Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South


Myles

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

 

Did you think their OL and their defense looked good?  I sure didn't.

In the first half both the O-line and the defense looked good.   The Saints made the needed adjustments in the second half.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts will be fine

 

There is NOT a pinpoint passer at QB from any of our other AFC south opponents

 

We had some coverage holes that LA, with an accurate passer, took advantage of 

 

We had a few....."almost there" coverages

 

We had some tackling holes because people were, NOT where they needed to be.

 

THESE ARE ALL FIXABLE........

 

As covered, our kicking team killed us.... this was a 12-4 team that is better than anyone we will face in the AFC South.  

 

The Colts will win this division.

 

Write it down........   :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MikeCurtis said:

The Colts will be fine

 

There is NOT a pinpoint passer at QB from any of our other AFC south opponents

 

We had some coverage holes that LA, with an accurate passer, took advantage of 

 

We had a few....."almost there" coverages

 

We had some tackling holes because people were, NOT where they needed to be.

 

As covered, our kicking team killed us.... this was a 12-4 team that is better than who we will face in the AFC South.  

 

The Colts will win this division.

 

Write it down........   :)

 

 

I am hoping you are right, but Watson looked good last night.  He was very accurate downfield, I would say more than Rivers last game, and he came up big when he needed to.  He is by far the best QB in our division right now.  I am not worried about the rushing of the Texans, but if we let Henry get a full head of steam, it could be a long day.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is a game changer on ST. Look at our coverage units against the chargers. We had great coverage units last year and we cut a couple of them. If Brissett is pinned at the ten yard line all day we will be in trouble.

Oh I agree, Milton may be the best punt coverage player there is.

And I noticed Sunday how Desir and whoever the other gunner was (Ya-Sin?) , were not doing a very good job.

Just found it funny, because for years here Milton always seemed to be the scapegoat and many were calling for him to be cut...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Oh I agree, Milton may be the best punt coverage player there is.

And I noticed Sunday how Desir and whoever the other gunner was (Ya-Sin?) , were not doing a very good job.

Just found it funny, because for years here Milton always seemed to be the scapegoat and many were calling for him to be cut...

I believe Odum was out on special teams as was the new guy Lewis. Wasn’t playing close enough attention if Desir or Rock was out there.. Hopefully we can score on almost every drive and don’t have to punt often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

None of these AFCS teams scare me. 

I think that same thing is being said by every team in the division.   I don't think the Colts scare anyone just like the rest of them.  

 

Houston has the best QB in the division.  Tenn has a pretty good all around team except QB.  Jax has a very good defense.  Indy has a pretty good all around team.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bhougland said:

 

 

Did you think our defense did?  I think that Saints offense looked more dynamic than the Chargers in the second half.

 

What does that have to do with anything?  Myles and I were discussing the Texans vs the Saints.  Feel free to chime in on our discussion if you can stay on topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are still a elite SS I think from being real contenders in the league. We really could of used Collins in FA. Unless the game slows down and Willis becomes a stud he ain’t it.

Willis has played in one NFL game.   You mean he isn't a pro bowler yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are still a elite SS I think from being real contenders in the league. We really could of used Collins in FA. Unless the game slows down and Willis becomes a stud he ain’t it.

I think Willis will improve.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, MacDee1975 said:

 

What does that have to do with anything?  Myles and I were discussing the Texans vs the Saints.  Feel free to chime in on our discussion if you can stay on topic.

 

I am sorry if you thought you were narrowing the discussion of the thread, but the thread is about AFC South and last I checked we are in that division.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are still a elite SS I think from being real contenders in the league. We really could of used Collins in FA. Unless the game slows down and Willis becomes a stud he ain’t it.

Um....let's give our rookies more than 1 week before throwing them to the bushes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple notes of significance on the Texans game Monday vs. N.O. First, Watson was sacked 6 times and hit 11 times and that was with the new addition of  Tunsil. Second fact is JJ Watt literally had no stats for the game, none. So considering the Jags defense Watson could be in for a rough day.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Couple notes of significance on the Texans game Monday vs. N.O. First, Watson was sacked 6 times and hit 11 times and that was with the new addition of  Tunsil. Second fact is JJ Watt literally had no stats for the game, none. So considering the Jags defense Watson could be in for a rough day.

