Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funchess injury

Restinpeacesweetchloe

26 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looks like the FUNCHESS injury might be serious.

i dont want to speculate, but the way he was moving it or trying to reminded me of when Peyton landed on his shoulder/neck.  Hopefully its a stinger and swelling it causing the pain. 

They were subbing receivers and TEs in and out like crazy all game. It felt like they still aren't sure what their favorite packages are, and it probably affected the offense's ability to get into a rhythm. 

So if Funchess is out for a while, I think there are plenty of options to help make up for that loss. Cain, Campbell, Ebron, Hines outside, etc. Funchess made some big plays so it's not like he won't be missed, but this team doesn't lack for pass catchers. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

...So if Funchess is out for a while, I think there are plenty of options to help make up for that loss. Cain, Campbell, Ebron, Hines outside, etc. Funchess made some big plays so it's not like he won't be missed, but this team doesn't lack for pass catchers. 

Maybe then, they should pick Hogan back up?

He's got the size Funchess brings to the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

Maybe then, they should pick Hogan back up?

He's got the size Funchess brings to the team.

I think we already have one too many WRs. We'll see what the prognosis is on Funchess. If it's just a couple weeks, they'll probably stand pat. If it's a long term thing, they still might not add anyone. I really think they have more pass catchers than they know what to do with. 

• Like 2

I think it’s time to make Cain a bigger part of the gameplan.  2 catches on 2 targets.   He needs 5-7 targets minimum.  He can be a 1000 yard receiver in this offense this season.  That back shoulder was perfection. Campbell can also do with more targets. 

5 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I think it’s time to make Cain a bigger part of the gameplan.  2 catches on 2 targets.   He needs 5-7 targets minimum.  He can be a 1000 yard receiver in this offense this season.  That back shoulder was perfection. Campbell can also do with more targets. 

I was surprised they didn't try to get Campbell and Cain more involved as well. Seems like those are your playmakers that will help take some pressure off #13. T.Y. had a good start to the season today... He had his best offseason, so it's nice to see it translate to a good start. We need him to have a hell of a year. 

33 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I just hope it's some kind of burner or stinger that can be corrected through manipulation of the muscles and the nerves

Eh. Stingers generally don't result in loss of arm use for a drawn out period of time. The fact they x-rayed tells me they are concerned about a break somewhere. 

1 hour ago, TheMiz said:

Got to remember that Campbell is a rookie and missed a lot of camp. He needs to get up to speed.

nonsense marquise brown missed a lot of camp to and made an impact. Not to mention reich was talking about how it looked like campbell could play 50 snaps and he gets like 1 target and a running play. Give him the ball in space. Get cain more involved. Brisset can pass for 300 plus yards.

14 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I'm telling you, the way they were subbing receivers en masse all game, it looked like a second grade relay race. If they get a solid four man rotation, I think some of them can get a rhythm going. Especially the young guys. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I was surprised they didn't try to get Campbell and Cain more involved as well. Seems like those are your playmakers that will help take some pressure off #13. T.Y. had a good start to the season today... He had his best offseason, so it's nice to see it translate to a good start. We need him to have a hell of a year. 

As hype as he was for campbell it was disappointing he wasn't featured more in the gameplan.

4 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Eh. Stingers generally don't result in loss of arm use for a drawn out period of time. The fact they x-rayed tells me they are concerned about a break somewhere. 

Yeah, probably means he was in pain for more than a few minutes, which probably isn't a stinger.