Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

chad72

I have an idea.  Stop kicking PATs.  Just go for 2 after every TD.

I would say keep Adam on the team for kicking clutch game-winners, but after the loss last week in Pittsburgh, I don't think we can even rely on him for that anymore.

So yeah.  Let Vinny retire and free up his roster spot.  Go for it on every 4th down, and go for 2 after every TD.  What do we have to lose?  More games?  The way I see it, we're playing with house money at this point anyway.  C'mon Riverboat Reich!

1 minute ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

I hope all of you pansy fans are happy. All you arogant posters that ridiculed me for saying I'm done with Vinny. This organisation doesn't want to win.

I have a feeling the ridicule was more for posts like this, where you call people pansy and arrogant...  just sayin...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Hard to preach accountability to a young locker room while letting a dude ride on his past success.  He has built a hall of fame career in the past, he will be inducted in the future, but at present he's assassinating a team with zero margin for error.  I know that sounds harsh but this team is on the cusp of a breakdown,  it's in a tailspin and management is in danger of losing this locker room........they need a shakeup.  Just my opinion. 

^^^^^^^^^^ THIS

16 minutes ago, midwest said:

I'm just asking, how many people are walking around and available that could do better.  I am not a super fan who knows all the people out there who are available, on practice squads, etc. Just genuinely like to know if there is anyone you guys have in mind.  I don't know if Rigo was kicking field goals in college or not.

He.....is.......missing.....extra.....points......not 50 yard field goals. He is not good at anything right now.  If this was any other guy on the team performing like him, they would b bringing guys in.  It's not fair to the other players.

4 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

It's positing the truth that is not accepted

People can handle the truth.  But if you start insulting people, then you're just creating problems.

It's not so much what you're saying, it's how you say it.

I think pretty much everyone is on the same page when it comes to Vinny.  Except maybe Reich and Ballard.  We'll see.  :dunno:

27 minutes ago, midwest said:

I'm just asking, how many people are walking around and available that could do better.  I am not a super fan who knows all the people out there who are available, on practice squads, etc. Just genuinely like to know if there is anyone you guys have in mind.  I don't know if Rigo was kicking field goals in college or not.

I think its past the point of "who's out there" and crossed over into damaging the credibility of the organization/ coaching staff.

You cant allow it to continue if u want other (mostly very young) players to take a message of personal "accountability" seriously.  His performance is literally undermining the coaching philosophy at this point. 

We've been seeing poor execution, foolish mistakes, healthy scratches, and general lack of focus and intensity for weeks.  And its directly rekated.

Vinny is hurting this team on and off the field.  He knows it, the staff knows it and we're just seeing the start of it.

Hate to say it but the "total confidence" approach has run its course, its dangerously close to being about sending a message if there is any hope for a playoff run.

We may not be playing for that this year tho.  Who knows what the plan is internally.  After Lucks departure it could just be an evaluation year.

35 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

I never thought Vinny would be the type of guy who would stick it out, knowing he is hurting his team.  How he can walk into the locker room, and look his team mates in the eye is beyond me.  

I think he’s always said he’d keep playing as long as he was helping the team.

Apparently he didn’t actually mean that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

I think its past the point of "who's out there" and crossed over into damaging the credibility of the organization/ coaching staff.

You cant allow it to continue if u want other (mostly very young) players to take a message of personal "accountability" seriously.  His performance is literally undermining the coaching philosophy at this point. 

We've been seeing poor execution, foolish mistakes, healthy scratches, and general lack of focus and intensity for weeks.  And its directly rekated.

Vinny is hurting this team on and off the field.  He knows it, the staff knows it and we're just seeing the start of it.

Hate to say it but the "total confidence" approach has run its course, its dangerously close to being about sending a message if there is any hope for a playoff run.

We may not be playing for that this year tho.  Who knows what the plan is internally.  After Lucks departure it could just be an evaluation year.

Not to mention the mindset the other players can get. I would not blame them if they started playing it safe and not risking injury if they have the mindset that it won't matter anyway if the kicker can't do his job.

It has to be sickening (for the players) to know that every game this season has been decided by a touchdown or less and three games have been lost (or made harder) by missed FG and XP kicks. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

People can handle the truth.  But if you start insulting people, then you're just creating problems.

