Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Jdubu

Antonio brown to the pats

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

(Facepalm) it is widely reported AB WANTED be in NE and well everyone was saying the WR were a weak spot before this.. so a BLIND  man could see they still be interested..

 

that said if if you have AB in your fantasy league start him next week! My god the Dolphins are beyond bad!!

 

Wanting to be on a team and being willing to "blindly believe" & bet $30 million that said team still wanted you bad enough after you made yourself look completely crazy and unstable to force your current team to release you are two completely different things .... Unless you already had been told there was a good deal and roster spot waiting.

 

Like I said if you can't see the circumstances here are beyond fishy your fandom is causing you to blindly ignore the obvious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, esmort said:

 

Wanting to be on a team and being willing to "blindly believe" & bet $30 million that said team still wanted you bad enough after you made yourself look completely crazy and unstable to force your current team to release you are two completely different things .... Unless you already had been told there was a good deal and roster spot waiting.

 

Like I said if you can't see the circumstances here are beyond fishy your fandom is causing you to blindly ignore the obvious.

Good deal? 10 million guaranteed and all of it can be voided if he acts up?  Blind is the hatred you have.. Patriots do this kind of thing all the time.. and reason AB does it is MORE money next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Good deal? 10 million guaranteed and all of it can be voided if he acts up?  Blind is the hatred you have.. Patriots do this kind of thing all the time.. and reason AB does it is MORE money next year

 Actually is a 1 yr $15 million deal (with $9 million guaranteed) just about exactly what he was going to make this year in Oak  ... Hmmmm

 

Of course he's counting on a new deal next year, but it sure is nice he got almost the exact money this year he left in Oakland! 


And yes I do hate the Pats ;but you are being a blind homer, who is purposely ignoring the glaringly obvious (or the constant Pats rule bending/breaking has made you numb to the shadiness), but it doesn't change the facts ... this is a shady deal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, esmort said:

 Actually is a 1 yr $15 million deal (with $9 million guaranteed) just about exactly what he was going to make this year in Oak  ... Hmmmm

 

Of course he's counting on a new deal next year, but it sure is nice he got almost the exact money this year he left in Oakland! 


And yes I do hate the Pats ;but you are being a blind homer, who is purposely ignoring the glaringly obvious (or the constant Pats rule bending/breaking has made you numb to the shadiness), but it doesn't change the facts ... this is a shady deal.  

15 if he hits ALL his incentives! It’s 9 million risk by the Patriots on a player that’s been downright sick..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

15 if he hits ALL his incentives! It’s 9 million risk by the Patriots on a player that’s been downright sick..  

 

$15 mil, just for doing what a player is supposed to do it's a great contract (with a significant guarantee) considering the situation (they couldn't give him more without being obvious), but whatever you need to tell yourself ... anyone who isn't a Pats fan knows the whole deal is VERY shady.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://sports.yahoo.com/suspicions-grow-antonio-brown-patriots-144531799.html

 

If, and this is a big if, it turns out the Pats tampered in anyway the league needs to throw the book at them.  It would clear fines and losing draft picks isn’t enough to stop them from cheating.  I think IF it turns out they they tampered BB should get a one year suspension based on past history of this team.  Again this is all a big IF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, aavmarine said:

Man, you have problems!! You need to step away from this, if you thought I was serious. Like I said to that last guy who commented on this. "How old are you? Do you not know  what sarcasm is?"

 

How long have you been posting on internet message boards?     A week?

 

Because typically people who have been posting on these for any length of time understand that sarcasm often does not come across very well unless the poster does a much better job of making it....   obvious.     So,  the use of an emoji or two.    

 

The writer shouldn't blame the reader because the writer failed to make his meaning clear.

 

Next time,  try harder to make your meaning clear.    I'm not the only one who didn't see your sarcasm.....     that's on you,  not me or anyone else.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

How long have you been posting on internet message boards?     A week?

 

Because typically people who have been posting on these for any length of time understand that sarcasm often does not come across very well unless the poster does a much better job of making it....   obvious.     So,  the use of an emoji or two.    

 

The writer shouldn't blame the reader because the writer failed to make his meaning clear.

