Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

I wonder what lame excuse Pat Mcafee is going to make this time.  Worst part about it is the sympathizer will say "Pat said that it is really hard to kick when people are talking in the stands, the fans need to do thier part.."  What a bunch of *s.

• Like 1

Retire vinny. You've cost us 3 games. Retire. Please freakin retire because it's clear the team wont cut you. Help everyone out. 

• Like 3

Very sad last year. He is a HOF kicker, and all time great. . This reminds me of Johnny Unitas with the Chargers , and Willy Mays with the Mets. 

• Like 1

I thought he missed from 39 also. I think if it was from 40 , he may have clanked it ? Pretty sure he will very soon announce his retirement. What a terrible way to go out.

1 minute ago, The Old Crow said:

Very sad last year. He is a HOF kicker, and all time great. . This reminds me of Johnny Unitas with the Chargers , and Willy Mays with the Mets. 

Agreed. It is sad to watch. 

His field goals kept us in it, but his damn consistent missing of the extra points sunk us.

We were in field goal range at the end, but the missed XP kept us out of it.

1 minute ago, Detectacon said:

Still waiting for his advocates to come to his defense...... Pretty sure I hear crickets. 

I just don't happen to think the loss is on him.    Yes, he missed an extra point.  Yes, it's disappointing,  yes....  he's been inconsistent....     

But...………..  the losses are not all on him.  If so....   it would just be a game between two kickers.

It's a team sport.   not a contest between kickers.

Our team, our coaches, our play calling are all to blame today.

You wanted to hear from Adam's advocates.....

That's my stance, and  the last thing I'm going to say on it.  

Gramz out...  til next game. 

Just now, Gramz said:

I just don't happen to think the loss is on him.    Yes, he missed an extra point.  Yes, it's disappointing,  yes....  he's been inconsistent....     

But...………..  the losses are not all on him.  If so....   it would just be a game between two kickers.

You’ve got to be kidding me right? I’m glad it’s the last thing you’re going to say because it’s a weak stance and you know it. Good grief...... smh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James said:

Sorted from worst to first, here is every single kicker in NFL history with more than 20 XP attempts in a season.

No one has less than 75% kicking (yes I know they moved it back, but its still less than a 40 yarder).

Vinny is now 13/20 on the year, or in other words, the worst XP Kicking season of all time!

We will crush that record and set a new modern day standard....go Vinny!

1 minute ago, presto123 said:

He will be released before the next game. I'll be shocked if he isn't.

Get your shocked face ready. Reich already said he is behind Adam. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Good

How much more will Vinny wreck our season?   Every other guy has to be account for their performance but somehow Vinny gets a pass?   Vinny PLEASE retire before you cost us more games!!

Even if he hit the extra point, some of us are under the assumption that he was going to hit the FG to tie the game. That would've been from about extra point length so we all know how that goes...

51 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

And Muhammad Ali with Muhammad Ali.

1 minute ago, coltsva said:

And Muhammad Ali with Muhammad Ali.

But he did beat Chuck “ The Bleeder “ Wepner when he was over the hill !

Just now, The Old Crow said:

But he did beat Chuck “ The Bleeder “ Wepner when he was over the hill !

After Chuck stepped on his foot!

Every person who has ever lived gets older and with age comes physical and mental decline. It is not a pleasant fact but when some try desperately to deny it they only serve to harm themselves. Vinateri needs to clean out his locker now. 

• Like 1

Im asking because i don't know, not because I'm sticking up for Vinny......What options are out there right now, does anyone know.  I agree he needs to go but if there is nobody out there who can do a better job then what is next?

I agree.  AV needs to go.  And right now.  Its simply game after game after game with him.  They cant make any more excuses.  At this point anybody would be better.

Hard to preach accountability to a young locker room while letting a dude ride on his past success.  He has built a hall of fame career in the past, he will be inducted in the future, but at present he's assassinating a team with zero margin for error.  I know that sounds harsh but this team is on the cusp of a breakdown,  it's in a tailspin and management is in danger of losing this locker room........they need a shakeup.  Just my opinion. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, midwest said:

Im asking because i don't know, not because I'm sticking up for Vinny......What options are out there right now, does anyone know.  I agree he needs to go but if there is nobody out there who can do a better job then what is next?

At this point who cares? Give somebody, give anybody, a shot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm just asking, how many people are walking around and available that could do better.  I am not a super fan who knows all the people out there who are available, on practice squads, etc. Just genuinely like to know if there is anyone you guys have in mind.  I don't know if Rigo was kicking field goals in college or not.

If Colts mgt and coaching staff are happy enough to trot this guy out there game after game then there isn't much we as fans can do at this point.