1
Just now, EastStreet said:

he won the back up job in Denver before being a knucklehead and getting booted. he played as good this year, as JB did last year in the preseason. 

Fair enough.   The professionals agree with me

4 minutes ago, Lennon1940 said:

I'm not sure if CK will ever be good..

What I am sure of, is you can't be critical of the front office or JB via opinion or stats without the sunshine pumpers freaking out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

triggered GIF

• Haha 2
Just now, EastStreet said:

I'm not sure if CK will ever be good..

What I am sure of, is you can't be critical of the front office or JB via opinion or stats without the sunshine pumpers freaking out.

How many practices did you attend?  How many meetings?  The guys that cut him know the man.    They have far more info than we do.   They cut him.  The end

• Like 2
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Fair enough.   The professionals agree with me

again, back to the coaches are always right... 

i hope it works out. if we get stuck in mediocrity the forum will be a slow burn. if JB goes down, it will be a fast burn.

Just now, HOF19 said:

(This is just me ) But I can not put this team in the category of "playoff team " quite yet .

Playoff possible is what I said.  They can win this division.  They should be 2.0.  They aren’t in the Dolphins, Giants or Broncos category right now.

• Like 1