 

Next time,  try harder to make your meaning clear.    I'm not the only one who didn't see your sarcasm.....     that's on you,  not me or anyone else.

 

About a year long than you or the other ones complaining about a sarcastic post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bad look...reeks of an NBA move where superstar players basically get to dictate where they play. But I don't know what the league can do about it. The reality of the situation is that AB had a $30M guaranteed contract on Friday and now he only has a $9M guaranteed contract...he essentially "paid" $21M to become a free agent and sign anywhere. Does he have a good chance of breaking even or doing better on the deal? Sure. He also has the risk of blowing out a knee and never seeing another dollar, in which case this move will have cost him a TON of money.

 

As for whether he knew the Pats would sign him before he pulled this stunt...I'm sure he had a good idea given that they offered a first round pick for him last year. But as for "tampering" I dunno...the fact is, whether it was the Pats or not, SOMEBODY was going to sign AB once Oakland released him. So it's not like he pulled this stunt thinking there was any chance he'd hit the unemployment line. If it hadn't of been the Pats, it would have been KC or any one of a dozen teams who would have stepped in with similar contracts. He's too big a talent to go unclaimed.  Heck...I'm wondering if part of the Pats motivation to sign him was to keep him away from KC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$100,000,000 coach Gruden wanted to be AB's friend. Belichick will be his coach. Gruden got schooled while Belichick worked his plan. Big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 4:48 AM, csmopar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he sues to try and get that 30 million too....

 

I expected the showdown to eventually come to that, but it looks like AB will just take his release and keep moving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 4:20 PM, JimJaime said:

I think AB planned this whole thing! He didn’t want be traded from Pitt he told them to “cut me” as wel and they found a crazy trade partner.  He didn’t want be in Oakland and wanted be a Patriot.. so he acted insane and crazy and they cut him and he got what he wanted.  No collusion just a player getting what he wanted a chance at a ring with Brady.  I think mine is more plausible than the Patriots reaching out to anyone. 

 

Unless the parties involved are absolute bird brains, it's probably impossible to prove any collusion. So it's all kind of shrug-worthy to me.

 

Initially, I thought AB had lost his mind. Maybe he has, but if the shenanigans of the past month were just a ploy to get released, then he's a brilliant manipulator, and chances are he'll show up to New England and be a model citizen. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

Unless the parties involved are absolute bird brains, it's probably impossible to prove any collusion. So it's all kind of shrug-worthy to me.

 

Initially, I thought AB had lost his mind. Maybe he has, but if the shenanigans of the past month were just a ploy to get released, then he's a brilliant manipulator, and chances are he'll show up to New England and be a model citizen. 

He's moving in with Tom Brady... per CNN

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He's moving in with Tom Brady... per CNN

 

SMH

 

Crazy like a fox...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

SMH

 

Crazy like a fox...

Tom is going to "Mentor" him hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 4:17 AM, NM_Colts said:

I agree 100%. Everything he's done since being sent to Oakland was to get cut.  And now he's where he wanted to be.  I just hate seeing prima donna players pulling crap like this and getting away with it. 

 

22 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Looking at it objectively , Brown should get some kind of long suspension . Players shouldn't be allowed to do what he did and get away with it.  I'm expecting nothing but a perfect angel from him from now on .

 

22 hours ago, Gramz said:

Very anxious to see how this plays out. Just because the spoiled brat child  threw numerous tantrums, to finally get his way, doesn't mean the new adopted parents will be able to control him, or protect the others from his toxic personality.

 

 

Hopefully poetic justice will prevail.

 

:Nuke:

 

Honest question here....how is this behavior any different than Elway forcing a trade after refusing to play for the Colts? Or Eli forcing a trade after refusing to play for the Chargers? We all know how you guys feel about Peyton's little brother....but never once have I heard anyone here call him a spoiled brat or prima donna.

 

Antonio Brown didn't want to be in Oakland...so he essentially pulled some spit to get out. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

 

 

 

Honest question here....how is this behavior any different than Elway forcing a trade after refusing to play for the Colts? Or Eli forcing a trade after refusing to play for the Chargers? We all know how you guys feel about Peyton's little brother....but never once have I heard anyone here call him a spoiled brat or prima donna.

