Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

I thought JB had a great game.

I thought Mack had a great game.

I thought TY had a great game.

Defense.....That interception in the endzone was huge.

Vinny had an off day.

But there was a lot of good in the game today.   I'm encouraged.

• Like 3

Disappointing end to the game, only ourselves to blame as you cannot throw away 4 points. 

However, some positives to take from the game with brissett looking not as bad as a lot of people thought he would be. 

We need to move onto next week and see what happens with the kicking situation. 

Let's keep our heads up, it is only first game. 

The defense was way too inconsistent today. Special teams killed us.  Offense looked great.  Kinda reminds me of the start last season with just too many mistakes.  Vinateri is the GOAT but that was just brutal but then again...I’m no kicker ha.  We’re good I think just need to clean up some really bad mistakes.  Handed LA that game 

1 hour ago, luv_pony_express said:

It’s past time, actually.

Badgley kicked well for us in last year’s preseason.  Should’ve cut Vinny then.  Then we had a second opportunity after the KC fiasco.  Signed him again.

Its the biggest personnel mistake of Ballard’s tenure so far.

That was stupid he showed us he was done in KC last year.

Disappointing loss.  Good news is, despite all the errors and given up points, Colts were right there against one of the AFC favourites.   Should’ve won, so optimism remains!

Oh, and this result would be no different if Luck were playing.  Difference in the game = one defensive offside penalty and or 7 missed points on special teams.  Just gotta clean that up for next week.

Speaking of which, next week’s game vs Titans is HUGE!  Must win to get in the divisional driver seat vs being 2 games back and in deficit vs a division foe. 

Go Colts!

• Like 2

I feel as good about the run game as I am worried about Vinny.

The defense was a mixed bag but leaned toward disappointing. Still getting killed by screens. Pass rush was better but the Chargers were really hurting on the OL. The worst thing was our run defense by far. Coverage didn't look great either, lots of uncontested catches.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Aside from it hanging 40 on a much favoured Browns D. Or are you saying you get some weird results in week one..

I only saw most of the 2nd half.

Mayfield threw that game away.  Titans didn't impress me as much as Clev disappointed.

We should be able to stop their run game.

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Vinny had a garbage day.

He did.    He may be re-thinking retirement.  He said when he felt like he could no longer help the team, he'd retire.

I'm finding myself wishing he would have just retired at the end of last season.    

I appreciate everything he's done for our organization.  He won many games for us, and none of us should ever forget that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1