Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 2 impressions: Brissett

GoColts8818

I thought. JB looked average today as well. He could barely find anyone open for the entire 2nd half and im not sure if Tenn had it on lock like that. And i still think he needs work in the pocket. But im glad he got a W attached to his name at the end of it all while learning and getting better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Has the thought occurred to anyone, that Brissett is not a good fit in F. Reich’s offense? Now I’ll be clear, that I believe JB has done an adequate job thus far. The Colts should be 2-0 and I’m not expecting JB to duplicate Luck like stats. Also, my expectations are lower without Luck at QB. 

Thoughts?

Yep...I have said this since Reich got here and we knew what his offense would look like.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I thought. JB looked average today as well. He could barely find anyone open for the entire 2nd half and im not sure if Tenn had it on lock like that. And i still think he needs work in the pocket. But im glad he got a W attached to his name at the end of it all while learning and getting better.

Looked like Luck in the KC game. Reich should of used Campbell more to open that up.

In 2017 Jacoby always seemed like he was mr. 3 quarters, it just seemed like we were just finding ways to lose even if we were up big in the 4th. But last week and today he’s been on quite a run leading the comebacks im really impressed with him so far, he’s no Andrew luck or Peyton Manning but he’s playing good football.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Has the thought occurred to anyone, that Brissett is not a good fit in F. Reich’s offense? Now I’ll be clear, that I believe JB has done an adequate job thus far. The Colts should be 2-0 and I’m not expecting JB to duplicate Luck like stats. Also, my expectations are lower without Luck at QB. 

Thoughts?

I would agree to a point. But 5-1 TD/INT ratio thru Two games isn’t as bad as I expected at first. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I would agree to a point. But 5-1 TD/INT ratio thru Two games isn’t as bad as I expected at first. 

He's been decent, he can be better especially when campbell gets more involved. The way we playing now that chiefs game will be a massacre. Got to open the offense up and find a kicker.

• Like 2

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I think as the season goes on Reich will get the offense going more. It’s going to take time to find out Brissett strengths. We need to use the slot more and more Campbell with quick passes.

with all the hype from campbell early on it is disappointing that he is so under used.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He's been decent, he can be better especially when campbell gets more involved. The way we playing now that chiefs game will be a massacre. Got to open the offense up and find a kicker.

Very true. I’m not saying he doesn’t have things to work on, but it’s not been exactly Curtis Painter either 

30 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Thoughts?

My thought.  If F. Reich thought he was not a good fit in his offense he would go to Ballard and tell him so.  His job is on the line just like his players so it behoves him to have players that he has confidence in.  Especially at QB.  I think Frank's very confident in having Jacoby run his offense. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

My thought.  If F. Reich thought he was not a good fit in his offense he would go to Ballard and tell him so.  His job is on the line just like his players so it behoves him to have players that he has confidence in.  Especially at QB.  I think Frank's very confident in having Jacoby run his offense. 

seems like frank likes to wait to open up offense til about 6 or 7 games into the season

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

OMG no he isn't less than average.  Anyone who can play well enough to win against 2 of the better defenses in the NFL, even with the inconsistency, even with the issues, is not "average."

And that isn't even counting the fact that Brissett led the team back from a deficit twice in two games against very strong opponents despite very limited NFL starting experience and a roster that while very talented, really wasn't built for him.  Believe me, an average or below average quarterback does not manage that.

For an example of an average quarterback, have a look at Ryan Fitzpatrick.  He's about as average as it gets.  Brissett is WAY better than fitzpatrick.

Led a comeback? He threw for 8 yards on that drive. If not for Wilkins big run...they likely put up a goose egg in the 2nd half. 

After going up 13-7, the offense was not good.

I am just glad they got the win. 

