Indianapolis Colts
LucasOilStadium

Colts @ Los Angeles Chargers Game Day Thread

NFL Regular Season Game Day Is Back  Colts fans!  :)  Our 2019 Indianapolis Colts are in Southern California, to begin their 2019 Regular Season with the Los Angeles Chargers.  Both the Colts and L.A. Chargers are playing their 27th all-time regular season meeting, with the L.A. Chargers leading 16-10.

Colts are also playing a scheduled road game at the Chargers for the first time in 6 years, and also  seek their first regular season road win at the  Chargers for the first time in 11 seasons.

Both teams have lost their marquee players in different circumstances.  Colts Andrew Luck decided to retire because of his lingering physical problems, while L.A. Chargers running back Melvin Gordon is holding out from the team because he desires a new contract on par with other productive running backs in the NFL.

L.A. Chargers also  might be without their kicker because Michael Badgeley had limited practice last week because of their groin injury and listed as doubtful.

Frank Reich begins his second NFL regular season as the Colts Head Coach, and Jacoby Brissett is the Colts starting quarterback,  with Brian Hoyer his  backup, both players  former Patriots QBs.  Brissett was also the Week 1 starter while Andrew Luck was injured in 2017.

Chargers team and franchise is actually the second reincarnation of the Los Angeles Chargers.  Original Chargers were one of the original members  in the American Football League, and played their first season in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in 1960.  Chargers moved south to and became the San Diego Chargers from 1961 through 2017.

Also the L.A. Chargers beginning in their 2019 NFL Season,  discontinued wearing their navy blue jerseys as their home jerseys, and have designated their powder blue jersey, previously their alternate jersey, as their home jersey.

Adam Vinatieri kicked his game-winning 51-yard field goal at the end of regulation, to help Indianapolis defeat the San Diego Chargers in their last regular season win at Qualcomm Stadium back on November 23, 2008.

Andrew Luck's 63-yard TD pass to T.Y. Hilton with 1:17 remaining in the fourth quarter, was the game winner to defeat the L.A. Chargers in both teams last meeting played at Lucas Oil Stadium (the building)  on September 25, 2016, the win ending a three-game losing streak to the Chargers.

Greg Gumbel and former Rams and Chiefs QB Trent Green are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Melanie Collins for The NFL On CBS, televised regionally throughout the USA,  especially  locally on WTTV CBS Channel 4 in Indianapolis, all stations seen live on HD.

A mix of clear and partly cloudy skies at 81 degrees, is the local gamecast inside the Dignity Health Sports Park, in Carson, CAL, for the 4:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 41% humidity, and mild western winds at 4 miles per hour.

Head referee Shawn Smith leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the live game action on the field between the Colts and L.A. Chargers.

NO injuries, to both the Colts and L.A. Chargers players, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!   :rock:   :coltslogo:   :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:   :D

2019 Colts @ L.A Chargers Game Preview And Broadcast Info, Live NFL Game Center,  And The NFL On CBS Late Single Header TV Distribution Map In Green:

https://www.colts.com/news/2019-colts-preview-colts-chargers-week-1

https://www.colts.com/game-day/2019/reg-week1/colts-at-chargers/

https://nfl.com/gamecenter/2019090807/2019/REG1/colts@chargers

https://506sports.com/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks LOS for your always excellent game info. 

Just wanted to mention that if you are out of market and have DirecTV you can catch the game on Ch. 712 this Sunday as Sunday Ticket is running their usual Week 1 freebie.

• Like 2

*Pacing and clapping hands* okay okay come on come on let’s go let’s go... let’s DO THIS Colts!

My birthday was this past Friday, plus I have already started trash talking to my football buddies... come on Colts, give me a WIN to end my weekend perfectly! :rock::coltslogo::cheer:

Hey Chargers...

kung fu lets do this GIF

• Like 2

After an very interesting offseason.....

tenor.gif

Hopefully today is the beginning of a new era with this guy....

giphy.gif

Hope to see a lot of this....

tenor.gif

And this......

giphy.gif

Definitely this too!!!!!

giphy.gif

LEEEEEEETSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

And football season is back! It’s been a long wait and I’m still just as excited to watch our Colts as I’ve been every year for so many years!

Hello to all you fellow Colts fans out there today I’m glad to be a part of the Colts fan brotherhood/sisterhood here on the Colts forum! Looking forward to a great year of football with you fellow folks win or lose!

Lets enjoy it people football is back! Have a great opening Sunday of football everyone I really hope you all have a great day!

