Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Probably unpopular opinion, but I would give him one more week. 

Unpopular and pretty stupid to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JColts72 said:

He can show class and retire.

ABSOLUTELY

Dont make them cut you..... hang them up..... TODAY!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

And then get Cody Parker right? kidding.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

He cost us last week, and almost cost us this week

I believe that the man...... has gotta go

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, spoonfish said:

Can you imagine the reaction if this was a home game?

Yeah! He would be booed off the field. That seems to be the treatment of our greats.... 

• Confused 2

I doubt he gets cut.     He may retire,   but I doubt that as well.   We are home next week.   

3 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

But who do you bring in?

Cole Hedlund

• Like 2

Some of Vinnys kicks look like they are going right down the middle and the wind just carries it like crazy. 

I defended him like crazy last week, but we can't afford to lose easy points every week. I would give Vinny one more week at Lucas Oil to get it together. 

They should definitely be starting the evaluation process during the week though and start working out other kickers.

2 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Damn... that will be a sad day. Not the way I wanted to see him go, if he does go, at least he did it with a win. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Thank you!!! Get the emotions out of it. The Patriots don’t do emotions and it has served them well 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stephen said:

what does it mean

It's a guessing game, but I interpret it as possible retirement press conference.

At least that's how AV is feeling at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

It's a guessing game, but I interpret it as possible retirement press conference.

At least that's how AV is feeling at the moment.

Wouldnt be surprised 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Is the FG kicker we had in camp still available.

Too bad we didn't keep the one from last year. He was a really good one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

what does it mean

The Colts don’t talk to media on Monday, or at least AV doesn’t. Holder pointed that out and Adam said that he will talk to them tomorrow. The only thing that Adam would do that for is probably to announce his retirement.

He is probably  going to retire.  If so , thanks for the memories and years. He will get the proper sendoff soon I'm sure.  

• Like 1

I love what Adam has meant for the Colts ,over the years , but it's time, much to my dismay , I have to think that Adam should step aside and give us a chance to find another , place kicker that hopefully can at least be close to the legacy, that Adam will leave. He is a legend!   and I wish him the best , but he needs to retire. The words , makes me feel bad but life moves on. I wish Adam the best but the future  is in question.

I mean if he's done you can't really be surprised at 46 years old (I think).

We'll see how this plays out.

26 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

He can show class and retire.

So you want a kicker that had two bad games in a row to quit?  Yeah, that would be really classy. <roll eyes>

I have a better idea ... he fights through two bad games and proceeds to be old reliable for the next 14 games plus 4 playoff games, then retiring as a SuperBowl champion.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

The team gets the day after a win off. When Adam says they’ll see him tomorrow he’s saying he’ll be in to put in work. 

He’s not retiring after two games when there’s not really any better options out there, and we’re not cutting him. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

The team gets the day after a win off. When Adam says they’ll see him tomorrow he’s saying he’ll be in to put in work. 

He’s not retiring after two games when there’s not really any better options out there, and we’re not cutting him. 

I don't know...the whole "you'll hear from me tomorrow" implies a presser almost. I doubt he'd talk to the media to do anything but retire.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, James said:

Unpopular and pretty stupid to do.

You can't do it. This was THE week. 

4 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

So you want a kicker that had two bad games in a row to quit?  Yeah, that would be really classy. <roll eyes>

I have a better idea ... he fights through two bad games and proceeds to be old reliable for the next 14 games plus 4 playoff games, then retiring as a SuperBowl champion.  

5 bad game 

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

there’s not really any better options out there, and we’re not cutting him. 

So you're fine with his performances then?

You don't believe any kickers out there could do better than missing easy FGs and multiple extra points?

I can't see him going out like this, too much of a bitter pill to swallow. I wouldn't be surprised if he told us tomorrow that he is going to work extremely hard to get his kick back

2 minutes ago, James said:

So you're fine with his performances then?

You don't believe any kickers out there could do better than missing easy FGs and multiple extra points?

I’m not willing to take a chance and find out the answer to that question is a “no”. 

NFL means , "Not FOR LONG " and some legends  need to except this. I know the love of the game keeps them coming back year after year, but it comes a time that mother nature says, It's time to go. You had a glorious Career. But it's time to let younger talent  try and make their mark. 

• Like 1

If he is going to hang 'em up, I'd rather see it happen after a win than a loss.  Whatever transpires going forward, CB must be ready to add a kicker to the roster.

4 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

NFL means , "Not FOR LONG " and some legends  need to except this. I know the love of the game keeps them coming back year after year, but it come a time that mother nature says, It's time to go. You had a glorious Career. But it's time to let younger talent  try and make their mark. 

Exactly.

Don't go out like this Vinny. Be a class act. Don't hurt this organization due to your ego!