Lol all I know is we are going to frustrate the hell out of opposing coaches this year. They may shut down JB and think they have us beat but our defense and running game will squeak games out just like this one. I'm trying not to get to riled up one way or the other because as of now this is our formula. Frustrating to everyone else but still gets you a sniff of the playoffs and possibly a 9-7 record.  Ballard is a genius. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think as the season goes on Reich will get the offense going more. It’s going to take time to find out Brissett strengths. We need to use the slot more and more Campbell with quick passes.

I don’t think the offense will open up.  He hasn’t shown an ability to read a defense.  The Colts are averaging  180 yds rushing per game.  That will keep the team in games.  Brissett is at 6 yds/attempt.  That us woeful.

He hits the first read or locks on Hilton.  I know some of you guys want to be “positive” or whatever, but it appears that this guy isn’t good enough. 

One read guys can’t be the QBs of contending teams.  He’s slow.  

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Dude the QB quit a week before the season started and the other guy is suspended.  

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich has been praising JB since he became the coach. I don’t think after a slugfest against a division foe you can say he doesn’t fit. 

I have no idea how anyone can nitpick or complain about Brissett or this team after that excellent win. The people that do must lead a sad life. We should've won last week too in reality, some people are never happy. Brissett got the win and that is all that matters. You post a lot so tell the haters and trolls to shove it haha , JMO.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don’t think the offense will open up.  He hasn’t shown an ability to read a defense.  The Colts are averaging  180 yds rushing per game.  That will keep the team in games.  Brissett is at 6 yds/attempt.  That us woeful.

He hits the first read or locks on Hilton.  I know some of you guys want to be “positive” or whatever, but it appears that this guy isn’t good enough. 

One read guys can’t be the QBs of contending teams.  He’s slow.  

We should probably just forfeit the season honestly. Maybe next year as well just to make sure we get that franchise QB who will surely get us that Super Bowl trophy like the last guy we drafted at #1...oh wait...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

F. Reich never envisioned Brissett being the starting QB, until it became a reality with Luck’s retirement. Two weeks out, it’s kinda hard to have a plan B. So, naturally Reich is going to say JB’s our guy regardless how he really feels. 

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Dude the QB quit a week before the season started and the other guy is suspended.  

Please, he's been on the team for THREE years.  You don't think he would have asked Ballard to find him a QB who could run his offense by now.  The other guy can probably run the offense too and so can Hoyer for that matter.

4 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Brissett is a "game manager" type QB. He's not the long term answer by any stretch. You can win some games with this type QB, but unlikely a Super Bowl. Hope he makes me eat my words, but usually my gut instincts are spot on.

You may be right but Foles is also a game manager and so was Dilfer so it happens. I agree though it is rare. I believe Ballard with another draft may build a defense that is great, it is good right now, that is a start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Brissett is a "game manager" type QB. He's not the long term answer by any stretch. You can win some games with this type QB, but unlikely a Super Bowl. Hope he makes me eat my words, but usually my gut instincts are spot on.

I have to agree as well. Your thoughts are shared by more than you think. We were superbowl bound.  We were locked and loaded for a long play off run. Most Colts fans, myself and probably you included have a very high bar for the QB position. Going from that to average at best and having a slightly better 2017 is not going to cut it. At best I have them going 9-7 only because I think our defense and running is that good. 

Jacoby looked about like he always has in this game, and yes i'm glad they won.  the interception was a great play by the defender but should not have been thrown 

would still like to see more passing yards, it worked this week because the Titans did even less

16 minutes ago, MPStack said:

F. Reich never envisioned Brissett being the starting QB, until it became a reality with Luck’s retirement. Two weeks out, it’s kinda hard to have a plan B. So, naturally Reich is going to say JB’s our guy regardless how he really feels. 

They wouldn't have extended him if they didn't believe he could get the job done.   They could have let him play this year for 2 million

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Yes he underthrew a fade that somehow got through.  And last week he also “threw a TD to TY.”

Why are you even complaining? Mariota is supposedly better going by how many talk and they had us on their home turf and we still won. Mariota made several terrible throws. We won so enjoy the win is my take.

• Like 1