Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South

Myles

On 9/10/2019 at 6:25 PM, coltsfanatic24 said:

The Texans have the best QB in the division but the Titans are more desperate. Mariota and Vrabel jobs are on the line this year. I think the Titans win the division this year at 10-6. Texans finish the season 9-7. Jags 6-10 and the Colts 5-11. 

Vrabel isn't going anywhere, short of an epic collapse and losing season due to bad coaching, which is unlikely.  As for Mariota, it's a contract year.  Lead the Titans to the playoffs and get through the season with good stats and no significant injuries and he'll likely be back.  Win another playoff game and his future is assured.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:25 PM, coltsfanatic24 said:

The Texans have the best QB in the division but the Titans are more desperate. Mariota and Vrabel jobs are on the line this year. I think the Titans win the division this year at 10-6. Texans finish the season 9-7. Jags 6-10 and the Colts 5-11. 

Oh ridiculous

On 9/10/2019 at 7:38 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We may win 5 games just in the division. You are severely underrating them. I had us 8-8, maybe 9-7 so I am not saying we are SB contenders but 5 wins??

If Brissett looks good on Sunday i think we will be fine all season long. His main issues have been with the blitz. He will see a lot of that Sunday. If other teams copy sending pressure at him and hes learned how to navigate then that bodes really well i think

46 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I love Watson.  All the guy has done is win and I think he is a starting caliber Qb in the NFL.  He will be giving us trouble for the next 8 years

Watson is a fantastic QB. And HOU clearly has the advantage at QB in the division for the foreseeable future. I honestly have a hard time seeing the Colts beating them this year if they are healthy...but a lot can happen.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, krunk said:

If Brissett looks good on Sunday i think we will be fine all season long. His main issues have been with the blitz. He will see a lot of that Sunday. If other teams copy sending pressure at him and hes learned how to navigate then that bodes really well i think

Lewan is still suspended right? stop the run and force Mariota to make plays the game plan might be similar for them stop the run and force JB to make plays.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Titans get the chiefs at home while the colts and Texans have to play at arrowhead. How is that fair lol. All the afc south has a hard schedule. Titans also get the chargers at home. Seems they have a advantage with KC and LA at home.

It's a tough schedule because the AFCS plays the NFCS (NO, CAR, ATL) and AFCSW (KC, LAC) this year. Last year was much easier for everyone.

50 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would say the titans have the advantage with having the chiefs and chargers at home.

They do seem to have the advantage of the tough games being at home.   They have Atlanta on the road, but that is just a couple hour drive.   More reason this game is so important.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Myles said:

After this week, the Colts have 4/5 at home.  

That’s another reason we need this win. We could have a great record if we win this game. We could be 5-2 almost half way through the season. That puts us at 12-4 for the season. Nobody would of thought that after Luck. Last year that streak of home games let us get back into it.

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s another reason we need this win. We could have a great record if we win this game. We could be 5-2 almost half way through the season. That puts us at 12-4 for the season. Nobody would of thought that after Luck.

I know you're saying "could" but those are some really high expectations.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I know you're saying "could" but those are some really high expectations.

I agree.   I think a win this weekend could put a 10-6 season within reach.   That would be going 9-5 through the final 14 games.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We all thought we should win all our home games. That expectation shouldn’t change. If we can run the clock like we did against the chargers that KC might be pretty competitive.

I don't think all of us were saying that. I don't think we'll win all of our home games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I would say the titans have the advantage with having the chiefs and chargers at home.

Chargers, yes, it would be an advantage, not so much with the Chiefs.

Our schedule, home and away, lines up with the Texans consistently. Jaguars and Titans line up similarly. Jaguars and Titans get Chiefs and Chargers at home while the Texans have to go on the road to face the Chiefs and Chargers.

Same thing with Saints and Bucs, we play them on the road while playing Falcons and Panthers at home, like the Texans, but the Titans and Jags have it reversed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't think the Titans would win either one of those contests

At home I think they could win one.  Probably the Chargers game.   It isn't till Oct 20th.  

Their game before that are:

Jags

Falcons

Bills

Broncos

I think if they do OK, they may have the playoff push energy to compete in that Chargers game.   They also get the Saints at home.   Colts play at the Saints.   

Too early to tell.   We'll know more in a few days.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Our schedule, home and away, lines up with the Texans consistently. Jaguars and Titans line up similarly. Jaguars and Titans get Chiefs and Chargers at home while the Texans have to go on the road to face the Chiefs and Chargers.

Same thing with Saints and Bucs, we play them on the road while playing Falcons and Panthers at home, like the Texans, but the Titans and Jags have it reversed.

It certainly looks like it favors the Titans to get the Chiefs, Saints and Chargers at home, but to put another thought on it.

The Titans have to play away games at the Raiders, Broncos and Panthers where the Colts get those games at home.  3 games the Colts should be favored in and "should" win.  Playing those teams on the road makes them much less of a win.  

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

It certainly looks like it favors the Titans to get the Chiefs, Saints and Chargers at home, but to put another thought on it.

