Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's not panic

TheMiz

Some things never change.  I saw at least one time we had Houston dropping into coverage on a 3rd and long and they made it.  Really?  So much for a hand in the dirt on passing downs.  And of course when they were down to one quality receiver we didn't double cover him instead we played Zone and they easily moved the ball down the field for the winning score.  Seriously?  Do our coaches have a problem with using our best players efficiently and is there something wrong with adjusting our coverage to take advantage of a situation when it presents itself?  Come on man!

Well, I certainly haven't read all the posts, but I'd be surprised if all but the most negative of fans would "panic" after that game.  It was a tough heads up game against a sb contender at their place. 

Persinally, I'm more confident now, that we'll be a contender all the way through the season. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cbear said:

Well, I certainly haven't read all the posts, but I'd be surprised if all but the most negative of fans would "panic" after that game.  It was a tough heads up game against a sb contender at their place. 

Persinally, I'm more confident now, that we'll be a contender all the way through the season. 

Depends  on kicking situation 

That Malik Hooker pick that swung momentum in our favor was a thing of beauty man. I was so pumped when that happened for us, especially when Phillip Rivers looked like he was about to score. 

I also loved seeing Al-Quadin Muhammad put pressure on Philip & knock the ball out of his hand. Our D was darn good. 

I feel very confident about how competitive INDY will be every single week. We won't give up or roll over & die for anybody. Nice. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, cbear said:

Yes I trust Adam and the D to get their issues sorted out.  The biggest question mark we had going into the game was can Jacoby be a starter and a not a high end up back up.  Today he played like a starter and that’s what you want.  We will have to see if he can keep it up as teams get more real film on him but today was a good first step.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, krunk said:

I think JB should have really good numbers this year.  He really threw 3 TDS today if they didn't rob Ebron of his TD.  Played a really clean game.

Exactly Krunk, 

I was so furious when the refs took Ebron's TD away. Everybody & their momma knew he secured the rock & didn't bobble the ball. 

Yes, you're right. Jacoby played well today. He exceeded my expectations against a worthy foe in the Chargers. Very impressive performance in the end. 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Easy there Stephen. He had a bad day at the office. Let's not write his NFL eulogy yet. 

It's week 1. Just take a deep breath. Adam will be just fine. 

Yea and the Ravens have the number 1 offense.  Steelers looked bad, browns looked bad. Patriots  keep getting  better. 

• Like 1

Just now, southwest1 said:

I was watching NFL Red Zone on Dish Network at home. Is LB Darius Leonard okay? God, I sincerely hope so.

Scott Hanson, the host, cut away to another game & I never heard what Leonard's current condition is. He was down on the turf & it didn't look promising. 

He came back in and kept playing.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

I was watching NFL Red Zone on Dish Network at home. Is LB Darius Leonard okay? God, I sincerely hope so.

Scott Hanson, the host, cut away to another game & I never heard what Leonard's current condition is. He was down on the turf & it didn't look promising. 

He is fine funchess  is not

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He came back in and kept playing.  

Whew, that's a huge relief. I was really scared for Darius in the brief moment I saw on TV. Thanks for putting my mind at ease CG8818.

13 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He is fine funchess  is not

Thank you for the update Stephen. Appreciate it. Yeah, it looked like Funches landed directly on his shoulder. I winched when I saw that. It looked like all his body weight right there. Sorry man. 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Whew, that's a huge relief. I was really scared for Darius in the brief moment I saw on TV. Thanks for putting my mind at ease CG8818.

Thank you for the update Stephen. Appreciate it. Yeah, it looked like Funches landed directly on his shoulder. I winched when I saw that. It looked like all his body weight right there. Sorry man. 

Yeah Funch broke his clavicle 

6 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Brissett looked pretty good. Mack looked awesome. The D looked serviceable, just need to tighten things up. The kicker might need to be addressed, but Vinny deserves the opportunity to show if he can recover or not...even though he did cost us this one.

I don't pretend that I've read all the threads,  but I don't see anyone panicking....

Yes,  some are disappointed....   but we just went on the road,  the first game of the season,  and we took an AFC playoff caliber team to overtime.    I think that'a a pretty good start considering all the self-inflicted wounds.

This gives me hope for the season.    Hoping for better in the weeks to come.....     :thmup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah Funch broke his clavicle 

I figured he was done for the yr unfortunately. Just like Nick Foles in Jacksonville too. 

I feel bad for guys whose season is over just as the NFL officially got underway. It blows. 

On the plus side, it makes the Jags weaker & more vulnerable for us to knock off now. I'll take whatever advantage INDY can get right now. 

Okay, I'll back off now & try not to dominate this thread anymore. My bad. 

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I figured he was done for the yr unfortunately. Just like Nick Foles in Jacksonville too. 

I feel bad for guys whose season is over just as the NFL officially got underway. It blows. 

On the plus side, it makes the Jags weaker & more vulnerable for us to knock off now. I'll take whatever advantage INDY can get right now. 

Not sure if he’s done for the year yet or not.  It depends on how bad the break is.  Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not sure if he’s done for the year yet or not.  It depends on how bad the break is.  Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Good advice. I tend to go to worst case scenario more than I probably should. Uh huh. Until the Colts medical staff takes X-rays, anything is possible. Well said GC8818. 

