Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Whats wrong everyone on here sick of saying Vinny needs to go or is the topic closed.

I guess everyone is tired of beating a dead horse.   I will always remember Vinny as the player who torpedoed our 2019 season.  

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Whats wrong everyone on here sick of saying Vinny needs to go or is the topic closed.

Being sentimental in a business decision has cost the team some wins. The season ticket holders are left holding the bag this year.

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

There isn’t really anything left to say.  The Colts have made their decision and they are going to stick by it no matter how wrong it might be.  You have to be blind to say that the kicking game isn’t an issue right now.  I will say today was much more about other problems than Adam.  Two blocks and a missed 55 yarder are the least of Adam’s problems this season unfortunately.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

There isn’t really anything left to say.  The Colts have made their decision and they are going to stick by it no matter how wrong it might be.  You have to be blind to say that the kicking game isn’t an issue right now.  I will say today was much more about other problems than Adam.  Two blocks and a missed 55 yarder are the least of Adam’s problems this season unfortunately.

I trully believe its to the point its effecting the players trust in the franchise though...smh

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I trully believe its to the point its effecting the players trust in the franchise though...smh

I think fans want it to be that way because it’s how they feel I doubt it really is.

The entire kicking unit was a failure today.  I'm sure we will be on the market for a new special teams coach next year as well as a kicker.  

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

The entire kicking unit was a failure today.  I'm sure we will be on the market for a new special teams coach next year as well as a kicker.  

They should be and it’s not just because of the kicking game.  The return game is as much of a disaster.  They constantly field punts inside the 10, today they grabbed a kickoff that was going out of bounds rather than taking the flag.  They have had issues with guys not getting away from the ball and miscommunication on who is returning that has lead to turnovers.  That is not a well coached unit.

He missed 1 kick today and that was a 55 yarder, so I don't blame him unlike other days.  Two were blocked and that's on the line.  I've said all season that the entire kicking unit is very suspect.  Today showed it again. 

• Like 3

Not consistent, that's one of the problems AV has.  The others, JB and Reich. JB can't throw worth a lick, Reich can't coach worth a damn. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, cbear said:

He missed 1 kick today and that was a 55 yarder, so I don't blame him unlike other days.  Two were blocked and that's on the line.  I've said all season that the entire kicking unit is very suspect.  Today showed it again. 

The second kick was really low...

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

The second kick was really low...

Extremely low. As in lousy kick low.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

So if we lose out, where will that get us, the top 5? That'll definitely give us a franchise/elite QB.

;

Yes because it's that easy.

• Thanks 1

We will be holding kicking tryouts again this week.  And again, it will be Vinny's decision if anyone is good enough to replace him.   :monkeydance:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Extremely low. As in lousy kick low.

Plus, it was badly pulled and hooking. Would have missed it had it not been blocked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

So if we lose out, where will that get us, the top 5? That'll definitely give us a franchise/elite QB.

;

Top 5 doesn’t guarantee ya squat in the draft. 

I can't stand to see him come on the field in a close game.

2 hours ago, cbear said:

The first blocked kick was so low it didn't look like it was going anywhere.

I could be wrong, but I think that was on AV.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, egg said:

The first blocked kick was so low it didn't look like it was going anywhere.

I could be wrong, but I think that was on AV.

Could be.  I don't have the gumption yet to watch it again. 

5 minutes ago, cbear said:

Could be.  I don't have the gumption yet to watch it again. 

The Colts have always had a top-notch kicker.

Hopefully next year they will have one.

3 hours ago, cbear said:

If the second one didn’t get blocked it was going to be Vandrjagted just wide left.