Go COLTS!! :1colts::coltslogo::cheer2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well it's here folks, season 36 starts today for Indianapolis. I have been through many ups and downs with this team since becoming a fan in 1984. 1984-1986 was just awful but I was so young I did not care much, was just glad we had a team here. 1987 was a very good season, we got Eric Dickerson and won the AFC East. Of course 1995 was a magical season with Jim Harbaugh as we came within one play of the SB, the glory seasons from 2003-2009 with Peyton winning a SB in 2006 and going to 2 SB's were the best, and the Andrew Luck era from 2012-2016/2018 was good as Luck had 4 playoff appearances. I am really not sure what to expect this season, I just hope it isn't like 1984-1986 or 2011 and 2017. Anyway go Colts! Once again, thanks LOS for the game thread.

• Like 3

Come out swinging for the fences baby. Protect the football. Establish Mack and the running game early. Force turnovers. Let's go. 

football nfl GIF by Indianapolis Colts

• Like 1

Gotta pinch myself...is it really FINALLY week 1??

Thanks, LOS for opening the thread and getting us off to a good start.

Hopefully JB is our next great QB.  Looking forward to it!!

(KC is up 7 on Jax already.  YES!)

Go Colts!  All day.  Every day.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Gotta pinch myself...is it really FINALLY week 1??

Thanks, LOS for opening the thread and getting us off to a good start.

Hopefully JB is our next great QB.  Looking forward to it!!

(KC is up 7 on Jax already.  YES!)

Go Colts!  All day.  Every day.

OUCH!  Foles throws the TD but landed hard on his left shoulder.  He's favoring it on the sidelines.  In the locker room now getting looked at.

Minshew is warming up on the sidelines....

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

OUCH!  Foles throws the TD but landed hard on his left shoulder.  He's favoring it on the sidelines.  In the locker room now getting looked at.

Wow did not know that. I see Chiefs are winning 10-7. I am getting the Falcons at Vikings game. Vikings look great so far up 14-0.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Foles is ruled out

This game is gonna get ugly

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow did not know that. I see Chiefs are winning 10-7. I am getting the Falcons at Vikings game. Vikings look great so far up 14-0.

Thank goodness for ST

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Baltimore ripping up the Dolphins. 21-0

Hollywood Brown 2 huge catch and run TD's.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Foles is ruled out

Thank goodness for ST

Wow!!

lol.  Mahomes is nuts crazy good.  Jax's D is not looking good.

Only first game, but it doesn't look like a good start for our biggestfear in our conf.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Foles is ruled out

Thank goodness for ST

Yeah I still can follow all the games by using ESPN but I did not see the Foles injury. 

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Wow!!

lol.  Mahomes is nuts crazy good.  Jax's D is not looking good.

Only first game, but it doesn't look like a good start for our biggestfear in our conf.

Jalen Ramsey is gonna get in trouble soon

• Haha 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I still can follow all the games by using ESPN but I did not see the Foles injury. 

Tyreek Hill went to the locker room as well.  Could be a shoulder injury for him as well.

why are they showing an NFC game in indy?  should be chiefs and jags

Tyreek Hill went to the locker room as well.  Could be a shoulder injury for him as well.

Head injury caused by JR

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Head injury caused by JR

Must have been that extra knee to the head after the tackle, haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

They are

NFC game on Fox

No early AFC game on

There was a slap too

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Because the Colts are on at 405 is why, so CBS is just showing 1 game today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

You were correct Shoulder

Whoever has Watkins in their Fantasy League has to be jumping for joy. Mahomes is using him like crazy. He already has 4 catches for 151 yards and 2 TD's!

They just reported Foles out for the rest of the game.  I have Ravens vs Dolphins on CBS here.  And Ravens now up 28-0 now.

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

They just reported Foles out for the rest of the game.  I have Ravens vs Dolphins on CBS here.  And Ravens now up 28-0 now.

T. Hill out too

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Whoever has Watkins in their Fantasy League has to be jumping for joy. Mahomes is using him like crazy. He already has 4 catches for 151 yards and 2 TD's!

Kelce  is not having a bad either 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Marquise Brown, 3 catches, 144 yards, 2 TD's.

Lamar Jackson 7-7 196 yds, 3 TD's.

Case Keenum  10-12 202 yds and 2 TD's

• Like 1

The dolphins really are tanking. Can’t wait until the game today.  Browns Oline looks bad against TN also. TN has the lead..

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

The dolphins really are tanking. Can’t wait until the game today. 

Yeah there are really no other game threads so talking about the other games is cool and fun. We still have 2 hours before Colts kickoff.

12 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Game officially ugly, but in a different way.

Mahomes went down with an apparent ankle injury.  meanwhile in the endzone. Myles Jack tosses a punch and is ejected.

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Mahomes went down with an apparent ankle injury.  meanwhile in the endzone. Myles Jack tosses a punch and is ejected.

Najee Goode to the rescue

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Wow that game is a mess.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Jax is bunch of street thugs

Losing Foles is a huge loss, without him they will be like last year IMO. I am not sure how bad his injury is but if it is a shoulder that isn't good news.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jax defense secondary is getting abused.  Mahomes is getting it out quick.  No chance for their DL to get any pressure at all.

31 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Glad we signed Hoyer!