 

Watson also came up limping multiple times and is reportedly having lower back pain. If the pace keeps up, and it won't, he's looking at being sacked nearly 100 times this season, and in addition, another 150-170 hits. No way he survives this season in tact.  Houston is doing to him the same thing Grigson did to Luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Watson also came up limping multiple times and is reportedly having lower back pain. If the pace keeps up, and it won't, he's looking at being sacked nearly 100 times this season, and in addition, another 150-170 hits. No way he survives this season in tact.  Houston is doing to him the same thing Grigson did to Luck. 

In the first half, I thought their O-line did great.   Halftime adjustment were made by the Saints and Houston was outcoached.  If they learn from it, they will be OK.  I also think that Watson is in the habit of waiting till he is under pressure before passing the ball.  Maybe because last season that was how every throw had to be.  Hyde and Johnson ran very well for the Texans.  

 

image.png.05728b2d1fffbc2746c08e9bb551ceec.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Myles said:

In the first half, I thought their O-line did great.   Halftime adjustment were made by the Saints and Houston was outcoached.  If they learn from it, they will be OK.  I also think that Watson is in the habit of waiting till he is under pressure before passing the ball.  Maybe because last season that was how every throw had to be.  Hyde and Johnson ran very well for the Texans.  

 

image.png.05728b2d1fffbc2746c08e9bb551ceec.png

 

 

Watson got sacked 3 times in the first half and had to go into the medical tent after taking a hit on the TD run. Kinda unrelated but after his last TD pass he took a hit too and he looked in pain. Gonna be a long season for him IMO...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bhougland said:

 

 

I am sorry if you thought you were narrowing the discussion of the thread, but the thread is about AFC South and last I checked we are in that division.  

 

Apology accepted.  And you are correct:  I did successfully narrow this particular discussion into a debate with Myles in regards to the Texan-Saint game.

 

Side discussions occur all the time on internet message boards.  Welcome to the internet.....is this your first time?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

 

Apology accepted.  And you are correct:  I did successfully narrow this particular discussion into a debate with Myles in regards to the Texan-Saint game.

 

Side discussions occur all the time on internet message boards.  Welcome to the internet.....is this your first time?  

 

If you are that offended then start your own thread.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Watson got sacked 3 times in the first half and had to go into the medical tent after taking a hit on the TD run. Kinda unrelated but after his last TD pass he took a hit too and he looked in pain. Gonna be a long season for him IMO...

Watson doesn't know how to handle when a team Blitzes.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think that same thing is being said by every team in the division.   I don't think the Colts scare anyone just like the rest of them.  

 

Houston has the best QB in the division.  Tenn has a pretty good all around team except QB.  Jax has a very good defense.  Indy has a pretty good all around team.  

 

 

 

It's up for grabs. Completely. I predict it comes down to December 29th... Colts at Jacksonville... Titans at Houston

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

 

Titans are underrated... 

 

Browns are overrated. 

I agree completely.  Last season the Titans were a top 5 defense (3rd in points, 8th in yards) and they improved that with signings and the draft.   They are currently leading the division.   I think this is an incredibly important game for the Colts.  With a tough schedule, digging out of a 0-2 hole could be too much.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Watson is going to have a hard time surviving the year.  The Jags are in trouble.  Mariotta doesn't worry me.  I'll take Brissett and our OL over the course of a long season.  I still see the Colts winning the division.  

I said last year that Watson would last the year but he did. We'll have to see this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, csmopar said:

Watson also came up limping multiple times and is reportedly having lower back pain. If the pace keeps up, and it won't, he's looking at being sacked nearly 100 times this season, and in addition, another 150-170 hits. No way he survives this season in tact.  Houston is doing to him the same thing Grigson did to Luck. 

Watson is basically the  Luck the sequel. He will b done soon the way his career is going.  Sustaining way to many hits

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

The Texans have the best QB in the division but the Titans are more desperate. Mariota and Vrabel jobs are on the line this year. I think the Titans win the division this year at 10-6. Texans finish the season 9-7. Jags 6-10 and the Colts 5-11. 

