Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most over rated Colt is??

Moosejawcolt

I think Chad Kelly is the most overrated but he’s not a starter and he won’t be despite what some on here think of him.  He’s yet to play against anyone other than backups and while he did well and earned a spot on this roster I don’t think he’s the Colts future at QB like some see him as.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Who do u think is the most over rated colt and what highly rated player, based on this forums rating, will lose his starting position?

My choice...Leonard.  I will get killed for this hahah!!!

I kind of agree. He's great and super rangy. But I just don't see him in the same light as everyone else does..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think Chad Kelly is the most overrated but he’s not a starter and he won’t be despite what some on here think of him.  He’s yet to play against anyone other than backups and while he did well and earned a spot on this roster I don’t think he’s the Colts future at QB like some see him as.

I gotta go with Chad Kelly as well. Mainly because he’s not a starter, barring an injury, won’t even sniff the field. And we don’t know how he does against other teams best. 

5 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Who do u think is the most over rated colt and what highly rated player, based on this forums rating, will lose his starting position?

My choice...Leonard.  I will get killed for this hahah!!!

I won’t kill ya for it, as I think he does have flaws but I also find it hard to rate an All Pro as a rookie, one who was in the top 5 of DPOY as well as overrated. To me, overrated means you’re mostly hyped up with little to show on the field for results. To me, that’s Kelly, Cain and Campbell in that order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Down vote me all you want but it has to be Adam Viniteri.  He is the GOAT and WAS amazing, but he is a middling kicker now that gets paid like he is the best in the business.

Close second is Geathers.  I don't know how Geathers is a leader, but "vocal" leaders are really paper tigers if they don't back it up on the field.  Ray Lewis was a true vocal leader, but guys that just like to do ra ra type stuff then go out and lay an egg aren't fooling anyone and don't get true respect from the team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bhougland said:

Down vote me all you want but it has to be Adam Viniteri.  He is the GOAT and WAS amazing, but he is a middling kicker now that gets paid like he is the best in the business.

Close second is Geathers.  I don't know how Geathers is a leader, but "vocal" leaders are really paper tigers if they don't back it up on the field.  Ray Lewis was a true vocal leader, but guys that just like to do ra ra type stuff then go out and lay an egg aren't fooling anyone and don't get true respect from the team.

I'll upvote you for this. You are right on both counts.

Disagree on anyone saying Chad Kelly. He hasn't started a game yet, but all his preseason performances were good. To say he could or should start over Brissett and is possibly better than him is a decent probability. Brissett isn't 100% our permanent starter yet, and Kelly probably is close to him with higher potential at the very least. No way to say Kelly is overrated until he plays poorly IMO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Yea vinatieri  and kelly now. Parris Campbell  also. Frank Reich  hyped Campbell  up saying he could play 50 snaps versus chargers  and he catches 1 pass for 1 yard and has one rushing play.

I would give the rookies a break (for now), especially since we have only had one game. I will include Cain in that list. 

I don't know why everyone keeps saying Kelly.  I think his supporters (me included) just want him to make the team, not that he is already Brett Farve.  But let's not turn this thread into a Kelly thread (looks like I am guilty in that respect..lol)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bhougland said:

I would give the rookies a break (for now), especially since we have only had one game. I will include Cain in that list. 

I don't know why everyone keeps saying Kelly.  I think his supporters (me included) just want him to make the team, not that he is already Brett Farve.  But let's not turn this thread into a Kelly thread (looks like I am guilty in that respect..lol)

We can't  give the rookies  a break if we want to be good. Got to get our playmakers involved.  Campbell  can have a marquise br pi win type impact on games. Just get him  the ball in space and he's  gone.

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We can't  give the rookies  a break if we want to be good. Got to get our playmakers involved.  Campbell  can have a marquise br pi win type impact on games. Just get him  the ball in space and he's  gone.

I definitely agree with you here.  I just think we need a larger sample size to declare any rookie as overrated.

15 minutes ago, bhougland said:

I thought “overrated” meant that the person gets hyped up but has yet to back up the hype?  How is Viniteri overrated, are you basing this just on the last game? He has years upon years of solid, game winning plays that more than backs up any hype put out about him. He has earned whatever money he is getting paid now due to what he has contributed. Yes he sucked in that last game and maybe some rare isolated incidents over the years... but no way would I ever call him overrated. Just running out of steam maybe? That’s not the same as overrated.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Disagree on anyone saying Chad Kelly. He hasn't started a game yet, but all his preseason performances were good. To say he could or should start over Brissett and is possibly better than him is a decent probability. Brissett isn't 100% our permanent starter yet, and Kelly probably is close to him with higher potential at the very least. No way to say Kelly is overrated until he plays poorly IMO.

"Possibly"

"Probably"

There is plenty of ways to say Kelly is overrated and your post is living proof of how overrated he is here. Brissett is 100% our starting qb this year, and that's not even a question, except for some on this forum that continue to say Chad Kelly is "probably" better.

No. He. Is. Not. 

There's no way to say Kelly isn't overrated until he actually plays a down in a real game... which there is a high possibility that he probably will never... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

"Possibly"

"Probably"

There is plenty of ways to say Kelly is overrated and your post is living proof of how overrated he is here. Brissett is 100% our starting qb this year, and that's not even a question, except for some on this forum that continue to say Chad Kelly is "probably" better.

