Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
colt18

To all the Malik Hooker haters

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Nuts.  The Chargers moved the ball at will, in part, because good NFL offenses don't rely upon the deep ball like they used to, so there is not much need to invest much capital in a ball hawking centerfielder.  That player is only a bit more impactful as Farley.  

And at the moment the pic took place, I noticed that Rivers threw the ball late.  Of course, the actual professional commentators were a bit behind me in noticing that, but I'm glad they pointed it out.

Great catch (maybe lucky one handed snatch?).  Few would make that play.  And it gave us a chance to win.  Kudos. But its pretty much a standard fact that if a QB waits too long to throw the ball in a crowded middle part of the field, an interception is not uncommon.

That ball was very late.  I noticed that as well.  Hooker did catch it though instead of just knocking it down.  

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Not sure anyone can hate on that 

Oh yeah? Hold my beer...

Decent catch - Hookers right-handed. All of my flag football INTs were done with my left hand to up the difficulty factor. Total waste of a 1st round pick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This thread is weird. 

Let me lay down some facts

1. It was an amazing play

2. In the context of the game it was a huge moment 

Thank you

Goodnight 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deedub75 said:

That ball was very late.  I noticed that as well.  Hooker did catch it though instead of just knocking it down.  

Geathers didn't appear to even see the ball. One guy has amazing ball skills, the other is more of a wrecking ball.

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

giphy.gif

Believe me, if I'm outraged, you'll know it.  There will be no pretending.  (Also, there will be a lot more emojis than usual)  :funny:

I know you will.  You have a history of gnawing on a bone until there's nothing left.  :sigh:

Really?   I certainly don't go out of my way to find the bones.  If someone wants to toss a bone in my direction, I'll express my opinion.....even if they keep tossing it in my direction.    

Gnawing on a bone would be me starting a thread saying "To all of the Malik Hooker LOVERS" when he makes a bad play.  Then calling the lovers ignorant in the process.

I think threads like this are helpful.  It helps people identify how fake outrage and strawman statements are used as a tactic, and how they are unhelpful towards maintaining a friendly, diverse community.

4 hours ago, Superman said:

At what point do we stop talking about the draft capital spent three years ago on a playmaker?

Apparently, not until several pounds of flesh have been extracted. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

As far as I know, MIA and WSH stink, and PIT kinda stinks.  In part, because they have outdated offenses?

As far as I'm concerned, in order to win playoff games in the NFL in modern times...last 5 years....you need to devote all seven back-seven players to stop the short to medium throws, not just 6.

Maybe you blame it on Eb for how he is playing Hooker, but i thought he had been totally ineffective up to the point of the int.
 He helped to take NOTHING away from anyone. He only showed up late to make sure the tackle was made AFTER our players had been beaten. 
 Willis can be That guy soon, very soon.
 No sign yet he has the smarts of Ed Reed, Earl Thomas, Weddle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colt18 said:

Lmao at this thread being about a single person , I don’t post enough to be familiar with a single posters opinion

You cant deny Hookers talent. He gives us a chance against any QB and would’ve greatly helped us against Mahomes last postseason. There’s a lot of posters here who pointed at his lack of interceptions last year as proof of him not being that good, but it’s clear that many of you don’t really understand football. The presence of a ball hawking safety like Hooker is damn near invaluable, check his stats last year QBs don’t try him often and that itself changes the game. If his performance in week 1 against one of the best slingers in the game is indicative of this season, I think he’s on his way to having a great season.

I didn't see him make a single read and come up or over to make a play on Any Pass the whole game. He was late EVERY time. Nice job. 
Kudos to him for staying in the middle to be able to break up a pass there. Yip, how about dem gloves, that Int.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, colt18 said:

Now do you see why we missed Hooker so much last season? It’s insane how many of you were ignorant of his impact on this defense...

Dont get me started because as of late, all of my Views which seemes incorrect 2 weeks ago are correct now. Including (before retirement) some folks against paying zeke, but would rather pay AL wherever. Turns out AL retires 2 days later. I said Players ala Zeke, AB going to Patriots, and "PATRIOTS HAVE WON THE SUPERBOWL". Some called me crazy then, 2 weeks later, I dropped the scoop on this board.

I remember debating Superman, IrishColtsFan, and an electrician amongst others. EVERYTHING i said 2 weeks ago has come to pass. Eat that!

Last year I said Vinnaterri is done after the KC game. I said he lost the game for us, many fans disagreed then, after the Chargers game (1st game of the year) he missed everything again. 

Brings me to Hooker, I named Malik a blue chipper or difference maker on this team, before year started, and some were still skeptical. Probably the same people wanting Kelley over JB. Smh lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

I didn't see him make a single read and come up or over to make a play on Any Pass the whole game. He was late EVERY time. Nice job. 
Kudos to him for staying in the middle to be able to break up a pass there. Yip, how about dem gloves, that Int.

Clearly, someone didn’t watch the game.

I can imagine that play is going to have a lot of QB thinking twice about throwing if he is in the area.

9 hours ago, colt18 said:

I would’ve tagged him if it was about him.

6 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Brings me to Hooker, I named Malik a blue chipper or difference maker on this team, before year started, and some were still skeptical. Probably the same people wanting Kelley over JB. Smh lol

:scratch:

Ok, who are you guys talking about?  @colt18 you already said it's not @DougDew, so who else has been skeptical of Hooker?

