Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Some perspective on week 1 Vs the Chargers

Yoshinator

On 9/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, Myles said:

I hope so, but don't think it will happen.   He's never been a high yardage kind of QB.   I think he is capable of some breakout games though.   

You people crack me up.
 Never been a high yardage kind of QB.
 Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  Like he ever had the chance.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

You people crack me up.
 Never been a high yardage kind of QB.
 Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
 hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  Like he ever had the chance.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So we crack you up because we are not sure he can do what he has never done?   Now that is funny.   

I'm excited to see what we will do next week against the Titans. I was cheering the Saints on last night and we are in the driver's seat to be in first place after 2 weeks. I don't think its a bad place to be all things considered. There were soooo many areas where we let the Chargers game get away. Poor tackling and poor coverage in the secondary stood out just as much as the missed 7 pts. Missing that call on the fg cost us another 4 pts, but without a time machine these are all moot points. We just have to regroup and take care of the Titans. Brissett appears capable of handling the load so far. He's surrounded by a much better team than his initial go around so I'm going to reserve judgement on how far or even if we're in qb purgatory. It wouldn't shock me at all to see us pull out the division. I don't see where Luck would've done much more than we got out of Brissett yesterday. 

5 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Remember when you criticize the D, that we were up against one of the best QBs in the league.  Rivers may be cursed in the playoffs but he definitely is an elite quarterback, you need to recognize that before evaluating how the D played against him

You know I do get that but they were missing their starting LT and they were missing the starting RB too. It’s all good and it’s all positive criticism. I’m not trashing them. 

On 9/9/2019 at 5:44 AM, Myles said:

I don't think expecting your kicker to hit any of those 3 kicks is "out of whack".   

I don't think we should cut him.   I think we should keep an eye on him and not keep him for longer than we should just because he is Adam.  His FG% has gone down each of the past 5 years but it has still been decent (not this season of course).  

Hey there Myles, 

I get what your driving at. As a professional FG kicker who is well compensated, we as fans expect Adam V. to put the ball between the pipes every tine he is called upon to do so. A fair point. I just meant that when Adam does miss a FG; it turns into massive media coverage since he's not known for coming up short. 

I'm just not ready to throw in the towel on Adam after a week 1 loss that's all. He knows he under performed on Sunday. He's tougher on himself than any INDY fan is I'm sure. 

Is there a danger on retaining Adam too long resting on his past laurels of success? Maybe. Look, I'm all in favor of grooming the next place kicker to succeed Adam. It's a smart, proactive move. I just wanna see how Mr. V performs say the next 5 or 6 weeks first before I draw any conclusions that's all. 

Nice chatting with you as always Myles. :hat:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Hey there Myles, 

I get what your driving at. As a professional FG kicker who is well compensated, we as fans expect Adam V. to put the ball between the pipes every tine he is called upon to do so. A fair point. I just meant that when Adam does miss a FG; it turns into massive media coverage since he's not known for coming up short. 

I'm just not ready to throw in the towel on Adam after a week 1 loss that's all. He knows he under performed on Sunday. He's tougher on himself than any INDY fan is I'm sure. 

Is there a danger on retaining Adam too long resting on his past laurels of success? Maybe. Look, I'm all in favor of grooming the next place kicker to succeed Adam. It's a smart, proactive move. I just wanna see how Mr. V performs say the next 5 or 6 weeks first before I draw any conclusions that's all. 

Nice chatting with you as always Myles. :hat:

It seems we are in agreement with Adam.   I hope he gets it together and gives us another good season.   As far as that first game and the heat he took, I think it was mostly justified.  Had he just missed the 46 yarder, I don't think he would have caught any heat from the typical fan.   But adding a missed extra point and a missed 26 yarder made for some understandable concern.   

Let's beat the Titans and put that Chargers game behind us.

Go Colts!