Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dolphins Full Tank Mode

MPStack

From PFT's Mike Florio:

"Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, multiple Dolphins players contacted their agents after Sunday’s season-opening blowout loss and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff, despite claiming that they intend to try to win, aren’t serious about competing and winning and by all appearances have bought into the notion that the Dolphins will take their lumps now in the hopes of laying the foundation via high draft picks for building a successful team later."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Anyone has Brady, AB, or the Pats D start them in fantasy next week lol.. he’ll i may just pick up a D that’s facing them every week! Lol

they usually come to play against the Patriots in Miami, but its hard to imagine this dolphins team beating a stacked Patriots offense.

they might be among the worst teams the league has seen in a while lol.  kind of amazing they have won as many games as they have over the last few years too

21 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

From PFT's Mike Florio:

"Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, multiple Dolphins players contacted their agents after Sunday’s season-opening blowout loss and directed them to attempt to engineer trades elsewhere. The players believe that the coaching staff, despite claiming that they intend to try to win, aren’t serious about competing and winning and by all appearances have bought into the notion that the Dolphins will take their lumps now in the hopes of laying the foundation via high draft picks for building a successful team later."

Didn't see that, but I’ll gladly place a bet L. Jackson won’t throw numbers like that in another game these season.  It was tooooooo easy. 

They are doing things the way they feel they need to in order to build a good team in the next few years.  They should trade some of the players who want out if they can get a good pick back for them.  They seem destined for the #1 draft and should get a QB of the future there. It's a big bummer for Rosen as no one will know if he is good or not for 2 straight seasons.   

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

Hoody should treat the Dolphins game as preseason resting all starters. Fish players are on their phones to their agents screaming, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Oh i think not.  The new Dolphins coach took a lot of Patriot assistants with him.  Bill never forgets and I feel a beat down is coming

11 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Oh i think not.  The new Dolphins coach took a lot of Patriot assistants with him.  Bill never forgets and I feel a beat down is coming

I agree

Brady 23/24 435 yards 6 TDs (first half)

Studham 19/25 280 yards 3 TDs

AB 150 yards 2 TDS

Gordon 135 yards 2 TDS

Edelman 200 yards 3 TDs

Dorsett 150 yards TD

Meyers  80 yards TD

be like playing Madden on rookie.. (watch now the Patriots play horrible like usual in Miami and find a way to lose lol)

On 9/10/2019 at 10:02 AM, JimJaime said:

I agree

AB 150 yards 2 TDS

Gordon 135 yards 2 TDS

Edelman 200 yards 3 TDs

Dorsett 150 yards TD

Meyers  80 yards TD

be like playing Madden on rookie.. (watch now the Patriots play horrible like usual in Miami and find a way to lose lol)

715 passing yards, wow.

Bold! Very bold!!

That's 188 more passing yards than the recent (after 1990) record holder, Matt Schaub's 527.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:02 AM, JimJaime said:

I agree

AB 150 yards 2 TDS

Gordon 135 yards 2 TDS

Edelman 200 yards 3 TDs

Dorsett 150 yards TD

Meyers  80 yards TD

Brady would never come out of that game, no matter how much they lead by.  

He's a stat padder. 

7 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And now Minkah Fitzpatrick is allowed to explore a trade

I would be all about Fitzpatrick coming to the Colts. He can play multiple positions in the secondary. Of course, I’d be shocked anyone meets the Dolphins asking price. What a mess in Meeyamee.

i don't think they are going to get a first round pick for him. he made a statement about not liking playing the box safety role since hes not 215-220 i'd see if they'd be game with a third and a player Quincy and a 3rd? 

23 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I would be all about Fitzpatrick coming to the Colts. He can play multiple positions in the secondary. Of course, I’d be shocked anyone meets the Dolphins asking price. What a mess in Meeyamee.

2 minutes ago, waka waka said:

i don't think they are going to get a first round pick for him. he made a statement about not liking playing the box safety role since hes not 215-220 i'd see if they'd be game with a third and a player Quincy and a 3rd? 

I doubt they’d budge for anything but a 1st.  

• Like 1

Who knows how the coaches handle the game plans and play calls.  I can guarantee that the players will try their best every play. Their play and effort on tape is their living, breathing resume'.  But even trying on plays called that are not conducive in the situation can make them look bad.  That's why some of them want out. That and not wanting to rack up the losses.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Has anybody considered the notion that their coach may be incompetent also?

hes new.  the old coach got a lot of flak but its kind of amazing he managed to win as many games as he did with this team.

the good coaching candidates wouldnt touch this team right now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Brady would never come out of that game, no matter how much they lead by.  

