Indianapolis Colts
chad72

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

So do you let him finish the season or do you cut him mid season if this continues 

I think you wait and see how he responds next week. He misses again...  

Everyone was talking bout this D being top 10 even top 5 based on last year.  I said it, wait we will b playing top level O"s and we will truly see how good this D is.  I said our D was not that good based on th KC playoff game.  Lets hope is just a bad day and not of sign of things to come.

4 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Kickers flame out hard truly sad to see it happen to Vinny should have hung it up 

You cut him tonight

And who do we sign tonight to replace him?

It'd be one thing if he just seemed a little off...

However, these misses looked a lot like when he was going through the groin injury. Especially that one limp skipper. Also, he was massaging the upper leg area late in the game. I don't think he's 100% and at his age, it's valid to wonder if he'll be able to get right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Maybe he's hurting and he'll ask to get placed on IR. That would be best.

He was on the sidelines running some sort of machine on his thigh. Not sure what it was tho.

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Maybe he's hurting and he'll ask to get placed on IR. That would be best.

Maybe,   but who do they sign ?

The loss is on Vinnie at the end of the day. I'm sure he knows it. I think father time has caught up with him. I think at his age, he is finding it hard to shake of those naging injuries.

However, it doesn't excuse the fact that the run D was terrible. Jabaal Sheard is a massive loss. Could also do with a natural dominant NT. Some shocking attempts at tackles today, particularly from the DBs. Also Leonard, needs to do better job of getting of his blocks.

• Like 1

Our DL middle left much to be desired, it was our biggest concern going in. I don’t think we played good QBs last year that we could place extra defenders by the box and this resulted in a stellar run D stat last year.

This year is going to be different.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The man has won us a lot of games as well.   Today sucked,  no question. But he isn't getting cut.     

I think he will do it himself...he knows its over

Time to to retire. He's in is 40s...didnt play in pre season...got a freakin blow dryer on his leg when it's 85 degrees....hall of famer...congrats...retire....please.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

This is why I said kickers kick in the preseason at least the first half he comes in without any game competition at all his miscues and us getting them a first down after a field goal cost us dearly. Brissett was not the problem it was stupid and just bad end just bad plays

Yeah, it definitely wasn't Brissetts fault. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Maybe,   but who do they sign ?

I mean, I'd have more confidence in Sanchez place kicking than AV right now... honestly. He was bad late last year. He was brutal today. I'm not confident in him this season, and Frank should gameplan accordingly. 4th and short, we have better odds going for it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I think this is an over-reaction right now.

Ya think?!?!panic-button-300x226.png

• Haha 1

Just too many mistakes all around to beat a really good team at their house. Vinny is an easy scapegoat, although, in hindsight, we should have moved on. 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Our DL middle left much to be desired, it was our biggest concern going in. I don’t think we played good QBs last year that we could place extra defenders by the box and this resulted in a stellar run D stat last year.

This year is going to be different.

Looked much better in the second half.   Not so much in OT

2 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Just too many mistakes all around to beat a really good team at their house. Vinny is an easy scapegoat, although, in hindsight, we should have moved on. 

We also spotted the chargers 14 points on nonsense penalties 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Everyone was talking bout this D being top 10 even top 5 based on last year.  I said it, wait we will b playing top level O"s and we will truly see how good this D is.  I said our D was not that good based on th KC playoff game.  Lets hope is just a bad day and not of sign of things to come.

You are correct.  They went against a bunch of lower tier QB last year.  

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Vinny's misses did really hurt, but there's always more to a loss than just one play or player.  Imagine the narrative if the touchdown pass to Ebron that didn't count ended up being in bounds and he maintained possession the whole time.  Would people still be demanding he retire or be cut if the Colts won today?

I think this is an over-reaction right now.  Everyone is prone to bad games here and there.  Vinny still kicked above his career FG% last year. In fact, the last time he had a season where he kicked below his career FG% was 2012.  He is old, but let's not let one bad game tell us that his career is over.  Let's see how he does in the next couple of games first.

Suppose we will wait to see of he loses us another game, maybe against a division rival. Then get the pitchforks out.

There are always hundreds of variables, but 7 points left on the field is a lot.

It hurts that it was Vinny, but if he made even the EP, we’d have had a decent chance to walk outa there with the W today. And he knows it.