The Titans have to play away games at the Raiders, Broncos and Panthers where the Colts get those games at home.  3 games the Colts should be favored in and "should" win.  Playing those teams on the road makes them much less of a win.  

But based on talent level and looking at the strengths of the Titans, those road games should be in their favor except for a 50-50 push vs the Panthers, IMO.

When do they get Taylor Lewan back? Isn't it game 5? Once he comes back, their OL will be better too.

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

But based on talent level and looking at the strengths of the Titans, those road games should be in their favor except for a 50-50 push vs the Panthers, IMO.

When do they get Taylor Lewan back? Isn't it game 5? Once he comes back, their OL will be better too.

Yes game five.

Looks like the Titans might be without their RG for the colts game also.

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They should be, but playing on the road evens it out a bit more.   

Just guessing here of course.   If the Titans played at home vs on the road I'd pick these winners:

Raiders at Titans - Titans

Titans at Raiders - Raiders

Broncos at Titans - Titans

Titans at Broncos - Titans

Panthers at Titans - Titans

Titans at Panthers - Panthers

That would be a 1-2 record on the road and a 3-0 record at home.

Of course that is just my guesses.  

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Other way around. Chargers play well on the road, since every game is pretty much a road game anyways. Home field advantage exists more with the Chiefs since it's super loud

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 8:03 AM, MacDee1975 said:

Not a chance in hell Houston wins 11 games.  Their defense sucks, their offensive line sucks.  They lost, so that means you think they'll go 11-4 the remainder of the way?  Have you seen their schedule?  They actually have to play real qbs this year, unlike last year.  And God help them if Hopkins ever gets injured and misses significant time.

If Houston is so bad, hopefully that means the Saints are bad enough to where we can beat them lol

15 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

Yeah, because saying they’ll win fewer than 11 games against a tough schedule is me saying they are “so bad”.

Just making a joke dude, calm down. Just poking fun at the Saints.

I’m sorry I can’t read your mind and I don’t know every single detail about what you think Houston will be like this year.

:hide:

On 9/12/2019 at 9:34 AM, waka waka said:

Lewan is still suspended right? stop the run and force Mariota to make plays the game plan might be similar for them stop the run and force JB to make plays.

Stopping the run is easier said that done this week.  That being said, both teams have the exact same problem trying to corral elite backs.

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Have they ever moved a game because of excessive heat? The heat can index is going to be well over 100. That seems like that could be really dangerous to the players. I was thinking moving it to a night game.

No.  Of coarse not.   Have they ever moved a game because  it was 30 below zero.   It's football.   My goodness

On 9/12/2019 at 1:31 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Sunday the titans are honoring Steve McNair and Eddie George. Half the playoff teams from last year lost week one last week. Four division leaders lost week one.

This week is extremely important for the Titans franchise.  Yes, McNair's and George's numbers will be retired at halftime.  I saw George at a non-profit event this week and he's trying to soak in everything since his departure from the club wasn't what anyone would have hoped (shipped off to Dallas for a wasted year).

But its not too much to say how the season will play out depends on this game.  When the Titans were in training camp, everyone circled this game since the Colts kept the Titans out of the playoffs on the last game of last season.  And we expected to go up again Luck, like Don Quiote against a proverbial windmill.  Now Luck is retired and this team has beaten Brissett before.  But then our O-line is shuffled like a shoe in Vegas with Lewan on suspension, Pamphile injured and Dennis Kelly, who normally subs on RT is now having play LT.

If the Titans win, that puts them firmly in command of the division with some winnable games into the interior of the season.  Lose, and its anyone's ball game again.  What fans are worried about is repeat of last year where we beat some teams no one expected on the schedule (Patriots and Eagles) and turned around and inexplicably lost to Buffalo and had that weird season opener at Miami where Mariota and Delanie Walker both went down with serious injuries.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sevenfeet said:

This week is extremely important for the Titans franchise.  Yes, McNair's and George's numbers will be retired at halftime.  I saw George at a non-profit event this week and he's trying to soak in everything since his departure from the club wasn't what anyone would have hoped (shipped off to Dallas for a wasted year).

But its not too much to say how the season will play out depends on this game.  When the Titans were in training camp, everyone circled this game since the Colts kept the Titans out of the playoffs on the last game of last season.  And we expected to go up again Luck, like Don Quiote against a proverbial windmill.  Now Luck is retired and this team has beaten Brissett before.  But then our O-line is shuffled like a shoe in Vegas with Lewan on suspension, Pamphile injured and Dennis Kelly, who normally subs on RT is now having play LT.

If the Titans win, that puts them firmly in command of the division with some winnable games into the interior of the season.  Lose, and its anyone's ball game again.

Big game, if Brissett wins than he carries the torch that Peyton and Luck had. It is a huge game I admit. You guys should build a statue for McNair or have you already? I am not sure? He split a League MVP with Peyton in 2003 and led you to a SB in 1999. You were a yard away from sending that SB to OT. McNair was awesome.