Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll: Confidence after Week 1 vs LAC

EastStreet

Poll: Confidence after Week 1 vs LAC  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How confident in our Total Offense are you.going into week 1 (1-5, 1 being not confident, 5 being extremely confident)?

• 5 - Extremely confident (our O will be the boss and be top 5)
    • 4 - More than average confidence (will rank 6-12)
    • 3 - Average confidence (will rank 13-20)
    • 2 - Below average confidence (will rank 21-27)
    • 1 - No confidence at all (will rank 28-32)
  2. 2. How confident in our Total Defense are you going into week 1?

• 5 - Extremely confident (our D will be the boss - top 5)
    • 4 - More than average confidence (will rank 6-12)
    • 3 - Average confidence (will rank 13-20)
    • 2 - Below average confidence (will rank 21-27)
    • 1 - No confidence at all (will rank 28-32)
  3. 3. Weekly Wildcard Question: How confident are you with our current starting QB situation?

• 5 - Extremely confident (JB will be a top 5 QB)
    • 4 - More than average confidence (JB will rank 6-12)
    • 3 - Average confidence (JB will rank 13-20)
    • 2 - Below average confidence (JB will rank 21-27)
    • 1 - No confidence at all (JB will rank 28-32)
    • I have zero ideal what to think right now

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/15/2019 at 05:00 PM

Voted above average on everything. The only big downside last week was the Adam V. misses, otherwise we win 30-24, and the defense does its job with pressures, sacks, FF's and INT's. Brissett looked good, and I expect a win this week. If we lose here to the Titans, then we may be in trouble though.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Voted above average on everything. The only big downside last week was the Adam V. misses, otherwise we win 30-24, and the defense does its job with pressures, sacks, FF's and INT's. Brissett looked good, and I expect a win this week. If we lose here to the Titans, then we may be in trouble though.

Huge game for us. I don't want to be down two games to TN... 

Hoping Houston and the Jags end in a tie lol.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we lose to titans my expectations  will drop alot especially  if it's a blowout  loss

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

If we lose to titans my expectations  will drop alot especially  if it's a blowout  loss

I doubt it will be a blowout. My only hope is that they are more aggressive with JB. I know they likely want to bring him along slowly, but this game is pretty big in the scheme of things. I think our D will step up, but TN's OL is much much better than LAC's. Praying AV is out of his funk.

• Like 1

If we're having to rely on Vinny and FGs to win this game, then my hope for the season severely decreases.

I need to see defensive takeaways and not only takeaways, but points converted off of those turnovers....something we didn't really see last season. I want to see a big game from Cain, get Campbell involved a lot more. No reason we should be having 3 and outs with these weapons. 

Sucks that we lost the Chargers game, but that was a game I slated us to lose even before Andrew Luck retired. But we gotta win this one. Absolutely have to. 

If we win this, we'll have an early lead on the division, something that we really need. 

And I think we can. They may have looked pretty good last week, but at the end of the day, they're the Titans. We almost beat the Chargers, and that was with several things unusually wrong or something the league messed up, like the Autry penalty, the Ebron TD, the Turay hold(s), the Vinny misses. I am confident that we can beat these Titans. The only thing is that we gotta fix our run D.

That's how we've been beating them. We shut down the run game, and things get a lot easier from there if the ball is in Mariota's hands. But it's gonna be a long day if we can't stop Derrick Henry...

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Would be two and a half as they'd  own the tie breaker

this is about as important as a week two game can be.  win and the colts are first in the division, lose and its last place 2.5 games back.  losing would hurt more than winning would help 

I voted high confidence in offense and above average confidence in defense and JB

I think this could really be a good year

Btw, don’t know if anyone noticed, but aside from November 3rd at steelers we don’t play any outdoors games in cold environments in all of November/December/early January. May not be ideal for playoff prep, but no cold games this year in the regular season could help us out a lot

• Like 1

Mariota had terrible stats against the browns.  I do think we need to stop the run. I am concerned about stopping the run in the second half with the heat . AJ Brown can create space in the middle of the field. We must stop that. We have to win this game. We have a good schedule coming up after this game despite the KC game.

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

We laugh at them every year.  Why not?

