Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown released: any interest?

Imgrandojji

The only reason I'm asking is because if there's a quarterback who might be able to keep the cancerous brown under control, that guy might be Brissett, a guy known for leadership, with a reputation for a big arm, on a strong team, and quite frankly, since AB is gaining a reputation as a racist, i think he might prefer catching passes from a guy of his own skin color.

We have the cap space, we have the roster, we have one of the few QBs in the league AB actually has a chance to get along with -- I'm not even saying do it because I don't like the guy personally, but it might make us a better team so you have to at least consider it.  Would the talent be worth it or would he blow what's generally considered to be a pretty tight clubhouse to pieces with his behavior?  I dunno.

I just think this is one of his better chances to actually make a home for himself at this point, if he's too radioactive even for the team that signed Vontaze Burfict it may be too big of a gamble though

Gruden was his little you know what, and they still couldn't keep Brown calm. His is talent is undeniable, but he is one of the worst character acts/entitled players I can remember. 

We are already pretty solid in the WR department anyways. Hilton, Funchess, Campbell, and Cain should be more than enough to help this offense flourish. 

I don't know how many teams are willing to put up with that nonsense.

I'm still upset that he called Mayock a "cracker," and if it was flip-flopped, that player/GM would never have a job again. Talk about racial inequality. 

• Like 1

Idk. If Luck were here, and AB on a 3 year deal is what made us Superbowl favorites... I'd be looking to win now and repair whatever damage he did here later. But Andrew is not... and we are building a young roster. AB would help us win games now with Brissett, sure. But we also wouldn't get a good look at JB as pairing Hilton and AB with the other weapons around them on offense would be easy... 

The other aspect to look at is where does he even want to be right now? Does he really want to play? Does he want to play for a true superbowl favorite like Philly, NE or KC? No one knows what this guy wants... 

He needs to have his come to Jesus moment and realize that some degree of authority looms over every aspect of your life.

Once he comes to grips with that, as a mature adult eventually does, he'll be ready to play football again and contribute.

Maybe that will be tomorrow (doubtful) or maybe in a few months.

I wouldn't touch him until he showed he understands reality.

In the meantime, maybe he'll find work as a professional protester.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

if there's a quarterback who might be able to keep the cancerous brown under control,

Nobody can control AB.  He really feels he is above everyone else; team mates, coaches, front office personnel, and the League.  He has also made known his having to follow NFL rules displeasure.

• Like 2

WOULD RATHER SEE IRSAY SELL THE TEAM FIRST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Imgrandojji said:

The only reason I'm asking is because if there's a quarterback who might be able to keep the cancerous brown under control, that guy might be Brissett, a guy known for leadership, with a reputation for a big arm, on a strong team, and quite frankly, since AB is gaining a reputation as a racist, i think he might prefer catching passes from a guy of his own skin color.

We have the cap space, we have the roster, we have one of the few QBs in the league AB actually has a chance to get along with -- I'm not even saying do it because I don't like the guy personally, but it might make us a better team so you have to at least consider it.  Would the talent be worth it or would he blow what's generally considered to be a pretty tight clubhouse to pieces with his behavior?  I dunno.

I just think this is one of his better chances to actually make a home for himself at this point, if he's too radioactive even for the team that signed Vontaze Burfict it may be too big of a gamble though

1) dear god

2) this thread was 100% predictable 

3) the logic that Brissett is the guy to keep him under control - oy vey

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

NO WAY! 

The man seems to have suffered some kind of mental breakdown starting in Pittsburgh.

I agree.  It seems to have started with his success and the pressure to maintain his lofty status and responsibilities.

Wasn't he a fairly low-round pick out of college?  Seemed to have it together more when he was under the radar.

As they say, some people just can't handle success.

1 hour ago, CanuckColt said:

NO WAY! 

The man seems to have suffered some kind of mental breakdown starting in Pittsburgh.

The man is mentally unbalanced and needs help soon. Mental illness in this country is rising... Affects those in our personal lives, message boards, workplaces and government. Sad to see a man meltdown.