Colts @ Titans Game Day Thread

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I guess the Debbie Downers, won’t be back today. Ugly game, but Colts win!

that was very stressful

Hi, Colts fans!     Our Indianapolis Colts are south down Interstate 65 in Nashville  to play the Tennessee Titans in the first AFC South divisional matchup in 2019, and both teams 50th all-time meeti

1 minute ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

This is the point I was making in the thread about riding the Brissett train... never really felt like he was ready to be front and center, this was forced on him prematurely.  Looks like he is regressing back to holding onto the ball way too long; nerves getting to him. 

I don't think he's bad but I don't think he's great.  I feel like he has a tough time scanning and reading.  He's big, strong and is tough to break down and does have a cannon arm but I'm not nor ever have been wowed by him.  Some people seem to think he's really really good.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

This is the point I was making in the thread about riding the Brissett train... never really felt like he was ready to be front and center, this was forced on him prematurely.  Looks like he is regressing back to holding onto the ball way too long; nerves getting to him. 

Looked fine first half ... Must suck to collapse to the nerves of Luck's decision six quarters after it happened ...

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Going by the rule no I wouldn't. The rule is clear on this play as Tom Brady set it back in 2001. 

RepealEdit

In March 2013, the NFL competition committee proposed that league owners eliminate the tuck rule.[7] The owners abolished the rule with a 29-1 vote at the 2013 annual meeting in Phoenix on March 20, 2013.[8] The only team to vote against the elimination of the tuck rule was the Pittsburgh Steelers, while the New England Patriots and Washington Redskins abstained from the vote. Afterwards, referring obliquely to the 2002 Tuck Rule Game, Patriots owner Robert Kraft said, "I love the tuck rule, and forever will, and I know [longtime Raiders owner] Al Davis, may he rest in peace, is probably smiling."[9]

The current rule reads:

Passer Tucks Ball. If the player loses possession of the ball during an attempt to bring it back toward his body, or if the player loses possession after he has tucked the ball into his body, it is a fumble.[10]

It was a fumble 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I don't think he's bad but I don't think he's great.  I feel like he has a tough time scanning and reading.  He's big, strong and is tough to break down and does have a cannon arm but I'm not nor ever have been wowed by him.  Some people seem to think he's really really good.  

I think he is what I have always thought that he was.......a serviceable backup.  I would love for him to wow me and prove me wrong.  I just don't see it happening.

3 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

RepealEdit

In March 2013, the NFL competition committee proposed that league owners eliminate the tuck rule.[7] The owners abolished the rule with a 29-1 vote at the 2013 annual meeting in Phoenix on March 20, 2013.[8] The only team to vote against the elimination of the tuck rule was the Pittsburgh Steelers, while the New England Patriots and Washington Redskins abstained from the vote. Afterwards, referring obliquely to the 2002 Tuck Rule Game, Patriots owner Robert Kraft said, "I love the tuck rule, and forever will, and I know [longtime Raiders owner] Al Davis, may he rest in peace, is probably smiling."[9]

The current rule reads:

Passer Tucks Ball. If the player loses possession of the ball during an attempt to bring it back toward his body, or if the player loses possession after he has tucked the ball into his body, it is a fumble.[10]

It was a fumble 

To be fair he didn’t tuck it into his body based on what you bolded