Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South

Myles

How do you think the Colts division will be?  I think the Jags are done with Foles out.   Maybe 6-7 wins.  The Tians looked good.  We will see next week.  I think they may be a 9-11 win team.   Houston looks good tonight.  The O-line is much improved and Hyde is good.  9-11 wins for them too.  Colts are a tough pick, but I think 7-10 wins.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

How do you think the Colts division will be?  I think the Jags are done with Foles out.   Maybe 6-7 wins.  The Tians looked good.  We will see next week.  I think they may be a 9-11 win team.   Houston looks good tonight.  The O-line is much improved and Hyde is good.  9-11 wins for them too.  Colts are a tough pick, but I think 7-10 wins.

Houston gave up 6 sacks and ungodly and a number of QB hits. That’s not much improved at all. And they gave up 2 1st rounders and a 2nd.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

Houston gave up 6 sacks and ungodly and a number of QB hits. That’s not much improved at all. And they gave up 2 1st rounders and a 2nd.

When NO blitzed, the Texans didn't adjust, but most of the plays created running lanes and gave Watson time.  Watson needs to learn to use the extra time to make good decisions.  He almost looks like he waits till there is pressure to throw.  

19 minutes ago, Myles said:

Watson was sacked 6 times

3 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

I think the Titans and the Texans are gonna battle for the division while we fight the loser for a wild card spot.  The team is strong don't mistake me, but I think we'll lose a couple more key games this season simply due to the fact that we're carrying a lot of youth right niw

I think you'll end up finding out we are better than all of them.  Jags, Hou, and Tenn.

• Like 7

We will find out next week. Mariotta isn’t Rivers. We have to stop the screen plays. We are in a great spot playing the titans Sunday. We are going to most likely score points against the Texans. I don’t like playing our rookies at corner and safety with Hopkins. They can strike quick. The sacks on Watson don’t even matter because he makes more plays while out of the pocket.

Just watched what may be the game of the year between Houston and New Orleans. Houston looked very impressive, more so than I thought they could be. The Saints & Brees worked their very ending magic to pull it off. If this was any indication of what the Texans are going to do this year look out. 

• Like 6

I am still very concerned with our run defense. At least until sheard comes back. With mariotta not being a elite QB hopefully that will help. We have to get more pressure from inside the dline not just on the edge. 

The game tonight looked like two heavy weights going toe to toe. Wonder who Houston plays next week.

Definitely got a shot in this division. I'm not buying Hou/Tenn will runaway with it while we tread water.

Cleveland is still Cleveland, regardless of the moves they've made so meh on Tenns win. Houston lost and Jags have a rookie QB who will struggle (like they all do).

We absolutely have a shot at the division. Will be a fun season.

Not saying we're winning it all, but I don't see our division as a division that has a NE type team in it where you know who's winning it.

TN looked very good. Our DL is going to be tested this weekend. TN's OL is rated 4th best (we're 5th) by PFF. While Mariota doesn't scare me, he was very effective on the road in a noisy hyped stadium.

Houston gave that game away in NO. Even getting sacked 6 times, Watson still had a better QBR than Brees.

Minshew IMO played very well given the situation for the Jags. I wouldn't count them out, but yes, it hurts losing Foles.

In short, I like our chances, but I don't think any of the three are weak. This weekend means a lot and will answer a lot of questions IMO.

I kinda feel the same way I did before week 1.

Titans have a solid roster top to bottom. Texans, while they have some protection issues, have the best QB in the division. And the Jags have a great defense (Chiefs can carve up anybody).

They all have question marks (Mariota's health, Watson surviving behind the line, Jags QB questions) but we have question marks too. No team is considerably weak and nobody really stands out from the rest as of right now.

• Like 1

I’m not putting much stock into Tennessee destroying Cleveland. They got to beat us down next week for me to believe them. I still think Vrabel is average at best, as is Mariota. 

Remember, Jacksonville destroyed New England last year in week 2. Don’t put too much stock on early season beat downs.

I watched the Jacksonville game. And they were terribly undisciplined once again. Which contributed to their loss.

However, I wouldn't be too quick to count them out just yet...

Their defense is stacked from front to back and,

Rookie QB Gardner Minshew was really impressive after Foles went down.

I also flipped back and forth watching the Titans. They looked good, but not great.

It was more that Cleveland just melted down and self- destructed. Committing 18 penalties...

Typical Tennessee team. Strong running game, good tackling defense, decent pass rush with Cameron Wake. But they are very beatable. 

• Like 1

it would kill me if Minshew turned out to be a 6th round Tom Brady! He is from this area - Spokane, while he played at WSU/Pullman, WA. He is very disciplined in the short passing game but not a great arm. Good guy, I wish him well...as in a lot of 2nd place finishes to the Colts.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I just watched the browns and titans. Mariotta did not look great. Half the highlights were missed passes. Mayfield turning the ball over gave them short fields. Titans have a good punter and have chris Milton. If we punt a lot that could be a issue getting field position. AJ Brown could be a problem.

Lol... So now we have to worry about Chris Milton!

Jags are in trouble, were before because Foles is inconsistant but Minshew and his great year last season is a product of Mike Leach and Wash St great system (Look at his numbers at East carolina for 3 seasons before transfering, now look at Luke Fulk who started in 2017 and Anthony Gordon who leads NCAA is passing this season for the Cougars). They needed to sign a vet like Cassill or Osweiler and traded for Josh Dobbs ?  Thats tanking right there.

Texans O Line is a mess as shown tonight, Watson is already hurt with a lower back issue. Hyde isnt a top 50 rb, big drop from Miller who was a Pro Bowler and their D was torn to shreds tonite, no Clowney hurts and how long can Watt hold up with all the focus on him now ? 

