Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins Full Tank Mode

MPStack

One thing funny about losing is the scripted response "we'll just have to do better the next time." Tanking is not a disgrace now days look at (New England) teams that pick up gangsters and disregard  potential draft picks with dirt in their back pockets. The media pampers the bad boys because they are ordered to. Nothing now days is disgraceful. Cheating like everyday life is acceptable in all walks of life if not encouraged. We no longer talk athletic ability but contract millions. Corporate billboards line our stadiums and those stadiums are now named after corporations instead of towns and heroes. Tanking? So what? College players will start getting paid and if you don't believe that then wait & see. It's all about money. Remember what Michael Douglas said, " Greed is good." Sports is money and money is sports. Wanna buy my sneakers?!

28 minutes ago, King Colt said:

One thing funny about losing is the scripted response "we'll just have to do better the next time." Tanking is not a disgrace now days look at (New England) teams that pick up gangsters and disregard  potential draft picks with dirt in their back pockets. The media pampers the bad boys because they are ordered to. Nothing now days is disgraceful. Cheating like everyday life is acceptable in all walks of life if not encouraged. We no longer talk athletic ability but contract millions. Corporate billboards line our stadiums and those stadiums are now named after corporations instead of towns and heroes. Tanking? So what? College players will start getting paid and if you don't believe that then wait & see. It's all about money. Remember what Michael Douglas said, " Greed is good." Sports is money and money is sports. Wanna buy my sneakers?!

Dude,   wth are you even talking about?    

The Dolphins staffed their team then decided to clean house. Nothing wrong their but what guarantee do they have of getting it right the next time? 102 points in two games so far this year. Fitz & Drake want out and others will follow if they get their wish. What will be their attendance numbers at season's end?

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Dolphins staffed their team then decided to clean house. Nothing wrong their but what guarantee do they have of getting it right the next time? 102 points in two games so far this year. Fitz & Drake want out and others will follow if they get their wish. What will be their attendance numbers at season's end?

The fans should be excited at having the #1 pick in the draft.   It sucks to see your team losing like this, but surely the fans knew that they wouldn't be winning the division.  I remember the excitement when the Colts were going to draft Manning.  

1st round (Dolphins)

1st round (Texans)

2nd round (Dolphins)

2nd round (Saints)

3rd round (Dolphins)

4th round (Titans)

6th round (Dolphins)

6th round (Cowboys)

I should also note that the local news out here told us that the Patriots "sent a statement to the NFL" by beating up a team that had given up 59 points the week prior.

Yeah, like the margin of victory was ever in doubt for the game yesterday, whatever makes you go to sleep happy at night....

2 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

I should also note that the local news out here told us that the Patriots "sent a statement to the NFL" by beating up a team that had given up 59 points the week prior.

Yeah, like the margin of victory was ever in doubt for the game yesterday, whatever makes you go to sleep happy at night....

19 point spread covered! 

1 hour ago, buffalo34 said:

Brady was trying get AB involved early.. then they went full run mode since both starting Tackles were out of the game..  (score been a lot more lopsided if Canon and Wynn were not injured)

22 hours ago, King Colt said:

That’s how to tank. GM ‘cleans house’.  The players (left) are trying their best.  

Fitzpatrick now a Steeler.  There’ll probably be more moved.

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That’s how to tank. GM ‘cleans house’.  The players (left) are trying their best.  

Fitzpatrick now a Steeler.  There’ll probably be more moved.

Do they have an good NT/DTs?

nope, nevermind.  They really dont have much of anyone left that'd help us much

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Are the Dolphins a worse team than the 2008 Lions? 

maybe.   I think they will win a game or 2 though.   They do get the Jets twice, the Bills twice, the Bengals and the Redskins.  Not that I think they are good, but they had a tough 4 games to start the season (Ravens, Pats, Cowboys and Chargers).  The next 4 - Redskins, Bills, Steelers and Jets.

I predict that they come out with a win in one of those games.  

On 9/15/2019 at 5:37 PM, MPStack said:

Another nail biter game today. Dolphins played their hearts out. 

embarrassing community GIF

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Hmmmm.....

1 hour ago, Myles said:

maybe.   I think they will win a game or 2 though.   They do get the Jets twice, the Bills twice, the Bengals and the Redskins.  Not that I think they are good, but they had a tough 4 games to start the season (Ravens, Pats, Cowboys and Chargers).  The next 4 - Redskins, Bills, Steelers and Jets.

