Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck - no explanation

Ashlon Jeffery/stephen hill/kendall wright- explosive WR still need help even with Reggie

Chase minnifield - need a corner and a dynamic returner

Josh chapman - we also need a NT

Cliff Harris -troubled but talented corner

Chris Owusu - might as well for some fimiliararity

Comments?

1-Luck

2-Poe- if gone get Jeffery

3-Kirkpatrick

4-Ta'amu

5-Hill

6-Center but dont no who good by that round

7-Safety, again unfamiliar

Both of these picks are unrealistic at this point. Poe has shot up everyone's board and is likely a top 20 pick and Kirkpatrick is still a 1st round pick likely in the top 20 as well.

lot of folks have Ta'amu in the fourth and Poe was slated for at least second round before the combine, Hill I think also was slated 3-4 rounder if I remember what Mayock said

yea before the combine and that doesn't explain your Kirkpatrick pick he's always been a 1st rounder

lot of folks have Ta'amu in the fourth and Poe was slated for at least second round before the combine, Hill I think also was slated 3-4 rounder if I remember what Mayock said

Pre-combine ranking no longer have much value. Otherwise, why even have the combine? Poe won't slide into the second barring an unforseen incedent.

St Louis is only one in desperate need of a DT at this point early I think, not sure if Bunkley has signed with anyone yet. St Louis also needs a wide receiver, Blackmon is the obvious 1st round pick their, Poe to the Texans but if he slips past them, * him up, and Ill give ya Im of off on Kirkpatrick, KC needs another corner, (taking) that into account now

St Louis is only one in desperate need of a DT at this point early I think, not sure if Bunkley has signed with anyone yet. St Louis also needs a wide receiver, Blackmon is the obvious 1st round pick their, Poe to the Texans but if he slips past them, * him up, and Ill give ya Im of off on Kirkpatrick, KC needs another corner, (taking) that into account now

The fact that the Colts are switching to a 3-4 / 4-3 hybrid D means We Need a NT

Luck - no explanation

Ashlon Jeffery/stephen hill/kendall wright- explosive WR still need help even with Reggie

Chase minnifield - need a corner and a dynamic returner

Josh chapman - we also need a NT

Cliff Harris -troubled but talented corner

Chris Owusu - might as well for some fimiliararity

Comments?

1st Luck QB

2nd Fleener TE or Sanu or Jeffrey or Hill or Wright

3rd Minnfield CB

4th Chapman DT

5th Allen SS

6th Molk C

7th Owusu WR

Poe will be gone !.. I like Alfred44's mock .. I would however change Owusu... injuries and has had more than one concusions... Flenner if available definitely in the second... If we can get Freeney traded and get a anotheer second for him I would add Robert Massie ... killer RG/RT from Ole Miss ... shut down the sec pass rushers the last 3 years... that is saying alot.. he is also good for run blocking.. if Fleener isn't there I say get him.. there are NT in the later rounds as Alfred44 has shown and I like Chapman better than Ta Amu. Hill and Sanu doubt they will be there in the 2nd, but the FA may help in that

all im saying in my draft we have a great WR core for Luck

2 new potential starting corners including one that was supposed to be a first rounder

a NT that played at Bama

i personally think that our O-line is almost where it needs to be

you can change osuwu with any 6th rounder you want

wouldnt you rather have jeffery or hill or wright or even fleener

I don't think Jeffery will be available. If they are around in the second... maybe...I'm just not big on Hill or Wright, not over Sanu at least. Wouldn't take Fleener at #34. We've got bigger issues than TE in round 2. We can get Ladarius Green in the 4th who offers pretty much the same skill set as Fleener.

The fact that the Colts are switching to a 3-4 / 4-3 hybrid D means We Need a NT

I wouldnt go for a NT early in the draft, Id rather get Chapman in the fourth and sign an experienced free agent for cheap and develop chapman and next year get a NT early

I don't think Jeffery will be available. If they are around in the second... maybe...I'm just not big on Hill or Wright, not over Sanu at least. Wouldn't take Fleener at #34. We've got bigger issues than TE in round 2. We can get Ladarius Green in the 4th who offers pretty much the same skill set as Fleener.

jeffery will be there with his character problems

have you SEEN hill :mindblow:

wright is amazing and is a KR

That's because we got 2 of them last year with picks 1 and 2, we just traded the eagles for Winston Justice, and might also add Evan Mathis.

But we dont have Evan Mathis........ (bird in the hand , is better than 2 in the bush)

If we start this year with our current OL, Luck will end up getting hammered.......

We are tremendously weak up the middle.

We have no proven "pile" movers on the roster

If we can sign some FA help at C and G...... It frees us up

As i said on another thread... The sexy pick isnt always the right one

But we dont have Evan Mathis........ (bird in the hand , is better than 2 in the bush)

If we start this year with our current OL, Luck will end up getting hammered.......

We are tremendously weak up the middle.

We have no proven "pile" movers on the roster

If we can sign some FA help at C and G...... It frees us up

As i said on another thread... The sexy pick isnt always the right one

I'm hoping for Konz or Mike Adams if we go o-line in the second. Although, Konz is unlikely to drop and Adams doesn't make as much sense with the Justice trade(not saying it doesn't make any sense just not as much).

