Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

The offense looks pretty good. We just can’t get the dang ball.

I just think we need to adjust and execute a little better on D. I dont think we are overmatched. 1st game of the year is usually the sloppiest and then things tighten as more games are played

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow! Vinny missed again. Can't win games doing that. Down 17-6 at half. The defensive penalty gives them 7 instead of 3 and then Vinny misses an extra point and a FG, that is just point swings you can't have to beat good teams. This could easily be a 13-10 game but instead we are down 17-6.

We get the ball to start the 2nd half and need 7 IMO to keep this competitive.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, James said:

Please retire Vinny.

Crap at the end of last season. Still is.

It's not AV's responsibility to retire if he can't perform any more.  It is the team management's responsibility to cut him.  If a player wants to continue to play and there is a team that is willing to sign him, then go ahead and continue to play.  It is the responsibility of the management of each team to determine whether having a player on the team hurts or helps the team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

Brissett has been pretty good so far

12-14 for 112 yards and TD

Not bad 

Yeah he's playing very error free and consistent.  Unfortunately Vinny isn't giving him any help, neither is the D so much busting on third and long multiple times.   

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'll admit it, I'm not optimistic about a victory at this point. Really hope to be proven wrong of course. 

With how well the Chargers have run the clock off, we're gonna have to play pretty much a perfect half to win the game.

It isn't insurmountable but AV has to hit kicks and Defense is going to have to make stops

Marlon Mack is not doing us any favors.   He cannot find a hole on his own.   He can't see the field.     I was hoping to be wrong about him this season, and I still am, but we could do so much better at RB and that is what this team needs.   Take pressure off of JB. Keep the ball and keep the D on the sidelines

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Game should be even closer if not for that stupid call they made on Autry on the field goal.

It was the right call.

Knew what flag was for before they announced it.

Only thing stupid about was Autry doing it. Been a penalty for a while now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

It's not AV's responsibility to retire if he can't perform any more.  It is the team management's responsibility to cut him.  If a player wants to continue to play and there is a team that is willing to sign him, then go ahead and continue to play.  It is the responsibility of the management of each team to determine whether having a player on the team hurts or helps the team.

Time for a new kicker.

6 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I'll admit it, I'm not optimistic about a victory at this point. Really hope to be proven wrong of course. 

With how well the Chargers have run the clock off, we're gonna have to play pretty much a perfect half to win the game.

We need to score out of the gate...

And then i'll be optimistic. 

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

This isn't the big time.  Play these kids.  It's the best way to get better.

This whole season is basically one long preseason for the Colts.  It isn't about winning this season.  It is about preparing this team to win in the future.

• Like 2