Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Future with JB as QB

MikeCurtis

9 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

they just lost to the damn Lions they are nowhere near what people thought they would be.

The Lions beat the Patriots last year.  Any given Sunday...  Plus maybe Matt Patricia (former Pats D Coordinator) just knows how to neutralize Rivers?

As long as we win that is all that matters. We won yesterday beating a decent divisional opponent on the road. We should be 2-0 had Adam made his kicks against the Chargers. After another draft, we should have a great defense next year which will help carry this team even more. Do not expect the Colts to throw for a lot of yards as the team is built to run behind that great O.line. If Brissett can throw for around 220 a game I will be happy if he doesn't turn it over. Yesterday we had 167 yards rushing so he didn't need to throw for a lot of yards. His 146 yards passing isn't as bad as it looks either, he would've had another 40 or so that we gained on that interference call, he also had 3 crucial runs for 1st downs as well. His 3 TD's to only 1 INT I will take all day. For now I am behind Brissett, he isn't as good as Luck, he isn't great, but to me he does look good so far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

No they don't.   Any one will tell you the closer you are to the endzone makes it harder to throw a td.  That's common knowledge

I doubt any knowledgeable person would say that. It's counter-intuitive for starters...and the stats don't back it up.

The average distance for TD passes has decreased steadily over the years as teams have favored short passing games and rules have changed.

Just going back to when Luck entered the league...nearly 1/3 of TD passes came from within 5 yards...and nearly 1/2 come from within 10 yards. 

Now think about all of the yard line scenarios where a team could get a TD pass...and then realize that 30-50% are coming from within a much smaller percentage of those. 

Now sure...it's probably more difficult to convert a 3rd and goal from the 4...than a 3rd and 4 from the 50 yard line..but it is definitely NOT harder to throw an actual TD pass the closer you get.

7 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

There is no future with JB.

Got it..... you dont like JB

I have no idea if he is good enough to make a difference in the NFL with a better team

We will ALL see over the next 6-8 weeks

I am open minded to seeing what he has...........

(Its not like I have a personal choice who the Colts start or dont start anyway)

I HOPE he does well

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think once JB develops game time chemistry with his WR he will be very good. That isn’t going to happen over night. You can practice but having game time experience is wear it is at. That will help with him getting the ball out quicker. 

the blitz pickups compared from gm1 vs gm2 are drastically different. They got after him. There was an article that said Luck was good with blitz pick up having a photographic memory he would also take keys from Kelly since Kelly is making the line adjustment calls.

i agree with you he needs time and reps not just practice reps. Tolzien took tons of practice reps and looked like a rag doll out there running around last night. If the run game is consistent we should expect to see a lot of growth from JB throughout the season. With our spoiled fan base not sure the forum will allow that to happen since many are calling for Chad already to be the starter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, waka waka said:

the blitz pickups compared from gm1 vs gm2 are drastically different. They got after him. There was an article that said Luck was good with blitz pick up having a photographic memory he would also take keys from Kelly since Kelly is making the line adjustment calls.

i agree with you he needs time and reps not just practice reps. Tolzien took tons of practice reps and looked like a rag doll out there running around last night. If the run game is consistent we should expect to see a lot of growth from JB throughout the season. With our spoiled fan base not sure the forum will allow that to happen since many are calling for Chad already to be the starter.

It should only make him better seeing all those different looks that TN threw at him. Titans did it to mayfield the week before. Both mayfield and JB are both really in their second year of starting.

45 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It should only make him better seeing all those different looks that TN threw at him. Titans did it to mayfield the week before. Both mayfield and JB are both really in their second year of starting.

yeah Jets threw some good looks at Baker as well if there offense could do anything it would have been a different game. you can see he is very aggressive and not very patient from a QB standpoint. JB seems to be the opposite we'd like him to be more aggressive in situations but i can understand not wanting to throw the game away when the def was balling.