So I guess I'd rather go with the bpa in the second and address interior o-line in the third.

I wouldnt go for a NT early in the draft, Id rather get Chapman in the fourth and sign an experienced free agent for cheap and develop chapman and next year get a NT early

but the FO might not want to spend every dime that's available this year. Chapman would probably do very well. I also thought about picking up a NT late in the draft and signing a FA @ NT and I'd still like to see that happen, but at this point, I'm doubting it. nfldraftscout has him going around the bottom of the 2nd maybe top of the 3rd, but after his pro day he has probably fallen a little more. I could see us picking him up in the 4th, like you said.

I'm hoping for Konz or Mike Adams if we go o-line in the second. Although, Konz is unlikely to drop and Adams doesn't make as much sense with the Justice trade(not saying it doesn't make any sense just not as much).

So I guess I'd rather go with the bpa in the second and address interior o-line in the third.

Wouldnt it be great if a true massive run blocking OG fell to us?

I think we may get into some trading to get a G that would make a difference

I see Freeney getting traded, and some picks coming our way.

Wouldnt it be great if a true massive run blocking OG fell to us?

I think we may get into some trading to get a G that would make a difference

I see Freeney getting traded, and some picks coming our way.

I would be awestruck if Glenn was there at 34 and even more if we had the chance to re-uinite Luck and DeCastro...there are some halfway decent/experienced guards out there in FA like Gallery and Steinbach who I haven't heard of any teams talking to them

I don't see us going any higher than ATL's 2nd rounder for Freeney but even that is still very wishful thinking

There are some massive Guards that have late first round early second round grades, that i would be very happy with.

In my way of thinking... You have a QB that has every talent in the world........ You need to protect that asset while he is learning.

I dont want to see a David Carr happen here.....

1. Andrew Luck QB - No comment

2. Kendall Wright WR - Fast explosive WR like Wayne

3. Jarnel Fleming CB - One of the most over looked gems in the draft

4. David Molk C - Big strong linemen future of this team

5. John Champman DT - The star of his team got hurt senior year make great addition to line

6. Brandon Taylor S - Good cover back fast hard hitter

7. Owusu WR - Great hands great speed but Injury the reason he is 7th round

Depth Chart

QB Luck-Vittatoe

HB Brown-Carter-Evans

FB Eldridge

WR Wayne-Owusu

WR Collie-White

WR Wright-Cosby

TE Tamme-Eldrige-Gronkouski

LT Costanzo-Temper

LG Reitz-Olsen

C Molk-Kirkpatrick

RG Ijalana-Richard

RT Winston-Linkenbach

DT Redding-Brayton

NT Moala-Champman-Johnson

DT Nevis-Foster-Mathew

OLB Mathis-Hughes

MLB Angerer-Wheeler

MLB Conner-Edds

OLB Freeney-Hickmen

CB Powers-Thomas

CB Rucker-Lacey

CB Fleming-Johnson

FS Bethea-Lefeged-Newton

SS Zbikowski-Caldwell-Taylor

K Vinatieri-McAfee

P McAfee

LS Snow

H McAfee

53 Man Roster

I'm right there with you, Sanu is third behind Blackmon and Floyd for me at WR...then Wright, then Hill

Its kinda weird. People on this website love Sanu. Almost any where else, he is a fringe late 2nd round or 3rd round pick. Most scouting reports I've read say he will be a reliable possesion reciever but doesn't have the speed, doesn't run the route and doesn't get the separation to become a #1 WR. Who knows. Same as Minnifield in that regard.

Its kinda weird. People on this website love Sanu. Almost any where else, he is a fringe late 2nd round or 3rd round pick. Most scouting reports I've read say he will be a reliable possesion reciever but doesn't have the speed, doesn't run the route and doesn't get the separation to become a #1 WR. Who knows. Same as Minnifield in that regard.

I'll take a slower guy with good to great hands over a "home run-hitter" that has lapses in concentration or bricks for hands any day. I'm not saying Hill or Wright have bricks for hands because they clearly don't but let me explain why I like Sanu.

Rutger's offense revolved around him while he was there (Look at the other receivers in the first couple rounds this year...only Blackmon, and arguably Kendall Wright and Floyd were similarly the focus of their respective team's offense. I know it's largely because of where he plays, but my point is that he was able to showcase himself and gather some game-time experience with the ball in his hands...take that for what you will.)-- He showed some pretty nice versatility in running the wild-cat in his freshman and sophomore seasons as well as catching 100+ balls in his normal role at WR last season. Even when he doesn't get the ball he has shown that he is a willing (and sometimes punishing) blocker. He can power through tackles (at the college level) and has some good moves to shake guys as well.

If you may have watched Rutgers last year you would have seen that he is not the best route runner but I wouldn't say he couldn't make the cuts and you will also see that he is very capable of getting the best position for jump balls and uses his size to out maneuver DB's.

Also, his nickname at Rutgers is "The Savage"