Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Turay ruled out for week 2

CR91

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Equals Banagu playing and that creates a easy point of attack.
trouble trouble.

Maybe not. Lewis will probably be playing this game. He played end last season and could play there tomorrow. Houston also rotated n both sides last week. Autry needs to step up this week. They do have a backup left tackle and right guard.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We see actually very healthy. I just hope Turay isn’t made of glass. He was on the injury report multiple times last season with a neck. If it becomes a issue he is going to have his entire career he becomes a liability.

Yeah, he's another guy with a pretty extensive injury history. A couple shoulder surgeries, and has dealt with hip, knee, and neck issues since getting into the league.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

That really sucks. He had. Big impact last week and would have tormented Mariota. Really need Banogu and Mohammed to step up. 

Honestly this should be a game where Denico Autry has a big game. Their interior OL is not good. 

Yep about Autry. I also think our blitz’s might be more effective then the DE rush.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

We see actually very healthy. I just hope Turay isn’t made of glass. He was on the injury report multiple times last season with a neck. If it becomes a issue he is going to have his entire career he becomes a liability.

I mean we always seem to lose (IMO)key players early in the season...Turay for who knows how long, Funchess last week, Fountain during preseason....don’t want to say anymore and run the risk of jinxing things.

9 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

I actually dont think this is a bad thing. Turay is soft against the run, and we might need more size up front to combat their running game anyways. Mariota is dangerous if you arent disciplined in your pass rush, and Turay isn't as good in that type of game.

I think you might be on to something. I’m a big Turay fan and injuries are a concern with him. For that reason I’d like to see him play but containing the run certainly hasn’t been his game. 

13 hours ago, krunk said:

Having Tyquan Lewis helps take some of the sting away from Turay not playing. Im sure they will have him playing some DE. He and Banogu will switch roles back and forth at times.

Did they use Lewis at DE during this preseason at all? I thought the team treated him as all in for DT and not sending him back into the DE role? I could be wrong. Lewis strikes as a player with no fit. Too slow for the DE spot and not big enough as the DT role. I see Banagu as the step up guy this week. I’d love to see something positive on the defense today out of Lewis, the team seems to like something out of him.

Turay and that neck issue really concerns me for his future as an NFL guy. Let’s say he does just enough to get to that second big contract status, can you trust the neck not to become an issue on the investment? I’ve gushed over Turay before, love what he brings and think he could be a Robert Mathis clone but the neck issue worries me quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

Did they use Lewis at DE during this preseason at all? I thought the team treated him as all in for DT and not sending him back into the DE role? I could be wrong. Lewis strikes as a player with no fit. Too slow for the DE spot and not big enough as the DT role. I see Banagu as the step up guy this week. I’d love to see something positive on the defense today out of Lewis, the team seems to like something out of him.

Turay and that neck issue really concerns me for his future as an NFL guy. Let’s say he does just enough to get to that second big contract status, can you trust the neck not to become an issue on the investment? I’ve gushed over Turay before, love what he brings and think he could be a Robert Mathis clone but the neck issue worries me quite a bit. 

I believe he was hurt for most of it.   I believe he fits fine as this is the exact same D he played in at Ohio State. now that we are missing 2 pass rushers it wouldnt surprise me at all if he plays DE and DT in this game. He got multiple sacks at DE last year before injured and he avg 8 per year at Ohio State.  Hes fine, he just needs to stay on the field.