Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers Game Day Thread

Just now, rockywoj said:

What a b.s. penalty call that was!

Nah...that was a good call.  Can't ever hit the center on kicks.

Just now, rockywoj said:

What a b.s. penalty call that was!

It's not a nonsense call. It's the rule. You can't hit a center with his head down... so don't give them a reason to call it. 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

wow...you're not allowed to touch the center?????

not when the centers head is down. 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

wow...you're not allowed to touch the center?????

Not when he has his head down.  But it seems to me that if that is the case the long snapper should just stand there with his head down the while time.

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I'm seeing what he's saying.....They're looking at the speed we have on 'D" and they say..Lets just go straight at them.

..down 7-0

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

Is that a new rule....because I am pretty sure I have been seeing centers knocked on their butts for decades now!

I think they put it in place before last year.  So not brand new but not old either.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Now with the lead they are going to kill JB. We look like we had no preseason games. 

I’m not sure how well we groomed ourselves during the preseason anyway, we only won one game :(

1 minute ago, chad hugo said:

Making it harder for brissett now 

We’re you expecting the defense to pitch a shutout? It’s the first quarter. 7-0 relax

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Not when he has his head down.  But it seems to me that if that is the case the long snapper should just stand there with his head down the while time.

haha.  I get what you mean, but that's the way I have seen most do it (well, they stay in their stance).  They wait until the pressure is beyond them and then they lift their head and run downfield or off the field, lol.

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Is that a new rule....because I am pretty sure I have been seeing centers knocked on their butts for decades now!

It’s for long snappers on punts and kicks. It’s been that way for a while.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

That was a really quick quarter. Run blocking has looked rough.

Hopefully they settle in.  They're looking better this drive.  Frank mixing it up a bit.

A lot of football left to play.

5 minutes ago, MPStack said:

We’re you expecting the defense to pitch a shutout? It’s the first quarter. 7-0 relax

Its been a long offseason and the anticipation has been too much. I need perfection and nothing else !  :D

OL just can't get much push.  JB is going to have to win the game.

JB is 6'4"?  Always seemed shorter

Just now, Indy_Mike said:

What do these sports talking heads keep taking pot shots at Colts fans because a few dozen drunk, non season ticket holders were upset because Andrew retired during the preseason game?

Because, they are intellectually lazy.