Back in 2014, a store down here in Evansville sold a shirt that said "Colts Run the South", which at the time was true. I have a friend who is a Titans fan and for the whole next offseason I wore that shirt, bragging to him.

We haven't won the South since.

Until we win it again, I will reserve my laughing, personally.

And when we do win it again, then I will wear that shirt again, all the time, laughing at Titans/Texans/Jaguars fans

6 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Back in 2014, a store down here in Evansville sold a shirt that said "Colts Run the South", which at the time was true. I have a friend who is a Titans fan and for the whole next offseason I wore that shirt, bragging to him.

We haven't won the South since.

Until we win it again, I will reserve my laughing, personally.

And when we do win it again, then I will wear that shirt again, all the time, laughing at Titans/Texans/Jaguars fans

I'm not going to stop laughing until they beat us.  I don't have confidence that Vrabel and his staff are better than Reich and Sirianni. We outcoach them every time, and I don't believe their secondary matches up well with our receivers.  It's the same bunch of guys, and they had problems last year with that rag tag bunch of receivers we had.  Now the group(our wr) is upgraded and I expect the problems will continue for Tenn.  We already know they aren't that great at stuffing the run.   Personally I don't see much reason for me to not have good confidence about getting the W on Sunday.   On the other side I think we'll stop Mariota enough. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm not going to stop laughing until they beat us.  I don't have confidence that Vrabel and his staff are better than Reich and Sirianni. We outcoach them every time, and I don't believe their secondary matches up well with our receivers.  It's the same bunch of guys, and they had problems last year with that rag tag bunch of receivers we had.  Now the group(our wr) is upgraded and I expect the problems will continue for Tenn.  We already know they aren't that great at stuffing the run.   Personally I don't see much reason for me to not have good confidence about getting the W on Sunday.   On the other side I think we'll stop Mariota enough. 

Oh yeah I get that, I'm just saying personally I'm going to avoid potentially eating crow again.

I am definitely confident about the game, but to me the Titans are still a bit of an enigma this year, which makes sense since it's still week 2, mostly due to how their new OC is utilizing Mariota much better.

Hopefully we keep laughing on Sunday

23 minutes ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Oh yeah I get that, I'm just saying personally I'm going to avoid potentially eating crow again.

I am definitely confident about the game, but to me the Titans are still a bit of an enigma this year, which makes sense since it's still week 2, mostly due to how their new OC is utilizing Mariota much better.

Hopefully we keep laughing on Sunday

They say he's being utilized much better but all I saw was the same Tenn type of game against the Browns.  Low scoring drag out for most of the affair. On defense the Browns run a similar defensive scheme as the Colts do with Steve Wilks as the DC.   Only thing that broke the game open was Baker and all his turnovers.  Baker had silly turnovers.  It wasn't even like Tenn was plastered all over his receivers. 

• Like 1

I am feeling confident actually.  It took us a half a game to get into "In season mode" and our starters really kicked it in after the 1st. half.  I expect them to keep it going and I am expecting Leonard to get back to being himself.  It looks like Jacoby is going to be just fine.  I think we start a nice win streak on Sunday. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

They say he's being utilized much better but all I saw was the same Tenn type of game against the Browns.  Low scoring drag out for most of the affair.  Only thing that broke it open was Baker and all his turnovers. 

His stats were still bad. He only completed a little over half his passes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

They say he's being utilized much better but all I saw was the same Tenn type of game against the Browns.  Low scoring drag out for most of the affair. On defense the Browns run a similar defensive scheme as the Colts do with Steve Wilks as the DC.   Only thing that broke the game open was Baker and all his turnovers.  Baker had silly turnovers.  It wasn't even like Tenn was plastered all over his receivers. 

Cleveland's penalties killed them more than Baker.

5 hours ago, krunk said:

I didn’t watch the game, so I’ll take your word for it. I hope you’re right

On 9/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, Fisticuffs111 said:

I guess it's debatable but the Browns DL is very talented. Garrett, Richardson, Vernon, and Ogunjobi. 

I do like our depth more though.

I agree with the above. I also think TN being at home, and with our history (and draft comments lol), it won't be a walk in the park to get to Mariota tomorrow.