What If Peyton Called Jim?

oldunclemark

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what it takes... please "BRING BACK PEYTON". This is His State, His City, His Home and Dog Gone It His House He Built. He belongs here and should finish out his excellent career as a Indianapolis Colt, and not in somebody else's franchise. Please make this happen again Mr. Irsay if your reading this. If Peyton signs somewhere else it will never feel like home to him no matter what. I know I'm just a small voice and I don't make the business decisions for the franchise nor do I cut the paychecks... but I'm one of the many millions of people that put money in your pocket. Like others have said, you brought Reggie Wayne back. Please do it for Peyton and the millions of fans. As you said in your vehicle last Tues. night after getting off the plane and the media wanted a quick chat. "We're Gonna Make It Right"

Tell 'em ICH...

He hasn't signed with John Elway yet...There's still time

Mark just let it go

I remember late in the season, everyone wrote Manning off from playing the 2011 season except you and you insisted he would come back the last week. You're grasping at straws. He is not coming back. Everyone else for the most part is excited about the off season talking about free agents, other teams moves, potential free agents and then there is this.

Mark just let it go

^^^^This

I second that. Yes, we dont need to drag the names of the players we let go through the dirt (Peyton or anyone) by deriding them especially when they meant so much to so many including me and the community. But at the same time, we have to eventually consider them as water under the bridge.

Mark just let it go

I remember late in the season, everyone wrote Manning off from playing the 2011 season except you and you insisted he would come back the last week. You're grasping at straws. He is not coming back. Everyone else for the most part is excited about the off season talking about free agents, other teams moves, potential free agents and then there is this.

But Mark's talking about the best FA on the market right now. ;) Nothing wrong with a little optimism. It'd probably be the Colts best chance for success in 2012, if not down the road.

I'm just saying what I believe others are thinking when they see PM on TV

no one is thinking that mark. please let it go. we are all begging you.

saying this thread was "just for fun" makes it sad and pathetic. :( im sorry dude.

I don't care what it takes... please "BRING BACK PEYTON". This is His State, His City, His Home and Dog Gone It His House He Built. He belongs here and should finish out his excellent career as a Indianapolis Colt, and not in somebody else's franchise. Please make this happen again Mr. Irsay if your reading this. If Peyton signs somewhere else it will never feel like home to him no matter what. I know I'm just a small voice and I don't make the business decisions for the franchise nor do I cut the paychecks... but I'm one of the many millions of people that put money in your pocket. You were able to bring Reggie Wayne back. Please do it for Peyton and the millions of fans. As you said in your vehicle last Tues. night after getting off the plane and the media wanted a quick chat. "We're Gonna Make It Right"

I know you didn't mean it like that but "his dog".

lmao

As you said in your vehicle last Tues. night after getting off the plane and the media wanted a quick chat. "We're Gonna Make It Right"

wow, you really misheard that quote. that, or you didn't want to hear what he really said. it was "we're gonna do this right". meaning, we're not gonna announce me being cut tonight in a car at the stupid airport.

'

He wont but he could..

..and it would, sure shake up the NFL//

^^LOL!!! Wouldn't it though??? Oh the confusion and the discussions and the hay day the NFL channel (not to mention other media) would have with that!! You're right though, it will never happen...but it's amusing to think about how that would play out. Thanks for the chuckle!

Guys, he is not going to sign for vet minimum. This is Peyton Manning we are talking about. While he loves football, I can hardly imagine he is willing to sign and put his neck/health on the line for chump change compared to what someone else is willing to throw at him. Sorry, but it just is not going to happen. It is sad, but we need to embrace this thing. We are entering a new era of football, and when we draft presumably Andrew Luck, we need to support him like we did Peyton.

sorry to say but if the 4 teams ineterested in him offer him vet minimum or close to it, its either sign and play for that or retire of course id love for the ladder part of that lol.

As of this Wednesday night..the Colts have, i believe a grand total of ZERO quarterbacks under contract..

..and an old country boy who used to live in Indy....is roaming the nation

looking for work...

I know the 'sheriff' has 'the boss's number..

..what if he makes a last minute, late night call and says:

The more I try to make up my mind, the more I think about my 14 years in Indy.