I just get bummed out when our QB loses a tall target with experience that's all. I was hoping for big clutch end zone catches late in the yr though.

I know; I know. Not his fault. INDY always seems to get snake bit with injuries more than most franchises. I wish we would could turn that around & stay healthy for once as a roster. LOL! 

37 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I didn’t get To watch the game but the replays showed their RB busting off some long runs. Was it bad run defense all game of did he just Make some great runs??

Hey there LKD, 

Don't take this to the bank since I wasn't about to watch every snap of this game, but from what I saw on You Tube highlights & watching NFL Red Zone every quarter on TV, it looked like Mack just put the afterburners on & had a couple of miraculous runs. The Chargers HC & coaching staff are no slouches; They are a well run & well coached organization from top to bottom, which makes our team tenacity from behind & OT performance even more remarkable to me personally. 

Slightly off topic: 

Um Melvin Gordon, go back to the Bolts pronto, beg for your job back, & gladly take whatever contract they offer you dude. 

Swallow your pride & suit up for a team bound to make a deep Playoffs run. Stop the foolish trade demands too. The Chargers look like a 12-4 squad to me. Locked & loaded. 

17 hours ago, TheMiz said:

Brissett looked pretty good. Mack looked awesome. The D looked serviceable, just need to tighten things up. The kicker might need to be addressed, but Vinny deserves the opportunity to show if he can recover or not...even though he did cost us this one.

Defense needs to practice tackling... Vinny doesn't get it together this week its time to sign somebody.

6 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If we lose this game we might as well forget it.

Like I said, my expectations are low. If the Colts lose to the Titans, I’m okay with it. The Colts are a young and at least competitive team at the moment with a new starting QB. Could be worse. (Miami) 

17 hours ago, TheMiz said:

I was impressed with his timing with both Cain and Funchees on those back shoulder throws. With the talent around him, he should be able to shine. Especially if the team makes an effort to get Mack going early in the game.

While I think the coaches called a pretty good game overall (especially the offensive ones), I found it odd that we seemed to get 1-Dimensional on offense.  I get it, once Mack got going, he was on fire... but I'd like to see us keep a more even balance throughout the game next week.

16 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I am certainly not prepared to write off Vinny for one bad game. HOF kicker who has generally always been money gets the benefit of the doubt for one bad game.  He might go the rest of the year making every XP and every FG.  

All these calls for his head, way premature and grossly reactionary.  Now if it becomes a multi game trend, well then fair ball.  (And last year’s game vs KC does not count.)

I am really not too worried about Vinny.  He's the GOAT in terms of NFL Kickers.  He missed wide, but he had plenty of leg on the ball.  I would be more concerned if he came up short on that 49 yarder, but that had the power to make it from 55+ if it was more accurate.  I have little doubt that Vinny can get this thing fixed.

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Looked to me like he just got the wind knocked out, he was back in very soon after that.. it was alarming at first, but I don't think anything to worry about.

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

They haven't stated if he'll need surgery or not yet... I've broken my clavicle on 3 occasions, the first took ~6 weeks to heal (in 2001, so I'm sure the doctors today can do things to speed that up), the second was 6-8 weeks, and the 3rd took more like 12-14 weeks... just depends on the severity of the break, where on the clavicle is broken and if muscle or tissue around the area got damaged with the break.... If I had to bet, I would put money on Funchess coming back mid-season.

• Like 2

From a NY Giants message board >>>>>>> 

ThisCan'tBeHappening

3 hours ago

Reply to @She Lied: Giants took and expected beating, while many of those other teams barely lost. And some, like the Colts, proved that, even in losing, they are indeed a good team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

While I think the coaches called a pretty good game overall (especially the offensive ones), I found it odd that we seemed to get 1-Dimensional on offense.  I get it, once Mack got going, he was on fire... but I'd like to see us keep a more even balance throughout the game next week.

I am really not too worried about Vinny.  He's the GOAT in terms of NFL Kickers.  He missed wide, but he had plenty of leg on the ball.  I would be more concerned if he came up short on that 49 yarder, but that had the power to make it from 55+ if it was more accurate.  I have little doubt that Vinny can get this thing fixed.

Looked to me like he just got the wind knocked out, he was back in very soon after that.. it was alarming at first, but I don't think anything to worry about.

They haven't stated if he'll need surgery or not yet... I've broken my clavicle on 3 occasions, the first took ~6 weeks to heal (in 2001, so I'm sure the doctors today can do things to speed that up), the second was 6-8 weeks, and the 3rd took more like 12-14 weeks... just depends on the severity of the break, where on the clavicle is broken and if muscle or tissue around the area got damaged with the break.... If I had to bet, I would put money on Funchess coming back mid-season.

I expect him to miss 8 weeks. They said he most likely needs surgery but will be getting a second opinion.  Foles is having surgery tomorrow and they just placed him on IR and expect him to return after 8 week or so.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

We need to put on a show against the Titans and knock them back down to earth. . We are good enough to beat them by at least 14 if we play sharp which we usually do at Tenn. 

Yep.  Need to stop Henry like we did the final game last year.  I think both teams are going to focus on stopping the run and making the QB beat them; should be interesting.