Indianapolis Colts
Smonroe

Desir - Any word?

He's arguably our best CB.  We have some depth, but I'd hate to lose him.  Especially with Julio and company coming to town.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Bring in Minkah :D

We have plenty of draft picks.  And you can’t have too many good CBs.   

• Like 1

It didn't seem too bad he walked off on his own they probably told him to rest up instead of trying to play it out

• Like 1

Depending how bad it is my guess we will call Collins up from the Ps. This also probably leaves them unable to keep CK on the 53.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Depending how bad it is my guess we will call Collins up from the Ps. This also probably leaves them unable to keep CK on the 53.

Milligan stays ?

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

Milligan stays ?

I don’t think so. Could be wrong though.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We shall find out in 21 hours

14 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

Minkah for a 2nd........

Two problems with this.  He is a safety not a corner.  Miami is saying at least a first for him.  He was the #11 pick last year.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Kelly is cut tomorrow,  this place will melt down.   Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Meh, we survived the Luck quitting thing, the McDaniels thing, I think we’ll survive if the third string QB is cut. 

That said, I hope they find a way to keep him

If Desir can’t go next week rock is going to have the task of covering Julio. Hopefully the rookie can handle it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

Two problems with this.  He is a safety not a corner.  Miami is saying at least a first for him.  He was the #11 pick last year.

In our defense, he could play outside CB.  

No one has yet offered a 1.......  

Somewhere I read that Miami might take a 2nd

Prolly not gonna happen......

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I hope they dont cut him, to me, you have 3 QBs this year

With Desir getting injured, if the the Colts come calling Miami may raise the ante.

3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

In our defense, he could play outside CB.  

No one has yet offered a 1.......  

Somewhere I read that Miami might take a 2nd

Prolly not gonna happen......

I hope they dont cut him, to me, you have 3 QBs this year

You really have no choice unless sheard comes back next week. 

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Meh, we survived the Luck quitting thing, the McDaniels thing, I think we’ll survive if the third string QB is cut. 

That said, I hope they find a way to keep him

The 3rd string QB should be the 1st team QB

11 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

He is a corner not a safety.  That is one of the reasons he has asked to be traded.  He feels he is not being used at his best position.  

3 minutes ago, JMichael557 said:

The 3rd string QB should be the 1st team QB

I'll take the coaches opinion

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He is a corner not a safety.  That is one of the reasons he has asked to be traded.  He feels he is not being used at his best position.  

He wants to be a slot corner. We already have a star there. Until this QB situation is figured out ballard isn’t giving away picks.

32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

They could easily keep him on the 53.  Just rotate other guys on the PS.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He wants to be a slot corner. We already have a star there. Until this QB situation is figured out ballard isn’t giving away picks.

He would play outside CB for us.  Not a big deal and he would make more money there eventually.  Never said Ballard would do it but he should.  He and Rock would be our lockdown CB's. for the future.  I hope we have our QB on the roster.  Trading up is a crapshoot and guarantees us nothing.  

35 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

He's a better CB than he is a safety.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

At best, IMO, they put CK on the PS. Maybe not even that.

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well if you do that you take a chance of losing them. Milligan will probably go back to the PS and Collins will be called up. There really is no one else to send to the practice squad.

37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If Desir can’t go next week rock is going to have the task of covering Julio. Hopefully the rookie can handle it.

Not necessarily it will probably be wilson covering jones expect alot of safety help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Good thing Q stepped up.

I have heard that bone bruise crap before then the next morning you hear torn ACL.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

He's a better CB than he is a safety.

He plays both.

1 minute ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Not necessarily it will probably be wilson covering jones expect alot of safety help

Speaking of safety help Willis is really seeing a lot of playing time.  I will be interested in the snap counts.  He might take over the SS spot sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well if you do that you take a chance of losing them. Milligan will probably go back to the PS and Collins will be called up. There really is no one else to send to the practice squad.

Why not Williams?  Don't need 4 active RB's. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Speaking of safety help Willis is really seeing a lot of playing time.  I will be interested in the snap counts.  He might take over the SS spot sooner rather than later.

Yeah he's looking good so far but this will be geathers last season as a colt he's just not what we thought he would be

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nonsense...Desir would be inactive instead of Tell. No changes needed so Kelly to the 53.

10 minutes ago, C0LT5 said:

Nonsense...Desir would be inactive instead of Tell. No changes needed so Kelly to the 53.

You really going to trust tell against the falcons.  He is still way to green. Only reason he didn’t go to the PS is they were afraid of losing him.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

You really going to trust tell against the falcons.  He is still way to green. Only reason he didn’t go to the PS is they were afraid of losing him.

Much more than Collins. Collins has lost his confidence plus they would play just a few snaps anyway.

2 hours ago, Farns01 said:

He's a slot corner

2 hours ago, C0LT5 said:

I agree.  Kelly needs to go on the 53.  With injuries to Big Ben and Brees today and Wentz being out a bit tonight because of an injury it would be smart to hold on to him.  Even if he makes it to the PS, which I doubt, he could still be signed off of it.  I think he is a valuable commodity whose value could be increasing each week.  

• Like 1

lol Desir wasn’t going to stop julio anyway...will be a tough regardless