Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South

Myles

The Colts will be fine

There is NOT a pinpoint passer at QB from any of our other AFC south opponents

We had some coverage holes that LA, with an accurate passer, took advantage of 

We had a few....."almost there" coverages

We had some tackling holes because people were, NOT where they needed to be.

THESE ARE ALL FIXABLE........

As covered, our kicking team killed us.... this was a 12-4 team that is better than anyone we will face in the AFC South.  

The Colts will win this division.

Write it down........   :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MikeCurtis said:

The Colts will be fine

There is NOT a pinpoint passer at QB from any of our other AFC south opponents

We had some coverage holes that LA, with an accurate passer, took advantage of 

We had a few....."almost there" coverages

We had some tackling holes because people were, NOT where they needed to be.

As covered, our kicking team killed us.... this was a 12-4 team that is better than who we will face in the AFC South.  

The Colts will win this division.

Write it down........   :)

I am hoping you are right, but Watson looked good last night.  He was very accurate downfield, I would say more than Rivers last game, and he came up big when he needed to.  He is by far the best QB in our division right now.  I am not worried about the rushing of the Texans, but if we let Henry get a full head of steam, it could be a long day.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is a game changer on ST. Look at our coverage units against the chargers. We had great coverage units last year and we cut a couple of them. If Brissett is pinned at the ten yard line all day we will be in trouble.

Oh I agree, Milton may be the best punt coverage player there is.

And I noticed Sunday how Desir and whoever the other gunner was (Ya-Sin?) , were not doing a very good job.

Just found it funny, because for years here Milton always seemed to be the scapegoat and many were calling for him to be cut...

7 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Oh I agree, Milton may be the best punt coverage player there is.

And I noticed Sunday how Desir and whoever the other gunner was (Ya-Sin?) , were not doing a very good job.

Just found it funny, because for years here Milton always seemed to be the scapegoat and many were calling for him to be cut...

I believe Odum was out on special teams as was the new guy Lewis. Wasn’t playing close enough attention if Desir or Rock was out there.. Hopefully we can score on almost every drive and don’t have to punt often.

14 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

None of these AFCS teams scare me. 

I think that same thing is being said by every team in the division.   I don't think the Colts scare anyone just like the rest of them.  

Houston has the best QB in the division.  Tenn has a pretty good all around team except QB.  Jax has a very good defense.  Indy has a pretty good all around team.  

22 minutes ago, bhougland said:

Did you think our defense did?  I think that Saints offense looked more dynamic than the Chargers in the second half.

What does that have to do with anything?  Myles and I were discussing the Texans vs the Saints.  Feel free to chime in on our discussion if you can stay on topic.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are still a elite SS I think from being real contenders in the league. We really could of used Collins in FA. Unless the game slows down and Willis becomes a stud he ain’t it.

Willis has played in one NFL game.   You mean he isn't a pro bowler yet?

• Like 2

Just now, MacDee1975 said:

What does that have to do with anything?  Myles and I were discussing the Texans vs the Saints.  Feel free to chime in on our discussion if you can stay on topic.

I am sorry if you thought you were narrowing the discussion of the thread, but the thread is about AFC South and last I checked we are in that division.  

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are still a elite SS I think from being real contenders in the league. We really could of used Collins in FA. Unless the game slows down and Willis becomes a stud he ain’t it.

Um....let's give our rookies more than 1 week before throwing them to the bushes.

• Like 2

Couple notes of significance on the Texans game Monday vs. N.O. First, Watson was sacked 6 times and hit 11 times and that was with the new addition of  Tunsil. Second fact is JJ Watt literally had no stats for the game, none. So considering the Jags defense Watson could be in for a rough day.

6 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Couple notes of significance on the Texans game Monday vs. N.O. First, Watson was sacked 6 times and hit 11 times and that was with the new addition of  Tunsil. Second fact is JJ Watt literally had no stats for the game, none. So considering the Jags defense Watson could be in for a rough day.

Watson also came up limping multiple times and is reportedly having lower back pain. If the pace keeps up, and it won't, he's looking at being sacked nearly 100 times this season, and in addition, another 150-170 hits. No way he survives this season in tact.  Houston is doing to him the same thing Grigson did to Luck. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Watson also came up limping multiple times and is reportedly having lower back pain. If the pace keeps up, and it won't, he's looking at being sacked nearly 100 times this season, and in addition, another 150-170 hits. No way he survives this season in tact.  Houston is doing to him the same thing Grigson did to Luck. 