I predict that they come out with a win in one of those games.  

:funny:

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

Lions were probably better.  they at least had calvin Johnson and a veteran journeyman QB.  i think the defense was the main reason they were that bad

On 9/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, Myles said:

The fans should be excited at having the #1 pick in the draft.   It sucks to see your team losing like this, but surely the fans knew that they wouldn't be winning the division.  I remember the excitement when the Colts were going to draft Manning.  

1st round (Dolphins)

1st round (Texans)

1st round (Steelers)

2nd round (Dolphins)

2nd round (Saints)

3rd round (Dolphins)

3rd round (compensatory pic)

5th round (Steelers)

6th round (Dolphins)

6th round (Cowboys)

7th round (Colts)

Two 1st round picks and two second round picks in 2021 as well.  

I'm not a huge fan of tanking, but the Dolphins did it well.   In 2-3 years they will be a good young team with a bright future.   Even Grigson would be able to hit on some of all those picks.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm not a huge fan of tanking, but the Dolphins did it well.   In 2-3 years they will be a good young team with a bright future.   Even Grigson would be able to hit on some of all those picks.  

Not if they keep trading away talent. Who says they hit on all those picks? They might not even draft the right QB.

12 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Not if they keep trading away talent. Who says they hit on all those picks? They might not even draft the right QB.

No one says they will hit on all of those picks.   They have enough to afford the misses that every team makes.  

If I was Cincy, Jets, Denver, Washington, Arizona or a few other teams, I would envy the position the Dolphins are in.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, Myles said:

No one says they will hit on all of those picks.   They have enough to afford the misses that every team makes.  

If I was Cincy, Jets, Denver, Washington, Arizona or a few other teams, I would envy the position the Dolphins are in.

I agree.  More than 1/2 the league should envy them. 

On 10/3/2019 at 8:24 AM, Myles said:

I used to like Chris Grier (the GM), he got Minkah, who was my favorite defensive player from that draft. Wilkins the next year, who was my favorite player this year and traded for Rosen who was my favorite QB from his class. But he just trades away first rounders like their nothing. I know Minkah wanted to go, but only because they kept moving him around. They traded Tunsil, a very good LT with a lot of Potential. Even though they robbed the Texans of their picks, it'll be hard for him to replace a guy like that. Especially when you have Rosen, a QB who could probably use a LT, but instead, he is just gonna let him get murderd then think he's bad and draft Tua or Herbert. 

22 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I used to like Chris Grier (the GM), he got Minkah, who was my favorite defensive player from that draft. Wilkins the next year, who was my favorite player this year and traded for Rosen who was my favorite QB from his class. But he just trades away first rounders like their nothing. I know Minkah wanted to go, but only because they kept moving him around. They traded Tunsil, a very good LT with a lot of Potential. Even though they robbed the Texans of their picks, it'll be hard for him to replace a guy like that. Especially when you have Rosen, a QB who could probably use a LT, but instead, he is just gonna let him get murderd then think he's bad and draft Tua or Herbert. 

The Minkah trade made less sense since he is on year 1 of his rookie deal.  But they got OK return for him.   The Colts messed up by not trading for him.  

The Tunsil trade was brilliance from Miami.  

The only bummer for Miami is that the Bengals, Jets and Redskins are all also winless.  

32 minutes ago, Myles said:

The Minkah trade made less sense since he is on year 1 of his rookie deal.  But they got OK return for him.   The Colts messed up by not trading for him.  

The Tunsil trade was brilliance from Miami.  

The only bummer for Miami is that the Bengals, Jets and Redskins are all also winless.  

That what I was saying about the Tunsil/Stills trade, they got sooo much in return and robbed the Texans but what did it cost. It's hard to find a great LT, there isn't mush in the NFL. I mean if Bill O'brien offers you a deal like that(if he was the one to offer it) you have to take it. But as for wanting Rosen(again, if they want him as a franchise QB, probably not)to be your future it's not the smartest, at least bench him all year so he doesn't die. 

8 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

That what I was saying about the Tunsil/Stills trade, they got sooo much in return and robbed the Texans but what did it cost. It's hard to find a great LT, there isn't mush in the NFL. I mean if Bill O'brien offers you a deal like that(if he was the one to offer it) you have to take it. But as for wanting Rosen(again, if they want him as a franchise QB, probably not)to be your future it's not the smartest, at least bench him all year so he doesn't die. 

I don't think that Miami is planning on Rosen being their long term answer.