Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning in town today

Restinpeacesweetchloe

52 minutes ago, IinD said:

They said he was there for a 'weight session'. That's code for kicking the tires.

:sarcasm:

Peyton's done.  He was in there for a weight session so he could spread his hard-earned wisdom around with the current-gen team.  Working out with the players puts him in their world and makes him available to chat with, and if the current players are smart, they'll have picked his brain for all he was worth.

If I was the Colts FO and had a guy with Peyton's NFL experience and reputation who was willing to come in and share some nuggets with the boys then I couldn't say yes fast enough.  Heck I think every franchise does this with their alums

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think Manning has already established he is in "their world" I don't think lifting a few weights would do change any player's opinion of him.

I think you're mistaken.  Guys like Manning are on a bit of a pedestal.  I really do think that having him in that room doing what everyone else is doing makes him way more approachable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think you're mistaken.  Guys like Manning are on a bit of a pedestal.  I really do think that having him in that room doing what everyone else is doing makes him way more approachable.

You keep thinking that.  I can guarantee the only people that put Manning on a pedestal are the fans.

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I still have hopes that Irsay would offer and Manning would accept some sort of position with the Colts.    With his work ethic, I have no doubt he would succeed in anything he did.

Director of Public Relations has a nice ring to it 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, csmopar said:

Probably not but good grief we do need a new one

I think a lot of that had to do with Luck's wishes for privacy. They should have gotten out in front of a few things, but I can understand respecting your franchise player's wishes as well

If Luck had a bit more 'Hollywood' in him it would likely have been different :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

I think a lot of that had to do with Luck's wishes for privacy. They should have gotten out in front of a few things, but I can understand respecting your franchise player's wishes as well

If Luck had a bit more 'Hollywood' in him it would likely have been different :D

its not just the Luck thing, the PR department has struggled for years

On 9/12/2019 at 11:06 AM, Coffeedrinker said:

You keep thinking that.  I can guarantee the only people that put Manning on a pedestal are the fans.

At the end of Manning's career he was getting autograph requests from opponents and teammates.  

Bullcrap he wasn't put on a pedestal.  

3 hours ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

If anyone is set up in this league to succeed, it’s JB. He has Reich, Sirianni, Mack, Ebron, Doyle, the best OL in the league, and now he’s been the understudy to Brady, Luck, and Manning. Can’t get much more help than that.

Well said. 

• Thanks 1

I see why people would put Peyton on a pedestal. Football wise he deserves it. On most people's lists including most of the media the guy is a Top 3 QB of all-time. Some think he is the GOAT. QB's like Brady, Montana, and Peyton only come around about once every 20 years in reality. We were lucky to have Peyton, while he was here we won a SB and went to 2 SB's. He also won 4 League MVP's here in Indy and won 12 or more games 7 years in a row from 2003-2009. With Peyton, 12 wins was automatic.

Regarding Peyton and Irsay having a problem with each other or Peyton not wanting to have anything to do with Indy has been proven completely false. He has been in Indy a lot lately so to the people that say he was sour toward Irsay, you are wrong. If Peyton had any ill will toward this organization he would've never had anything to do with the Colts at all while Irsay ownd the ream. That is common sense. Peyton just had dinner with JB, lmao and was in training camp, was here for the statue unveiling, etc.. I can go on and on.

• Like 1