I saw where you resigned my man Reggie....so I know you're thinking about the good old days.

That $28 mil hit is gone....I'll work cheap..

....You SURE you dont want me?

AndHereWeGo.gif

As of this Wednesday night..the Colts have, i believe a grand total of ZERO quarterbacks under contract..

looking for work...

I saw where you resigned my man Reggie....so I know you're thinking about the good old days.

Peyton would never come back to the Colts in a QB situation. He was thrown to the wind.

Well, I for one am not really interested in whether PM will return (seems like a no brainer that he'll sign with another team), but am intrigued on whether he will come back to the Colts with a management position ( sorta like Elway in Denver, or Kelly in Buffalo), even if he signs with the Titans - since Bud Adams ( who is IMO a complete wacko) offered him a management job! Always thought Manning would be calling the shots for the Colts one day, even if he wasn't behind center... I would be really disappointed if he never came back to this organization :( Any thoughts?

Well, I for one am not really interested in whether PM will return (seems like a no brainer that he'll sign with another team), but am intrigued on whether he will come back to the Colts with a management position ( sorta like Elway in Denver, or Kelly in Buffalo), even if he signs with the Titans - since Bud Adams ( who is IMO a complete wacko) offered him a management job! Always thought Manning would be calling the shots for the Colts one day, even if he wasn't behind center... I would be really disappointed if he never came back to this organization :( Any thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing when I read those comments from Adams. I really hope that if Manning goes into a front office position after retiring that it's with the Colts. No matter what happens in the next 3-4 years he'll always be a Colt. The only other possibility I could see would him joining the staff of the University of Tennessee.

Since we're off topic a little bit, I also think Manning should choose a different number to wear with his new team. He was #16 as a Vol, #18 as a Colt so I think there should be a new number for his new team. Personally I'm thinking #14 (18, 16, 14) or #17 (16, 17, 18) so there's some sort of pattern. :)

It's possible (though very unlikely) that Peyton would do that. And if he did, I'm sure Irsay would welcome him back at the right price. However, Peyton's best chance to win a Super Bowl in the next 2 or 3 years isn't in Indy. Honestly, it would be in San Fran...but out of the teams that have shown the most interest, it is probably Denver

looking for work...

I am not sure what to say.

I was thinking the same thing when I read those comments from Adams. I really hope that if Manning goes into a front office position after retiring that it's with the Colts. No matter what happens in the next 3-4 years he'll always be a Colt. The only other possibility I could see would him joining the staff of the University of Tennessee.

Since we're off topic a little bit, I also think Manning should choose a different number to wear with his new team. He was #16 as a Vol, #18 as a Colt so I think there should be a new number for his new team. Personally I'm thinking #14 (18, 16, 14) or #17 (16, 17, 18) so there's some sort of pattern. :)

How about #12? The pattern is 18 - 2*1 = 16, 16 - 2*2 = 12

Just messing with ya :). #18 is not available with Denver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Broncos#Retired_numbers) - it is retired for Frank Tripucka. Maybe it is time for the Tripucka family to make some money :).

I frankly think he might honor Unitas and wear #19 if he goes to Denver.

looking for work...

Yes thier is a QB on the roster, we will draft one in april and thier is no reason to bring peyton back....just let it go...

Hopefully he does come into the Colts front office, (I think #8 for a jersey number btw :P), and I could see why he might think about doing so with the Vols. What I don't like are pundits saying that this front office deal Adams is making has an effect of Manning. He would only have played there for 2-3 years after all!! It's like Montana devoting the rest of his life to the Chiefs :D

looking for work...

What is crazy to me is that I tweeted Isay this evening stating "I support the rebuild 100% but you and Peyton should have one final business talk." and I literally just now saw this post.

It has nothing to do with the different situations. Its the fact that you just ignore everything people tell you but you repeatably ask what others think. Manning is gone, he's not coming back and its obvious. There wouldn't have been the tearful press conference if there was even a 00000000000000.1% that he would be back. It's over! As far as your other thread, everybody kept trying to explain to you why they would resign Reggie and Mathis and you wouldn't hear any of it. Just kept going on and on about it not making sense even though it makes total sense.

All those zeros are unnecessary. You could have just put .1%.