 

I doubt Vrabel's job is on the line after one season. Mariota's job on the other hand is on the line.

 

Also, there's no way this Colts roster is a 5 win team at it currently stands. Sure, if Brissett and other important players get hurt then anything is possible but with a healthy Brissett and roster, the Colts are not a 5 win team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

The Texans have the best QB in the division but the Titans are more desperate. Mariota and Vrabel jobs are on the line this year. I think the Titans win the division this year at 10-6. Texans finish the season 9-7. Jags 6-10 and the Colts 5-11. 

We may win 5 games just in the division. You are severely underrating them. I had us 8-8, maybe 9-7 so I am not saying we are SB contenders but 5 wins??

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We may win 5 games just in the division. You are severely underrating them. I had us 8-8, maybe 9-7 so I am not saying we are SB contenders but 5 wins??

Especially when JB won four with that bad team and bad coaching. If we only win five that means we don’t have any talent at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 8:07 AM, MacDee1975 said:

 

Houston gave the game away?!  NO dominated the second half, had a 3 point lead, the ball and first down with under 2 minutes left, and gave up two circus catches to suddenly find themselves behind 1 with 30 seconds left.  Had they lost, that would've been NO absolutely handing the game to Hou (like so many teams did to Hou last year.  Good to see their luck didn't carry over.)

 

NO absolutely played better than Houston in the 2H (I agree), but playing prevent the whole last series including playing extremely soft near the FG range mark, is IMO, giving it away. I hate when teams do that, especially against someone like Brees who can light them up underneath with chunk plays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 8:36 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we beat Tennessee at their place on Sunday and Brissett looks good again, I would say we should be favored to win the South through 2 weeks.

If Houston also beats the Jags, I think Houston would be favored.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • That's on the upper end of WR2 money. Gonna say their calcs are off lol... Pascal is a great depth guy, but IMO he's too much of a tweener. Runs great routes, but isn't fast, and lacks some of the measurables. If he was faster, he'd make a great slot or Z. If he were bigger, he'd make a great X. He's just caught in between as a small X or slow/big slot. I'd say he's more 3/4, than 4/5. I'd love to keep him as that 4 guy. Just my opinion, but I think he'd make a good possession slot. Burton is getting those reps now. Will be interesting to see the re-shuffle once Pittman gets back at X.
    • Yup. Has zero to do with race, and everything to do with his ability to read, progress, etc.. Good guy and all, just not very good. Wasn't really that good in college either. He's likely better off in another scheme to be honest where there is less focus on reads and progressions. Chud's O was probably better suited for him as it's more throw-to-spot, than read, progress, and make a bunch of decisions. But to bring race into the discussion is silly given most of the top QBs in the league (Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Prescott, Watson, etc.). Nobody cares about that.
    • https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/zach-pascal-22405/market-value/   i can’t believe Pascal’s perceived contract value is being shown at 8.4 million avg and 4yrs. That is a lot of money for a guy who really hasn’t put together an entire season or even really half of a season with numbers that make you feel he has more to his ceiling. He at times has made some plays and looked like is he breaking out and then he levels back out. He is a usable 4/5th receiver imho but nowhere near 8 million $/yr. wow! 
    • He wasn't horrible. He had the lowest completion rate of DBs in his limited time. He did look lost at times, but that's to be expected for a rook changing positions. Keep in mind Tell was a FS at USC, and converted to CB last year. He's built like a tall corner, so filling in for Moore at NB probably wasn't ideal. Can he play NB, IDK. He was never physical in college. He's also not fast (4.6ish). He did score well in agility in the shuttle though.   I really don't know where he'll fit. Not fast enough IMO to play CB1 or CB2. Not sure if he's physical enough to play NB or SS. Probably fine to play split safety in a two high. If he could toughen up, could be good at NB, dime, or SS, but he was never that guy in college. Perhaps a rona year hitting the weights will help. 
    • Brissett was given every opportunity to prove himself to the coaches and GM and he failed.  He's a good back up QB and that is where he is at.  He had 2 seasons and was given a huge pay check.   He is an average starter at best.   Bringing race into this discussion is stupid.   
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...