 

Antonio Brown didn't want to be in Oakland...so he essentially pulled some spit to get out. 

Those guys were honest and up front from the beginning that they would not play for those franchises. AB led on the raiders and even signed a new contract. They acted arrogant, but AB was straight acting like a clown. People force trades all the time, but I see few similarities with this situation.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

SMH

 

Crazy like a fox...

Makes the Steelers look kind of foolish taking a 3rd and a 5th for him when the Pats offered them a 1st. 

 

Thst said if he pulls stunts oike like he did in Pitt and Oakland BB cut him faster than he signed him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Makes the Steelers look kind of foolish taking a 3rd and a 5th for him when the Pats offered them a 1st. 

 

Thst said if he pulls stunts oike like he did in Pitt and Oakland BB cut him faster than he signed him. 

 

I mean, not wanting to trade him to NE is reasonable. This situation is kind of unprecedented.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Those guys were honest and up front from the beginning that they would not play for those franchises. AB led on the raiders and even signed a new contract. They acted arrogant, but AB was straight acting like a clown. People force trades all the time, but I see few similarities with this situation.

i think he was open to going to the raiders at first, and then realized he didnt like it when he got there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Honest question here....how is this behavior any different than Elway forcing a trade after refusing to play for the Colts? Or Eli forcing a trade after refusing to play for the Chargers? We all know how you guys feel about Peyton's little brother....but never once have I heard anyone here call him a spoiled brat or prima donna.

 

Antonio Brown didn't want to be in Oakland...so he essentially pulled some spit to get out. 

 

I've never heard of someone completely undermining their team while pretending to want to be on the team so they can be released. He made the NFL world think he was crazy for over a month, increasingly raising the stakes, until finally the Raiders pulled the plug. 

 

Carson Palmer told the Bengals he didn't want to play for them, and that he would rather retire. They called his bluff, he retired, then they traded him. Eli told the Chargers he didn't want to play for them; they traded him and got good value for him. Elway told the Colts he didn't want to play for them; they delayed the inevitable, but eventually traded him. 

 

Even TO, when the Niners tried to trade him to Baltimore, made it clear he wasn't going to report. There were other things going on with that situation, but he wasn't telling everyone he wanted to be a Raven while actively working to get the Ravens to release him.

 

We're now getting the indication that, outside of the frozen feet, everything AB has done over the last month was to get the Raiders to release him. And maybe even the frozen feet, which led to unexcused absences from camp. The helmet saga, picking a fight with the GM, etc. He literally hired people to help him get fired. 

 

I think it's unprecedented. He played the Raiders (and the Steelers, probably) like a drum to become a free agent, and it worked. It doesn't reflect on the Patriots, IMO; this is all about AB's manipulation of the teams he was on to get what he wanted. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't really matter what any of us think, now does it?

 

He wanted to play for the Pats, he made that clear, he  took a round about way getting there, but it is what it is. 

 

As for the Elway and Eli situations, they never signed anywhere prior to making their intentions known.  A bit diffetent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/suspicions-grow-antonio-brown-patriots-144531799.html

 

If, and this is a big if, it turns out the Pats tampered in anyway the league needs to throw the book at them.  It would clear fines and losing draft picks isn’t enough to stop them from cheating.  I think IF it turns out they they tampered BB should get a one year suspension based on past history of this team.  Again this is all a big IF.

Its a big IF since all teams tamper. Jets did it with Revis. No biggie- we just moved on.

also I believe it's 4.5 mil up front for the 1st half of the season. 4.5 the 2nd half.

 

If BB cuts him we eats some money for sure- and we're not loaded with $$ now. But as they say no gamble no reward. You have to be aggressive in this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Superman said:

 

I've never heard of someone completely undermining their team while pretending to want to be on the team so they can be released. He made the NFL world think he was crazy for over a month, increasingly raising the stakes, until finally the Raiders pulled the plug. 

