Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

The entire kicking unit was a failure today.  I'm sure we will be on the market for a new special teams coach next year as well as a kicker.  

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

The entire kicking unit was a failure today.  I'm sure we will be on the market for a new special teams coach next year as well as a kicker.  

They should be and it’s not just because of the kicking game.  The return game is as much of a disaster.  They constantly field punts inside the 10, today they grabbed a kickoff that was going out of bounds rather than taking the flag.  They have had issues with guys not getting away from the ball and miscommunication on who is returning that has lead to turnovers.  That is not a well coached unit.

He missed 1 kick today and that was a 55 yarder, so I don't blame him unlike other days.  Two were blocked and that's on the line.  I've said all season that the entire kicking unit is very suspect.  Today showed it again. 

• Like 3

Not consistent, that's one of the problems AV has.  The others, JB and Reich. JB can't throw worth a lick, Reich can't coach worth a damn. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, cbear said:

He missed 1 kick today and that was a 55 yarder, so I don't blame him unlike other days.  Two were blocked and that's on the line.  I've said all season that the entire kicking unit is very suspect.  Today showed it again. 

The second kick was really low...

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

The second kick was really low...

Extremely low. As in lousy kick low.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

So if we lose out, where will that get us, the top 5? That'll definitely give us a franchise/elite QB.

;

Yes because it's that easy.

• Thanks 1

We will be holding kicking tryouts again this week.  And again, it will be Vinny's decision if anyone is good enough to replace him.   :monkeydance:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Extremely low. As in lousy kick low.

Plus, it was badly pulled and hooking. Would have missed it had it not been blocked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

So if we lose out, where will that get us, the top 5? That'll definitely give us a franchise/elite QB.

;

Top 5 doesn’t guarantee ya squat in the draft. 

I can't stand to see him come on the field in a close game.

2 hours ago, cbear said:

The first blocked kick was so low it didn't look like it was going anywhere.

I could be wrong, but I think that was on AV.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, egg said:

The first blocked kick was so low it didn't look like it was going anywhere.

I could be wrong, but I think that was on AV.

Could be.  I don't have the gumption yet to watch it again. 

5 minutes ago, cbear said:

Could be.  I don't have the gumption yet to watch it again. 

The Colts have always had a top-notch kicker.

Hopefully next year they will have one.

3 hours ago, cbear said:

If the second one didn’t get blocked it was going to be Vandrjagted just wide left.