I always thought the Titans would be our biggest threat but Mariotta wont stay healthy and Tannehill never learned how to truly play QB, he cant read D and make protection adjustments. They will try and grind out low scoring wins by running Henry and wearing down D lines, the margain for error for teams that cant score is slim. A.J. Brown may shine in some games, guy is a talent but still a rookie wide out.

52 minutes ago, IinD said:

Definitely got a shot in this division. I'm not buying Hou/Tenn will runaway with it while we tread water.

Cleveland is still Cleveland, regardless of the moves they've made so meh on Tenns win. Houston lost and Jags have a rookie QB who will struggle (like they all do).

We absolutely have a shot at the division. Will be a fun season.

Not saying we're winning it all, but I don't see our division as a division that has a NE type team in it where you know who's winning it.

We don't  have a shot at nothing until we know if vinatieri  had a bad game or has completely lost it

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We don't  have a shot at nothing until we know if vinatieri  had a bad game or has completely lost it

That's true. I honestly didn't even factor him in.

Let's hope it was a hiccup, bad first day at work.

We definitely aren't good enough to give away points this year.

4 hours ago, Myles said:

When NO blitzed, the Texans didn't adjust, but most of the plays created running lanes and gave Watson time.  Watson needs to learn to use the extra time to make good decisions.  He almost looks like he waits till there is pressure to throw.  

I've been saying this for a while. But Watson holds ball to long But this one guy I think on ESPN picked Watson to win the MVP total Bologna. 

I don't expect the Jaguars can keep up with the others with that backup QB. Minshew is actually a funny guy, I like him as a person. But for me, he didn't prove anything yet. He didn't have to do more than a high school QB on sunday. He had all day to throw withouth pressure, to open guys. That Chiefs defense looked atrocious. I don't know whether it was because the new DC / new system / many new faces, or they'll continue to be this bad, but on sunday they didn't look like an NFL defense. The Jaguars defence will put it together though. They are not this bad, actually they are still good imo. How good, is a good question. I see potential big problems there due to lack of depth and quality at some positions. You can have 2 elite corners if your 3rd corner or safety can't cover a turtle. But they only need an LB and maybe one guy in the secondary to step up, and then they can still be very good.

The Titans looked good. Not as good as the score board indicates (the game was quite close till the 4th quarter, then the Browns simply quit), but they played well. And - it's one game so small sample - but I saw Mariota being used better than any of their OC used him quite a while. Much better than LaFleur did last year. So if they can figure out how to use Henry and Mariota, it can be a decent offense, because the OL is good, they have good receivers now, and Walker looked like he is still himself. And their defense looked disciplined and ready. They don't have huge superstars there, but they have many good players and they have depth. They might be better this season than many people (including me) thought.

The Texans. Well, Watson is deatly, if defenses allow him to target his receivers with deep balls. He has the arm strenght and become an accurate deep thrower by now to take advantage of that. However, I still saw the same offense, which, if those deep targets are taken off of the map, can be limited like it was in last december/january. Especially, if their running game will not be as effective as - surprisingly - it was yesterday. And their defense didn't get any better neither.

Of course it's week1, so everything can change in 2-3 weeks, so we will see.

9 hours ago, IndySouthsider said:

Considering the Dolphins are tanking, that LT trade really worked well for them. With those picks they can get a good QB and another good LT possibly. I’d hate to be a Miami fan right now, but at least they’re tanking properly I suppose.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Myles said:

Not a chance in hell Houston wins 11 games.  Their defense sucks, their offensive line sucks.  They lost, so that means you think they'll go 11-4 the remainder of the way?  Have you seen their schedule?  They actually have to play real qbs this year, unlike last year.  And God help them if Hopkins ever gets injured and misses significant time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, EastStreet said:

TN looked very good. Our DL is going to be tested this weekend. TN's OL is rated 4th best (we're 5th) by PFF. While Mariota doesn't scare me, he was very effective on the road in a noisy hyped stadium.

Houston gave that game away in NO. Even getting sacked 6 times, Watson still had a better QBR than Brees.

Minshew IMO played very well given the situation for the Jags. I wouldn't count them out, but yes, it hurts losing Foles.

In short, I like our chances, but I don't think any of the three are weak. This weekend means a lot and will answer a lot of questions IMO.

Houston gave the game away?!  NO dominated the second half, had a 3 point lead, the ball and first down with under 2 minutes left, and gave up two circus catches to suddenly find themselves behind 1 with 30 seconds left.  Had they lost, that would've been NO absolutely handing the game to Hou (like so many teams did to Hou last year.  Good to see their luck didn't carry over.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

Just watched what may be the game of the year between Houston and New Orleans. Houston looked very impressive, more so than I thought they could be. The Saints & Brees worked their very ending magic to pull it off. If this was any indication of what the Texans are going to do this year look out. 

I hope so.  Their OL and defense look terrible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Houston gave the game away?!  NO dominated the second half, had a 3 point lead, the ball and first down with under 2 minutes left, and gave up two circus catches to suddenly find themselves behind 1 with 30 seconds left.  Had they lost, that would've been NO absolutely handing the game to Hou (like so many teams did to Hou last year.  Good to see their luck didn't carry over.)

Houston dominated the 1st half.   There are 2 half to play.  Each team looked great in one of them.   I thought Houston looked pretty good overall.   

9 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Titans are favorites. They are underrated. 

I don't know if they are so much underrated or if the Browns are just simply overrated.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Houston dominated the 1st half.   There are 2 half to play.  Each team looked great in one of them.   I thought Houston looked pretty good overall.   

Overrated...

19 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

QBR mean 0 when you lose.