 

Carson Palmer told the Bengals he didn't want to play for them, and that he would rather retire. They called his bluff, he retired, then they traded him. Eli told the Chargers he didn't want to play for them; they traded him and got good value for him. Elway told the Colts he didn't want to play for them; they delayed the inevitable, but eventually traded him. 

 

Even TO, when the Niners tried to trade him to Baltimore, made it clear he wasn't going to report. There were other things going on with that situation, but he wasn't telling everyone he wanted to be a Raven while actively working to get the Ravens to release him.

 

We're now getting the indication that, outside of the frozen feet, everything AB has done over the last month was to get the Raiders to release him. And maybe even the frozen feet, which led to unexcused absences from camp. The helmet saga, picking a fight with the GM, etc. He literally hired people to help him get fired. 

 

I think it's unprecedented. He played the Raiders (and the Steelers, probably) like a drum to become a free agent, and it worked. It doesn't reflect on the Patriots, IMO; this is all about AB's manipulation of the teams he was on to get what he wanted. 

It was a circus in LA what he did. I don't want him here not because I'm biased of head cases as long as they play football. I just like Phil Dorset (I have faith in him)  and Josh Gordon who I think is finally at peace with himself and confident. But I guess they'll (I hope) remain on the field and Brady will spread the ball around (sorry AB-get used to it) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Like having a rabid dog in a baby's crib. This has no chance of succeeding.

Are you calling Brady a baby.? haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:06 PM, IcEWoLF said:

As a pats fan I am in shock!

Bill doesn’t deal with *s like this!

how the hell?

Josh Gordon, Chad Johnson, and Randy Moss would all disagree with you lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, -JJ- said:

It was a circus in LA what he did. I don't want him here not because I'm biased of head cases as long as they play football. I just like Phil Dorset (I have faith in him)  and Josh Gordon who I think is finally at peace with himself and confident. But I guess they'll (I hope) remain on the field and Brady will spread the ball around (sorry AB-get used to it) :)

 

Oakland, but point taken.

 

And as good as the pass catchers looked Sunday night, no doubt AB is better than all of them. He is what I hoped Dorsett could become a shade of, and our offense wasn't suited to his traits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 12:07 AM, GoColts8818 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/suspicions-grow-antonio-brown-patriots-144531799.html

 

If, and this is a big if, it turns out the Pats tampered in anyway the league needs to throw the book at them.  It would clear fines and losing draft picks isn’t enough to stop them from cheating.  I think IF it turns out they they tampered BB should get a one year suspension based on past history of this team.  Again this is all a big IF.

tampering usually just brings a fine, and its not that much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

tampering usually just brings a fine, and its not that much 

Tarring and feathering are just fine with me (you don't need a lot of feathers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 5:22 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I hope the NFL looks into this. Way to quick to agree to a deal so soon. Patriots will always be cheaters smarter than the rest of the league & willing to take some risk.

Fixed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 11:42 PM, Imgrandojji said:

 Its well known that belichick coaching tree isnt great has nothing to do with playing for the man himself.  Say what you want about the man he's a legit football genius.  True genius doesn't transfer.

Ernie Adams doesn't transfer either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

Ernie Adams doesn't transfer either

There are other great football researchers and historians.  Adams in't some kind of wizard.  What he is is the reason the patriots can dust off plays from 10, 20, 30 years ago if they make sense with the current scheme.  Other guys can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

There are other great football researchers and historians.  Adams in't some kind of wizard.  What he is is the reason the patriots can dust off plays from 10, 20, 30 years ago if they make sense with the current scheme.  Other guys can do that.

It's the in-game and real-time adjustments that are purported to make him so valuable - with and without spy footage apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 18to87 said:

It's the in-game and real-time adjustments that are purported to make him so valuable - with and without spy footage apparently. 

Well year but it goes back to the same thing.  He's able to sit in the skybox and quickly identify the patterns in the formation their opponents are using.  He's done his homework, has decades of football plays crowded into his head and knows the standard counters to all of them.

 

Again he's not the only one who could do this.  The Patriots are just very quick to listen to their research department and it allows them some pretty incredible agility to pivot and adjust to what their opponents are doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...