Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DonnieDarko1023

Power Back

Marlon Mack had an amazing first game wouldn’t be mad if he’s the focus of the offense but I would want a power back in the back field with him so he doesn’t wear out over the year.......any suggestions?

Just now, DonnieDarko1023 said:

Marlon Mack had an amazing first game wouldn’t be mad if he’s the focus of the offense but I would want a power back in the back field with him so he doesn’t wear out over the year.......any suggestions?

Doubtful we can find someone decent enough at this stage in the game. Williams coming back and Wilkins getting healthy should help a lot

I was hoping to get a complimentary power back in the draft. Would have loved to grab a guy like Benny Snell. 

Right now though, I just want our existing guys to get healthy so we don't run down Mack. Hines is not an every down guy, and I hate seeing him used the wrong way even if out of necessity. 

Ajayi is coming off an acl but up until then has been pretty healthy. Played 29 of 32 games previous 2 seasons which included helping Eagles and Reich to a Super Bowl title. He was also healthy all through college so not much injury history there. Avg 4.5 yards per carry for his career and is young at 26 years of age (1 year older than Wilkins). At this point he can be had on the cheap as well no low risk big reward scenerio.

I don't think we need one.  Wilkins can be a power back.  Some of his runs last year were impressive power runs.  Mack is also a power back imo.  He just isn't built like the classic type.  We're fine. 

I really liked Alex Barnes going into the draft.

But I would also like to see them use Wilkins more and give him a crack at it 

20 hours ago, cbear said:

I don't think we need one.  Wilkins can be a power back.  Some of his runs last year were impressive power runs.  Mack is also a power back imo.  He just isn't built like the classic type.  We're fine. 

Mack is the opposite of a power back.   Not even close 

On 9/9/2019 at 9:43 PM, DonnieDarko1023 said:

Idk about this season but next year's draft we'll probably see A.J. Dillon come out of Boston College. He's 6'1" 240lbs, runs a 4.56 40-yd. He would be amazing behind this O-line

51 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

Idk about this season but next year's draft we'll probably see A.J. Dillon come out of Boston College. He's 6'1" 240lbs, runs a 4.56 40-yd. He would be amazing behind this O-line

Honestly  Jacob's would have been a great pick this past year. He looks good in Oakland.