Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If Peyton Called Jim?

oldunclemark

As of this Wednesday night..the Colts have, i believe a grand total of ZERO quarterbacks under contract..

..and an old country boy who used to live in Indy....is roaming the nation

looking for work...

I know the 'sheriff' has 'the boss's number..

..what if he makes a last minute, late night call and says:

The more I try to make up my mind, the more I think about my 14 years in Indy.

I saw where you resigned my man Reggie....so I know you're thinking about the good old days.

That $28 mil hit is gone....I'll work cheap..

....You SURE you dont want me?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see Manning retire as a Colt but at this point I think it's pretty safe to say that it's not gonna happen. ;) You keep holding on to that last remaining hope though Markie....at least until Peyton's contract with his new team is finally inked. Or then will we be assuming the new team trades him back to Indy? :P

I would love to see Manning retire as a Colt but at this point I think it's pretty safe to say that it's not gonna happen. ;) You keep holding on to that last remaining hope though Markie....at least until Peyton's contract with his new team is finally inked. Or then will we be assuming the new team trades him back to Indy? :P

You keep holding onto that hope, too...

I'm just saying what a lot of us are thinking,..

Guys, he is not going to sign for vet minimum. This is Peyton Manning we are talking about. While he loves football, I can hardly imagine he is willing to sign and put his neck/health on the line for chump change compared to what someone else is willing to throw at him. Sorry, but it just is not going to happen. It is sad, but we need to embrace this thing. We are entering a new era of football, and when we draft presumably Andrew Luck, we need to support him like we did Peyton.

somewhat of a package deal....I'm not the only one who's thinking about getting getting the ham back together with the cheese :shake:

How many wide receivers like to be known as a "package deal".

Jesus, Mark.

Even when Peyton signs with his new team you will think he could be traded here.

Mark, I'll give you this much, you have the uncanny ability to let absolutely everything you see and hear go completely ignored and refuse to let information into your head. You have to be one of the most stubborn people on the entire face of the planet. If you are the same way with every aspect of your life the way you are about the Colts, then it must be the most incredibly frustrating situation for your family I can imagine. Wow!

'

He wont but he could..

..and it would, sure shake up the NFL//

Well Mark sorry it's not gonna happen and he shouldn't even consider a vet min contract. Come on that doesn't even make sense. I would have liked him to retire a Colt and someday he may get signed to a 1 day contract to do so if he wants. Until then it's time to move on. Sorry that's my opinion for what it's worth.

Mark, I'll give you this much, you have the uncanny ability to let absolutely everything you see and hear go completely ignored and refuse to let information into your head. You have to be one of the most stubborn people on the entire face of the planet. If you are the same way with every aspect of your life the way you are about the Colts, then it must be the most incredibly frustrating situation for your family I can imagine. Wow!

lmao

Mark, most likely when a player is cut by a team, he does not turn around and sign back with the team that just cut him.

And the few times they do the deal is in place before the team releases the player. It's over I know it's hard to move on but people need to at least try to or they are just setting themselves up for heart break all over again.

Its odd how I'm polyanna on the Manning/Jim thread

but I'm bashed for doom and gloom on the 'WE dont have a plan, thread'

kinda contradictory comments,. huh?

Mark, most likely when a player is cut by a team, he does not turn around and sign back with the team that just cut him.

FROG..I dont expect it to happen..(its not part of the plan,. right?)

This thread was just for fun...

What if?

I'm just saying what I believe others are thinking when they see PM on TV

It has nothing to do with the different situations. Its the fact that you just ignore everything people tell you but you repeatably ask what others think. Manning is gone, he's not coming back and its obvious. There wouldn't have been the tearful press conference if there was even a 00000000000000.1% that he would be back. It's over! As far as your other thread, everybody kept trying to explain to you why they would resign Reggie and Mathis and you wouldn't hear any of it. Just kept going on and on about it not making sense even though it makes total sense.

FROG..I dont expect it to happen..(its not part of the plan,. right?)

This thread was just for fun...

What if?

I'm just saying what I believe others are thinking when they see PM on TV

Perhaps to assuage other people's feelings and concerns about your well-being, it would be helpful if you stated in the OP, that you do not, for one instance, think this will ever happen.

But What if....5150....WHAT IF?

Let you imagination run away :cloud9: with you!!!

haha True that, I'd love to see 18 in the 317 again, but I think its time to start a new chapter so we can grow as a team and in a few years dominate another decade :lombardi:

You're all for optimism on matters that have 0% chance of happening and doom and gloom when it comes to the present, that's not exactly contradictory.

You're all for optimism on matters that have 0% chance of happening and doom and gloom when it comes to the present, that's not exactly contradictory.

.Cant say 0% if youre being accurate..right wig?

and swear on a stack of Indy Stars that you werent think about it...PM was in Indy Wednseady,. you know

.Cant say 0% if youre being accurate..right wig?

and swear on a stack of Indy Stars that you werent think about it...PM was in Indy Wednseady,. you know

I've spent as much time in the past several days thinking about Peyton coming back to the Colts as I have thinking about how great it would be to come across a unicorn.

As of this Wednesday night..the Colts have, i believe a grand total of ZERO quarterbacks under contract..

..and an old country boy who used to live in Indy....is roaming the nation

looking for work...

I know the 'sheriff' has 'the boss's number..

..what if he makes a last minute, late night call and says:

The more I try to make up my mind, the more I think about my 14 years in Indy.

I saw where you resigned my man Reggie....so I know you're thinking about the good old days.

That $28 mil hit is gone....I'll work cheap..

....You SURE you dont want me?

afro-shaking-head-no.gif

I don't care what it takes... please "BRING BACK PEYTON". This is His State, His City, His Home and Dog Gone It His House He Built. He belongs here and should finish out his excellent career as a Indianapolis Colt, and not in somebody else's franchise. Please make this happen again Mr. Irsay if your reading this. If Peyton signs somewhere else it will never feel like home to him no matter what. I know I'm just a small voice and I don't make the business decisions for the franchise nor do I cut the paychecks... but I'm one of the many millions of people that put money in your pocket. You were able to bring Reggie Wayne back. Please do it for Peyton and the millions of fans. As you said in your vehicle last Tues. night after getting off the plane and the media wanted a quick chat. "We're Gonna Make It Right"