In the first half, I thought their O-line did great.   Halftime adjustment were made by the Saints and Houston was outcoached.  If they learn from it, they will be OK.  I also think that Watson is in the habit of waiting till he is under pressure before passing the ball.  Maybe because last season that was how every throw had to be.  Hyde and Johnson ran very well for the Texans.  

image.png.05728b2d1fffbc2746c08e9bb551ceec.png

Just now, Myles said:

In the first half, I thought their O-line did great.   Halftime adjustment were made by the Saints and Houston was outcoached.  If they learn from it, they will be OK.  I also think that Watson is in the habit of waiting till he is under pressure before passing the ball.  Maybe because last season that was how every throw had to be.  Hyde and Johnson ran very well for the Texans.  

image.png.05728b2d1fffbc2746c08e9bb551ceec.png

Watson got sacked 3 times in the first half and had to go into the medical tent after taking a hit on the TD run. Kinda unrelated but after his last TD pass he took a hit too and he looked in pain. Gonna be a long season for him IMO...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bhougland said:

I am sorry if you thought you were narrowing the discussion of the thread, but the thread is about AFC South and last I checked we are in that division.  

Apology accepted.  And you are correct:  I did successfully narrow this particular discussion into a debate with Myles in regards to the Texan-Saint game.

Side discussions occur all the time on internet message boards.  Welcome to the internet.....is this your first time?  

5 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Apology accepted.  And you are correct:  I did successfully narrow this particular discussion into a debate with Myles in regards to the Texan-Saint game.

Side discussions occur all the time on internet message boards.  Welcome to the internet.....is this your first time?  

If you are that offended then start your own thread.  

14 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Watson got sacked 3 times in the first half and had to go into the medical tent after taking a hit on the TD run. Kinda unrelated but after his last TD pass he took a hit too and he looked in pain. Gonna be a long season for him IMO...

Watson doesn't know how to handle when a team Blitzes.  

46 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think that same thing is being said by every team in the division.   I don't think the Colts scare anyone just like the rest of them.  

Houston has the best QB in the division.  Tenn has a pretty good all around team except QB.  Jax has a very good defense.  Indy has a pretty good all around team.  

It's up for grabs. Completely. I predict it comes down to December 29th... Colts at Jacksonville... Titans at Houston

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Titans are underrated... 

Browns are overrated. 

I agree completely.  Last season the Titans were a top 5 defense (3rd in points, 8th in yards) and they improved that with signings and the draft.   They are currently leading the division.   I think this is an incredibly important game for the Colts.  With a tough schedule, digging out of a 0-2 hole could be too much.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Watson is going to have a hard time surviving the year.  The Jags are in trouble.  Mariotta doesn't worry me.  I'll take Brissett and our OL over the course of a long season.  I still see the Colts winning the division.  

I said last year that Watson would last the year but he did. We'll have to see this year.

10 hours ago, csmopar said:

Watson is basically the  Luck the sequel. He will b done soon the way his career is going.  Sustaining way to many hits

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

The Texans have the best QB in the division but the Titans are more desperate. Mariota and Vrabel jobs are on the line this year. I think the Titans win the division this year at 10-6. Texans finish the season 9-7. Jags 6-10 and the Colts 5-11. 

I doubt Vrabel's job is on the line after one season. Mariota's job on the other hand is on the line.

Also, there's no way this Colts roster is a 5 win team at it currently stands. Sure, if Brissett and other important players get hurt then anything is possible but with a healthy Brissett and roster, the Colts are not a 5 win team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

The Texans have the best QB in the division but the Titans are more desperate. Mariota and Vrabel jobs are on the line this year. I think the Titans win the division this year at 10-6. Texans finish the season 9-7. Jags 6-10 and the Colts 5-11. 

We may win 5 games just in the division. You are severely underrating them. I had us 8-8, maybe 9-7 so I am not saying we are SB contenders but 5 wins??

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We may win 5 games just in the division. You are severely underrating them. I had us 8-8, maybe 9-7 so I am not saying we are SB contenders but 5 wins??

Especially when JB won four with that bad team and bad coaching. If we only win five that means we don’t have any talent at all.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 8:07 AM, MacDee1975 said:

Houston gave the game away?!  NO dominated the second half, had a 3 point lead, the ball and first down with under 2 minutes left, and gave up two circus catches to suddenly find themselves behind 1 with 30 seconds left.  Had they lost, that would've been NO absolutely handing the game to Hou (like so many teams did to Hou last year.  Good to see their luck didn't carry over.)

NO absolutely played better than Houston in the 2H (I agree), but playing prevent the whole last series including playing extremely soft near the FG range mark, is IMO, giving it away. I hate when teams do that, especially against someone like Brees who can light them up underneath with chunk plays.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 8:36 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we beat Tennessee at their place on Sunday and Brissett looks good again, I would say we should be favored to win the South through 2 weeks.

If Houston also beats the Jags, I think Houston would be favored.