Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
CR91

Marlon Mack - The next great Colt RB?

43 minutes ago, Myles said:

I have to say no.  I think Mack is good and capable.   I haven't really seen the greatness.   He did have a great game against the Chargers, but it was just one game.   We'll see if it continues.   He's definitely not in the top tier of RB's (Zeke, Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara).   He's in the 2nd tier right now.   I'm hoping to see more.

I think we can all agree he is in the second tier  But you don’t need a top tier to win a SB. 

14 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

But you don’t need a top tier to win a SB. 

they need to be pretty close or at least play like it for a while.  did you watch Foles on his super bowl run?  he was lights out for a few games there, had a huge game against he patriots

same was true when Flacco won.  

6 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they need to be pretty close or at least play like it for a while.  did you watch Foles on his super bowl run?  he was lights out for a few games there, had a huge game against he patriots

same was true when Flacco won.  

This was a thread about running backs not QB. Lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This was a thread about running backs not QB. Lol

sorry , but the same is true for QB

we all know you feel the same about them too.  they can move this to the JB thread if they want, i stand by the comment though

Who are the past Great Colts running backs?
 Edge was awfully good, a marginal Hall of Famer. We will see.

I ask myself, with this line, this coaching staff, does Mack have the skills to finish his career with 10,000 + yards? That is a long hall, but i think so.
 Something close to that with a SB appearance would make him a great Colt RB.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Who are the past Great Colts running backs?
 Edge was awfully good, a marginal Hall of Famer. We will see.

I ask myself, with this line, this coaching staff, does Mack have the skills to finish his career with 10,000 + yards? That is a long hall, but i think so.
 Something close to that with a SB appearance would make him a great Colt RB.  

Marshall Faulk, Erik Dickerson, Lenny Moore if you wanna go way back

4 hours ago, chad hugo said:

We still need a bruiser to compliment Mack's speed and I don't think Hines is the answer.

Curious, have the colts ever had a good 1-2 punch ? 

When in Baltimore they did.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:00 AM, lollygagger8 said:

I think Mack is a great back. I would however like to see Wilkins behind this beast of an O-line. 

I think Hines goes down with little contact too easily. 

Hines does go down easily but it looks like he is fighting for every inch which is great to see.

What happens if Mack wins the rushing title this year. Does he deserve zeke money. Maybe not the same amount of years but per year and guaranteed money.

17 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

What happens if Mack wins the rushing title this year. Does he deserve zeke money. Maybe not the same amount of years but per year and guaranteed money.

No 

Mack the next great Colts RB? He’s certainly the greatest RB on the Colts roster currently. He had a great game last week (so did the Colts oline). The great RBs that come to mind have a lot of commonality; they consistently put up 100+ yard games with explosive game breaking runs. Mack showed that towards the end of last season (not the first half) and showed that Wk1.

If he continues to put up 170 yard games through Wk2-Wk16 then I think we can start having that conversation around Mack being one of the great Colts RBs and putting him in the same bucket as the Gurleys and the Zekes. 

I think for now my vote is that he’s our franchise RB (the best we’ve had in a long while); one that can play 3 downs and make plays.

I’d rather have McCaffrey, Mixon or Kamara from that class, but Mack is a really solid RB. Very happy we have him.

Has Fournette impressed anybody on here? I thought he’s been playing below where he was drafted