What If Peyton Called Jim?

oldunclemark

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are welcome to think or more realisticly hope for whatever you would like but if you look at what's going on with the Colts and Manning there is little to no evidence to support either side having second thoughts about this. They have moved on from each other. They had several months to figure out if this was really what they wanted to do and generally when you think that hard about something you don't change your mind.

Also remember the reports that came out right after this happened was that Irsay was the one who made the decision to go with the new QB. If Irsay has his mind made up it wouldn't matter how bad Peyton wants to come back Irsay wont sign him. Like I said I honestly think Peyton would have played with 52 undrafted free agents had the Colts asked him to if it ment he had gotten to retire a Colt. I think it was that important to Manning. However, I think Irsay made the call for several reasons that have been well documented that I don't think I need to waste everyone's time by rehashing that it was time to move on from Peyton Manning.

Again feel free to hope for whatever you would like but you are just setting yourself up to be let down when he does sign with a new team and frankly giving a bit of false hope to some others out there that this has a chance of happening. When you cut a player in the NFL they don't come back to you two weeks later and work out a deal. If they are going to come back to you that contract is already in place before you release them and they just turn around and sign it. That's how business works in the NFL.