Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's not panic

TheMiz

Brissett looked pretty good. Mack looked awesome. The D looked serviceable, just need to tighten things up. The kicker might need to be addressed, but Vinny deserves the opportunity to show if he can recover or not...even though he did cost us this one.

• Like 1

We're good. This is a good roster. In years past, this would have gotten ugly real fast. I never felt that today. We gave up big plays. We had untimely penalties. We dropped a touchdown pass. Our HOF kicker left 7 points on the board. We lost on a cointoss and outdated overtime rule that needs addressed, and everyone knows it... 

This is a good chargers team. This is week one after an abrupt and devastating franchise qb retirement. This team should be hyped with what they have offensively.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I think JB should have really good numbers this year.  He really threw 3 TDS today if they didn't rob Ebron of his TD.  Played a really clean game.

I was impressed with his timing with both Cain and Funchees on those back shoulder throws. With the talent around him, he should be able to shine. Especially if the team makes an effort to get Mack going early in the game.

• Like 1

Theres nothing to panic about.  Good showing, with a few obvious exceptions.  Everyone but special teams played good enough to win.  Brisket looked good, running game was productive, defense got pressure and a take away.  Would have been nice to steal this one but its over.  On to Tennessee 

team worked so hard to stay in this game and our kicker cost us the win. I wasn't pleased they resigned him after he missed a field goal and extra point in the playoffs against KC. It is so hard to get wins in the NFL that you have to take every point you can get. I sure hope my colts will be trying out kickers this week.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think JB should have really good numbers this year.  He really threw 3 TDS today if they didn't rob Ebron of his TD.  Played a really clean game.

give it up.... it was the correct call  he lost control when he hit the ground, didn't regain control until he was out of bounds

• Like 1

Adam V. was the difference in this game today. He lost it for the Colts plain in simple. The offense moved the ball effectively and the defense played well enough for the Colts to win. Overall, not at bad performance and JB should’ve eased some fans feelings if he could play well (me included) as the starter. Mack absolutely lights out game. Looking forward to next week already.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

Adam V. was the difference in this game today. He lost it for the Colts plain in simple. The offense moved the ball effectively and the defense played well enough for the Colts to win. Overall, not at bad performance and JB should’ve eased some fans feelings if he could play well (me included) as the starter. Mack absolutely lights out game. Looking forward to next week already.

Man, I agree 100%

2 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

give it up.... it was the correct call  he lost control when he hit the ground, didn't regain control until he was out of bounds

I feel like that one could have went either way. Had it originally been called a TD, I think it would have stood.

Disappointing loss.  Good news is, despite all the errors and given up points, Colts were right there against one of the AFC favourites.   Should’ve won, so optimism remains!

Oh, and this result would be no different if Luck were playing.  Difference in the game = one defensive offside penalty and or 7 missed points on special teams.  Just gotta clean that up for next week.

Speaking of which, next week’s game vs Titans is HUGE!  Must win to get in the divisional driver seat vs being 2 games back and in deficit vs a division foe. 

Go Colts!

• Like 1

I am certainly not prepared to write off Vinny for one bad game. HOF kicker who has generally always been money gets the benefit of the doubt for one bad game.  He might go the rest of the year making every XP and every FG.  

All these calls for his head, way premature and grossly reactionary.  Now if it becomes a multi game trend, well then fair ball.  (And last year’s game vs KC does not count.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Disappointing loss.  Good news is, despite all the errors and given up points, Colts were right there against one of the AFC favourites.   Should’ve won, so optimism remains!

Oh, and this result would be no different if Luck were playing.  Difference in the game = one defensive offside penalty and or 7 missed points on special teams.  Just gotta clean that up for next week.

Speaking of which, next week’s game vs Titans is HUGE!  Must win to get in the divisional driver seat vs being 2 games back and in deficit vs a division foe. 

Go Colts!

I think we beat Tenn.  JB won't do all the silly stuff Mayfield did today

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Iam certainly not prepared to write off Vinny for one bad game. HOF kicker who has generally always been money gets the benefit of the doubt for one bad game.  He might go the rest of the year making every XP and every FG.  All these calls for his head, way premature and grossly reactionary.

Unless you remember last season, where he struggled at times as well.  The guy is 46 for pete's sake.....he's old.  He's too.......old.

No panic at all. Game had it all man, excitement, disappointment, spectacular plays, and bone headed mistakes. Plenty of optimism. Would like to have seen some more deep passes, or any, but our run game looked solid. Defense was suspect, especially tackling, which is where I thought Leonard would have had his name called more. Was scratching my head on some of the play calls, offense and defense. Call a timeout in OT and always call tails. Regardless of the end result today, this team is fun to watch.

Why would anyone panic?

i thought it was a well coached, well-played game against a good team that was well coached and played well at home. A kick or two of those 3 are made, and we win.

ALOT more good to take out of this game than bad.

my #1 takeaway...... this team has heart and wont quit.

Jacoby and Mack looked pretty good too.  I'm excited to watch it again actually.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Colts lose a game on the road, against a seasoned veteran QB, while beginning a new era with our QB.....in OT,  sure hope to god no Colt fans are panicking. Just in case, here is a paper bag...

t6K8xv8.gif

agreed...the pass rush they faced they handled as good as you can. it should get better i also think Brissett will play better than this should be some excitement for fans around here. whats crazy is how spoiled a franchise can get. I got buddies in Florida and they returned there Fins gear today. This team is trending in the right direction. But people are homers and have unrealistic expectations. Fans forget its a game and you don't win them all. Vinny has been so clutch and was just off today. It happens i guess people forget about Vanderjagt. On to next week should be a tough game as well Tenn beat up on the browns and got after Baker a lot we will need a lot of balance in the game plan next week that pass rush got after Baker early and often.

• Like 2

I like what I saw from the Colts today. Tough schedule, new starting QB and a young team that Could’ve won today. Mack balled out, JB looked comfortable and the defense held their own against a very good QB. The Colts are 0-1, big deal. Enjoy the season!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I like what I saw from the Colts today. Tough schedule, new starting QB and a young team that Could’ve won today. Mack balled out, JB looked comfortable and the defense held their own against a very good QB. The Colts are 0-1, big deal. Enjoy the season!

titans game could make or break season

• Like 1