He's a stat padder. 

hes wants Peytons records and is getting close.  our best hope at this point is that Brees gets them and holds off TB12 lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Has anybody considered the notion that their coach may be incompetent also?

I feel sorry for Brian Flores. However, you have to start somewhere and he probably won’t last through that rebuild.  As a first time HC, you’d probably like a little better situation taking over a team, than the mess in Miami. Hopefully, it works out for him, but I doubt Miami is competitive for at least three years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I feel sorry for Brian Flores. However, you have to start somewhere and he probably won’t last through that rebuild.  As a first time HC, you’d probably like a little better situation taking over a team, than the mess in Miami. Hopefully, it works out for him, but I doubt Miami is competitive for at least three years.

Agreed about Flores.

I think the term tanking means that players are not playing hard, or that management is trying to get the team to lose.

I think management has decided they are in rebuild mode.  To think they are shedding players in hopes of losing enough games in hopes of getting the first pick in the drat to take Tua just doesn't make sense.  They want a lot of picks so they can start from scratch, not just for a Alabama QB.

Not a bad plan really.  Sucks for this year though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Agreed about Flores.

I think the term tanking means that players are not playing hard, or that management is trying to get the team to lose.

I think management has decided they are in rebuild mode.  To think they are shedding players in hopes of losing enough games in hopes of getting the first pick in the drat to take Tua just doesn't make sense.  They want a lot of picks so they can start from scratch, not just for a Alabama QB.

Not a bad plan really.  Sucks for this year though.

That's it.  I think the definition of tankiong is the GM/team having a fire sale of their best players to tear down and rebuild from the ground up.  Not player effort or coaches game plans and play calls.  They have tlo do their best or risk never having a job in the NFL ever again.

35 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That's it.  I think the definition of tankiong is the GM/team having a fire sale of their best players to tear down and rebuild from the ground up.  Not player effort or coaches game plans and play calls.  They have tlo do their best or risk never having a job in the NFL ever again.

I disagree, if I read you correctly.  I think tanking is intentionally trying to lose.  I don't think management is trading away players in order to lose.  Losing just gets you a higher draft position.  

I think they are trading players in order to get more picks and rebuild the team under some sort of different plan.  Losing this season is a byproduct of that, but I don't think it is the goal.  JMO.

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

I disagree, if I read you correctly.  I think tanking is intentionally trying to lose. 

That doesn't happen with players and coaches in the NFL.  they like their jobs and the pay. Losing on purpose is a one way ticket out of the NFL.

I don't think management is trading away players in order to lose.  Losing just gets you a higher draft position.  

And trading away players gets more draft picks at the higher [position.

I think they are trading players in order to get more picks and rebuild the team under some sort of different plan. 

Yes, and I find that I can finally embrace the term 'tanking' if that is the definition.

Losing this season is a byproduct of that, but I don't think it is the goal.  JMO.

Not necessarily the goal, yet an expected result. Face it, amidst all the 'next man up' mantra's, everyone knows that the next man isn't as good as the first man.

10 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

That doesn't happen with players and coaches in the NFL.  they like their jobs and the pay. Losing on purpose is a one way ticket out of the NFL.

And trading away players gets more draft picks at the higher [position.

Yes, and I find that I can finally embrace the term 'tanking' if that is the definition.

Not necessarily the goal, yet an expected result. Face it, amidst all the 'next man up' mantra's, everyone knows that the next man isn't as good as the first man.

We have different terms.  I simply think they are trying to get as many draft picks ASAP.  I think they would like to win in spite of that, but they know they won't and losing now won't let it stop their plan.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

We have different terms.  I simply think they are trying to get as many draft picks ASAP.  I think they would like to win in spite of that, but they know they won't and losing now won't let it stop their plan.

1.0  Players and coaches never 'try' to lose. Never.  They can't tank.

2.0 GM's know the backups are not as good.  Therefore, if they deal away the better players for draft capital in the future, that places the losing on them.  They tanked the team. Not players, not coaches.

The lesser players will still try. The coaches will try to hide weaknesses and exploit strengths. But a GM doesn't make a team better or a winner by getting rid of the better players.  It does likely add numbers to the loss column. Even if they hope the coaches can still find a way to win (which they most often do not).