It's not so much what you're saying, it's how you say it.

I think pretty much everyone is on the same page when it comes to Vinny.  Except maybe Reich and Ballard.  We'll see.  :dunno:

Oh but being called a whiny * because I called this last week?

Im not the one insulting people.  is this your idea of handling the truth?

This whole Adam fiasco is all on Ballard.  No backup plan for an aging 46 yr old kicker who is only getting worse.  Not many GM's would roll with a 46 yr old kicker.  And if they did they would have pulled the trigger by now.  His inaction has cost the team two more losses.  Those losses are on Ballard too. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Oh but being called a whiny * because I called this last week?

Im not the one insulting people.  is this your idea of handling the truth?

You are definitely the one insulting people when you call them pansy and arrogant in the same post.

Why are you on here trying to start * with people when everyone is in agreement about Vinny being done?

Quit being immature.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I have an idea.  Stop kicking PATs.  Just go for 2 after every TD.

I would say keep Adam on the team for kicking clutch game-winners, but after the loss last week in Pittsburgh, I don't think we can even rely on him for that anymore.

So yeah.  Let Vinny retire and free up his roster spot.  Go for it on every 4th down, and go for 2 after every TD.  What do we have to lose?  More games?  The way I see it, we're playing with house money at this point anyway.  C'mon Riverboat Reich!

it would probably get us more points

7 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

This team is on the verge of becoming a complete train wreck.  Ballard's decision to rebuild through the draft, pile up picks, spend nickels on free agents looks great on paper, but you get what you are seeing on the field with this approach.

well said

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'll be shocked if hes still on the team this time tomorrow. He just can't be.

Love what hes done and he is the GOAT but leaving points off the board every week is a killer. Time to go home and stay with your family Vinny.

If you listen to Frank’s post game presser he’s singing a different tune on Adam now than he has been.  I think a move is coming at kicker this week.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 4:51 PM, Introspect said:

Don't go out like this Vinny. Be a class act. Don't hurt this organization due to your ego!

This man is not held accountable. The inaction of Ballard to have repercussions for poor play on this team has manifest itself in this poor display today. The younger players see this.  This man is hurting this organization. Said it then and saying it now. 

The guy is 46 + yrs old.  Vinny no need to prove yourself anymore nor pad your stats.  You're a sure HOF.  The longer you stay, the more you'll diminish your legacy.  You'll be remembered as the kicker who lost games consistently and missing your teams playoff chances due to inconsistencies on your part.  Hang it up while you're still on top.  

17 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

it would probably get us more points

That's what I was thinking.  Reich is pretty good at the 4th-and-short calls.  It might be easier to convert a 2-pt try than a PAT at this point.

Plus, the kicking has been so bad this year across the entire league.  More teams might start doing this.

Reich needs to start the Revolution!  No more kicking!  Take the Foot out of Football!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 9:10 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

That's what I was thinking.  Reich is pretty good at the 4th-and-short calls.  It might be easier to convert a 2-pt try than a PAT at this point.

Plus, the kicking has been so bad this year across the entire league.  More teams might start doing this.

Reich needs to start the Revolution!  No more kicking!  Take the Foot out of Football!

Just call it Injuryball

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Its kinda lost after the outcome of the game, but what has gotten into Vinny?  He looked much better.  Only one kicknlooked awkward and i think due to defensive pressure .

Ballard must be having try-outs daily.

He's been perfect the past 2 games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Whats wrong everyone on here sick of saying Vinny needs to go or is the topic closed.

There isn’t really anything left to say.  The Colts have made their decision and they are going to stick by it no matter how wrong it might be.  You have to be blind to say that the kicking game isn’t an issue right now.  I will say today was much more about other problems than Adam.  Two blocks and a missed 55 yarder are the least of Adam’s problems this season unfortunately.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

There isn’t really anything left to say.  The Colts have made their decision and they are going to stick by it no matter how wrong it might be.  You have to be blind to say that the kicking game isn’t an issue right now.  I will say today was much more about other problems than Adam.  Two blocks and a missed 55 yarder are the least of Adam’s problems this season unfortunately.

I trully believe its to the point its effecting the players trust in the franchise though...smh

• Thanks 1