Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl win still possible

ThorstenDenmark

I'm not wasting any time showing this fear and that fear about the D.   San Diego has always been a tough one for any Colt team we've had.  I'm confident they will tighten things up starting this week. You don't always start the 1st game off dominating.  More times then not you progress into it as you play more games and iron out the wrinkles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think the point he was making is that if the colts go 6-10 with JB playing that well it will be because the defense was terrible.

Yeah, but he didn't need to go down the "Fire Eberflus" road. Like I said, I don't think we are there yet with the front 7 on D to make noise even with good QB play. A bit of it does fall on Ballard too, he is not untouchable either. 

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Funny how you can go from darling new coach to be on the chopping block in an instant. Let us cross the bridge if it happens. Ballard didn't invest in enough meat in the middle of the DL either, so there is enough blame to go around, it is not just Eberflus, IMO, if the D underperforms.

I actually agree. I think it would show our defense isn’t close and still needs upgraded not that Eberflus is bad. I am sure he didn’t really mean it that way. I think he was just trying to make the point we don’t need a new QB if Jacoby plays that well but we still end up with a bad record.

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

That's a super knee jerk take on Eberflus by Bowen.

He probably saying that tongue in cheek, I believe. I think he's saying that if JB plays that way, he doesn't think the Colts will be 6-10 -- unless the defense is surprisingly atrocious.  It's not really a comment about his thoughts on Eberflus.