I can't think of one member that's been a vocal skeptic concerning Malik...  I've actually seen the opposite.  It seems to be the unanimous opinion that everyone is pretty high on Malik Hooker, both Colts fans and professionals in the football world.

7 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

I said Players ala Zeke, AB going to Patriots, and "PATRIOTS HAVE WON THE SUPERBOWL".

Did you forget to finish this sentence?  Did you forget a verb or something somewhere?  What are you saying?  If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their @$$!  :P

7 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

I remember debating Superman, IrishColtsFan, and an electrician amongst others.

Who is IrishColtsFan?  Are you talking about me?  Do you know how to @ people, @Rackeen305?

6 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

EVERYTHING i said 2 weeks ago has come to pass. Eat that!

Not really.

It was already explained to you that comparing paying a RB and a QB top money is an apples-to-oranges comparison.

And since Zeke ran for 53 yards on 13 carries (4.1 avg), while Mack ran for 174 on 25 carries (7 avg), it seems like paying Zeke top money would have been a colossal waste considering the production we're getting from Mack.  And if you wanted to trade away draft picks to acquire Zeke, and then pay him top money for worse production than Mack, that would just be downright foolish.  :sip:

That interception put Hooker’s name into the national consciousness. It was the number 2 play on ESPN’s top 10 despite coming in a loss.  I don’t know how much play it got on NFL Network but I imagine it got good coverage.  I think he’s gonna have a big year and make the pro bowl. 

Lastly, no NFL Network sucks.  I have AT&T U-Verse & having to sit through Vikings/Falcons with no other football options was miserable.  So much so, I’m thinking about changing providers...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Did you forget to finish this sentence?  Did you forget a verb or something somewhere?  What are you saying?  If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their @$$!  :P

Who is IrishColtsFan?  Are you talking about me?  Do you know how to @ people, @Rackeen305?

Not really.

It was already explained to you that comparing paying a RB and a QB top money is an apples-to-oranges comparison.

And since Zeke ran for 53 yards on 13 carries (4.1 avg), while Mack ran for 174 on 25 carries (7 avg), it seems like paying Zeke top money would have been a colossal waste considering the production we're getting from Mack.  And if you wanted to trade away draft picks to acquire Zeke, and then pay him top money for worse production than Mack, that would just be downright foolish.  :sip:

Lol love it! #Colts

Best interception I've ever seen!

However, up to that point, he did not have a great game.  In fact, I'd say it wasn't even a good game.  Re-watch the game and focus on him.  You may have to find a coaches view.  He was out of position and late to the receiver quite often. 

No one played particularly well in the secondary and its hard to say whether he was trying to clean up someone else's mess but couldn't quite get there.  Either way, he didn't look that good from what I could see. 

2 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Well Rivers respects his athleticism now after that play

That just showed his instincts, range plus his tremendous ball skills all in one play. That is why he was drafted high. Hes just a rare talent.

I dont know how many safeties in the league make that play, but it isn't more than a few. I like to think hes the only one who could make that play.

• Like 2

Hooker is a great safety. I got my Hooker jersey early in his rookie season because I was confident he was going to be outstanding. just like in '99 when I got my Mike Peterson jersy before he ever played a game. Oh, and this past August, what jersey did I get? Chad Kelly.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:31 AM, DougDew said:

Nuts.  The Chargers moved the ball at will, in part, because good NFL offenses don't rely upon the deep ball like they used to, so there is not much need to invest much capital in a ball hawking centerfielder.  That player is only a bit more impactful as Farley.  

And at the moment the pic took place, I noticed that Rivers threw the ball late.  Of course, the actual professional commentators were a bit behind me in noticing that, but I'm glad they pointed it out.

Great catch (maybe lucky one handed snatch?).  Few would make that play.  And it gave us a chance to win.  Kudos. But its pretty much a standard fact that if a QB waits too long to throw the ball in a crowded middle part of the field, an interception is not uncommon.

Hard to say which part of your observation is the lamest.   Rivers was late with the throw???  Sure, now that we know Hooker could reach it.  Look at the play again and watch the receiver.  He's actually IN THE AIR expecting to catch it.  Few could make that play???  It was a completion for a TD against ANY OTHER d-back in the NFL.  Even Ed Reed wouldn't have gotten to it.  Lucky one-handed catch???   See Russell Wilson's tipped pass.  See his insane one-handed catches against the machine.  See his one hander against Darnold and at practice.  Watch his one-handed catches in high school.  He'll do it again and again.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Ne-Ca-Higher said:

Hard to say which part of your observation is the lamest.   Rivers was late with the throw???  Sure, now that we know Hooker could reach it.  Look at the play again and watch the receiver.  He's actually IN THE AIR expecting to catch it.  Few could make that play???  It was a completion for a TD against ANY OTHER d-back in the NFL.  Even Ed Reed wouldn't have gotten to it.  Lucky one-handed catch???   See Russell Wilson's tipped pass.  See his insane one-handed catches against the machine.  See his one hander against Darnold and at practice.  Watch his one-handed catches in high school.  He'll do it again and again.

Doug doesn't like Hooker,  so he takes every chance to try to drown grade him.   Pay him no attention,   he is always wrong

• Thanks 1