No. He. Is. Not. 

It can't be proven either way unless Kelly starts in the regular season and shows us. Until then, your guess is as good as mine. All we have to go off of is his preseason, which is solid. Brissett is a game manager at this point, that's the benchmark he has to beat. Until he shows otherwise, saying he's better than Brissett is certainly possible.

29 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I thought “overrated” meant that the person gets hyped up but has yet to back up the hype?  How is Viniteri overrated, are you basing this just on the last game? He has years upon years of solid, game winning plays that more than backs up any hype put out about him. He has earned whatever money he is getting paid now due to what he has contributed. Yes he sucked in that last game and maybe some rare isolated incidents over the years... but no way would I ever call him overrated. Just running out of steam maybe? That’s not the same as overrated.

No, I am basing it on his last 4 year kicking percentage. He is a middling kick, in the bottom half of the league.

So, by your logic he is not overrated because he was once the best.  Sorry, but father time always catches up with a player, even the best.

6 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

it's Brissett by a large margin he's played one game so far and many already think he has locked up being our franchise QB and is taking us to the playoffs every year.

I havent heard a single person say that.  Its clear that you are just upset your forum name is now outdated.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It can't be proven either way unless Kelly starts in the regular season and shows us. Until then, your guess is as good as mine. All we have to go off of is his preseason, which is solid. Brissett is a game manager at this point, that's the benchmark he has to beat. Until he shows otherwise, saying he's better than Brissett is certainly possible.

You have to remember he looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Tomorrow's game will show me a lot more about Brissett, if he plays well again and we win than he deserves to still being the starter for a while IMO. If he looks bad and we lose, than giving Kelly a try may not be a bad idea. Too early to tell.

1 minute ago, bhougland said:

No, I am basing it on his last 4 year kicking percentage. He is a middling kick, in the bottom half of the league.

So, by your logic he is not overrated because he was once the best.  Sorry, but father time always catches up with a player, even the best.

No, not by my logic... by the definition of the word “overrated.” Just think we are disagreeing on what that term means. I completely agree that Father Time catches up with players, and has definitely shown that it may be catching up to Vinny.  But the phrase you just used, “Father Time catching up,” is a much better way to describe what’s going on with Vinny rather than calling him overrated. I just think of overrated as someone who has never ever lived up to the surrounding hype... can’t say I agree that is the case with  Vinny. But hey, agreeing to disagree... that’s what this forum is all about. Thanks for answering! :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You have to remember he looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Tomorrow's game will show me a lot more about Brissett, if he plays well again and we win than he deserves to still being the starter for a while IMO. If he looks bad and we lose, than giving Kelly a try may not be a bad idea. Too early to tell.

I agree. We have no sample size on Kelly, and a one game sample size with Brissett with this offense. Either could be better than the other. I thought Brissett did a good job last week, but there's no way to judge Kelly yet Vs Brissett as we'd be guessing. Both sides can make a point, but all we can say is Brissett looked good in game 1 and Kelly did solid in the preseason. We have nothing else of evidence at this point.

Sometimes i think some of these posters have never watched a game in their lives.

I do.

Heres one for ya......: Andrew Luck.

Kinda surprising how we all (most of us anyway) have seemingly moved on from A.L. , a so-called "generational talent".

Funny how a well-built total team will change your perspective.

• Like 3

Hard for me to pick a player who isn't even a starter and say he's overrated.  Even a rookie for that matter.  Starting players.  It's Geathers for me.  If he wasn't a captain I could see Willis taking over by midseason.  I think if he gets hurt Willis will take over and not give it back.  Just a hunch.

26 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

All we have to show is that Kelly has played one snap in a regular season game, which was a kneeldown for halftime, and a few preseason games against glorified college players that didn't make rosters. That's it.

Brissett did everything right week one with a rating of 120... he won several in 2017 with a really bad roster. We have facts to look and no one wants to admit this should not even be a discussion... but here we are. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Sometimes i think some of these posters have never watched a game in their lives.

I do.

Heres one for ya......: Andrew Luck.

Kinda surprising how we all (most of us anyway) have seemingly moved on from A.L. , a so-called "generational talent".

Funny how a well-built total team will change your perspective.

The title of the thread is “ Most over rated Colt is??”

Luck is not a Colt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

All we have to show is that Kelly has played one snap in a regular season game, which was a kneeldown for halftime, and a few preseason games against glorified college players that didn't make rosters. That's it.

Brissett did everything right week one with a rating of 120... he won several in 2017 with a really bad roster. We have facts to look and no one wants to admit this should not even be a discussion... but here we are. 

Until Kelly starts, does bad, and proves you right, you are merely assuming he's overrated. Right now, the range of outcomes is very large. The preseason only makes it more likely, not less, that the good range is his likely range. He's not overrated until proven otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t think you can be overrated if you haven’t really had the chance yet. So I would not pick Cain or Campbell. Have to see what they have done by middle of the season first.

I agree on Geathers. We need a star SS. I don’t think Willis is it. We will see.

Don't forget.  Willis is a rookie and the Colts traded up to get him.  And he did have quite a few snaps against the Chargers.  I think they really like his potential. 

• Like 1