Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Kill all the bowls?  They could easily incorporate those bowl games into a true FBS playoff format if they wanted to.  Again FCS teams do it no reason they couldn't do it at the FBS level.  None of your bullet points holds water.
    • Thanks for the added detail So even earlier start lol...  I don't understand you last bullet. Mind expanding?    
    • True. One of the reasons I’m on this forum is that I do like the horse shoe. I especially like Peyton Manning. He killed the Ravens many times, but you couldn’t help but admire him. A fine gentleman.  The history is already spread between the two cities. Hang the old Colt Championship banners in both cities, and get back the original Super Bowl 5 trophy back from the Frontiere family. Then both Baltimore and Indy would have a Super Bowl 5 trophy.  It is a great history that seems to be in an odd purgatory or limbo. It should be celebrated. Totally agree. 
    • Honestly, I was bummed, but that was long ago. Irsay was a bad owner, but Baltimore also made many mistakes including not building a stadium, eminent domain, etc . The big mistake was not building a stadium for Carroll Rosenbloom , who deserved one. The politicians in Baltimore were bad back then, and they are bad today. Anyway, we all understand the business of the move, as have many other cities. I think we are past that part.  To me , the first name , means a lot. Whether it is Brooklyn Dodgers or LA Dodgers, or Baltimore or Indy Colts. The logo to me means nothing without the fans and the support of the city. Robert Mathis got it right about the city connection.  Anyway, do you really think it’s cool to throw Deforest Buckner into a 1956 Colts video with Unitas, Moore, and Berry to sell a few t shirts ? Is that true to the Colts legacy ? Seems kind of overly commercial to me.   
    • To allow history to be forgotten is one the worst things that can happen. We need to keep the history alive from both cities so that future generations of Colts fans understand the significance of the ‘Shoe and to keep the stories and legacies of the past players in tact. I don’t think @The Old Crow has a problem with that. It’s more how you present the history. 
  • Members

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 6,922

• The Old Crow

The Old Crow 837

• ar7

ar7 423

• Jared Cisneros

Jared Cisneros 4,412

• EastStreet

EastStreet 15,757

• Four2itus