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Vinny's misses did really hurt, but there's always more to a loss than just one play or player.  Imagine the narrative if the touchdown pass to Ebron that didn't count ended up being in bounds and he maintained possession the whole time.  Would people still be demanding he retire or be cut if the Colts won today?

I think this is an over-reaction right now.  Everyone is prone to bad games here and there.  Vinny still kicked above his career FG% last year. In fact, the last time he had a season where he kicked below his career FG% was 2012.  He is old, but let's not let one bad game tell us that his career is over.  Let's see how he does in the next couple of games first.

He does stink kicking in that stadium in that direction. I went to a Colt - Charger game around 2010. It's the game where Manning threw like 4 ints . Vinny yanked a game winner on the games last play. I think it was around 29 yards

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Looked much better in the second half.   Not so much in OT

We don’t have the quality depth, IMO.

Brissett and the run offense showed us they could hang in games. If not for special teams, we’d have won. Our OL looked top notch again, it was beautiful to watch the lanes they made for Mack.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It was 7 points. 7 POINTS!!! That is unforgivable for a professional kicker of his stature in 1 game. It was his loss today. He lost that game. You can forgive s missed PAT. You can forgive a missed FG. There is no forgiveness for 2 missed FG and a missed PAT in the same game. It's time for him to be done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We don’t have the quality depth, IMO.

Brissett and the run offense showed us they could hang in games. If not for special teams, we’d have won. Our OL looked top notch again, it was beautiful to watch the lanes they made for Mack.

Agree about the oline.   The dominated in the second half.    Also,   our guys didn't seem to have trouble with the heat as much as the chargers.   The training staff prepared them well

Just now, ManningGM said:

He needs to go. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

He isn't getting cut. 

I highly doubt they are going to cut him after this game, beyond what all the GM's on this site think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree about the oline.   The dominated in the second half.    Also,   our guys didn't seem to have trouble with the heat as much as the chargers.   The training staff prepared them well

He isn't getting cut. 

He needs to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

It was 7 points. 7 POINTS!!! That is unforgivable for a professional kicker of his stature in 1 game. It was his loss today. He lost that game. You can forgive s missed PAT. You can forgive a missed FG. There is no forgiveness for 2 missed FG and a missed PAT in the same game. It's time for him to be done.

He had a bad game.   It sucks,   but he isn't getting cut. 

Middle of the field defense has to be better. 

Vinny has to be better. Today was inexcusable.

The Titans game will be interesting. 

8 minutes ago, dw49 said:

He does stink kicking in that stadium in that direction. I went to a Colt - Charger game around 2010. It's the game where Manning threw like 4 ints . Vinny yanked a game winner on the games last play. I think it was around 29 yards

That was in a different stadium and city.

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

He had a bad game before this in the Divisional Round too.

• Like 1

Just now, ManningGM said:

He had a bad game before this in the Divisional Round too.

He is the GOAT.   He isn't getting cut.   Here may retire,   but I doubt it.    He knows he had a bad game.    He won't go out like that.    

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

He absoultely let everyone down today. He lost this game single-handily....IMHO. 

Its just not the way I’d put it.  If he’d have made a stupid penalty or something like that, I’d use that term.

But he just shouldn’t still be kicking.  He should’ve been released when they set the roster last season — and we should’ve held on to Badgley.  Then he should’ve been released after KC.

They’ve held onto him because of who he is rather than him still being the best option for the team.

I’m more angry at Ballard for hanging onto him than I am at him for missing kicks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes I know he is not getting cut. I also know that when old age hits, things don't get better because we want them to

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

You can't say what would have happened on that drive if they kept it. We can say that he left seven points off the board for us.

Then any missed FG in any game where a team loses by less points than the amount of FG missed, like 2 pts sometimes, is the kickers fault for losing the game?

The way I see it.

That dropped punt is how we got the ball for him to miss one of the FGs we're complaining about, I think.

And we scored a two point conversion to offset the missed PAT

The defense failed to stop Rivers at anytime, until Rivers stopped himself by choosing to throw it late in the middle of the endzone.

And we actually lost the game by the D hardly challenging SD moving the ball on us in OT.

He is the GOAT.   He isn't getting cut.   Here may retire,   but I doubt it.    He knows he had a bad game.    He won't go out like that.    

Don’t forget that we let Peyton Manning go.  He didn’t retire then.

The fact that he’s the GOAT has clouded everybody’s thinking — including, apparently, Irsay, Ballard, and Reich.