Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton 93rd All-Time

MPStack

I admit I need to eat crow when it comes to Hilton.  I said for a few years he wasn’t a true #1 and he has done nothing but produce with several different people throwing him the ball. He is silently putting up numbers that may put him up there with the all time greats.  I blame Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne for blinding me to TYs great career. 

17 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I admit I need to eat crow when it comes to Hilton.  I said for a few years he wasn’t a true #1 and he has done nothing but produce with several different people throwing him the ball. He is silently putting up numbers that may put him up there with the all time greats.  I blame Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne for blinding me to TYs great career. 

If he stays healthy, I can see him cracking top 20-25 before he retires. A couple a weeks ago, I was curious where he was amongst past Colts WRs. Then couldn’t believe he was already in top 100 in NFL. Impressive to say the least. I expect him in the 55-60 list at end of season.

On 9/7/2019 at 12:20 PM, dodsworth said:

What Jerry Rice accomplished was truly amazing with the nearest professional a full 6k yards behind him.

he was incredible but he also played a long time.  i dont know of any other WRs that played into their 40s 

the raiders picked him up when it looked like he might have been done, but the he went on to have a couple more 1000 yard seasons 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Anyone catch what Hilton did after Logan Ryan intercepted the pass? Instead of running after Ryan Hilton turned his back on him to complain to the official. Not good.

Saw that too. Should have chased first and then complained. The refs weren't going to throw a flag based on complaining.

13 hours ago, King Colt said:

Anyone catch what Hilton did after Logan Ryan intercepted the pass? Instead of running after Ryan Hilton turned his back on him to complain to the official. Not good.

That’s because he “touched” Ryan down as soon as he intercepted the pass. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:18 AM, King Colt said:

I thought the same at first but then rewound and seen him touch the guy down first.  

On 9/9/2019 at 11:12 AM, aaron11 said:

he was incredible but he also played a long time.  i dont know of any other WRs that played into their 40s 

the raiders picked him up when it looked like he might have been done, but the he went on to have a couple more 1000 yard seasons 

That, to me, is the craziest thing about Jerry Rice. I remember him going to Oakland and I said this dude is hanging on too tight and needs to let it go. 3000 yards in 3 years later when he was 40...

Cant see that ever happening again. 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:05 AM, MPStack said:

I stand corrected.

He *was*, however, the colts' 4th *pick*, just not a 4th *round* pick.  And he was VERY close to the end of the 3rd round.  So you were far more correct than incorrect.  (I have to admit I have also thought of him as a 4th-round pick the whole time he's been in the NFL).

I find it funny that Robert Turbin was drafted 14 picks later, but I'm weird.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:20 AM, dodsworth said:

What Jerry Rice accomplished was truly amazing with the nearest professional a full 6k yards behind him.

Jerry's longevity was incredible.

If you look at the stats, Marvin and Sterling Sharpe both had better starts to their careers and better (numbers wise) stretches of 5 or more consecutive years... they just got cut short by injury, whereas Jerry was able to stay healthy and perform at a  high level for nearly a decade more than Marvin (20 years to 12 years) and ~15 than Sterling (6 years).  

Marvin:

Most receptions in a single season with 143, set in 2002

Most receptions in a 7 season period (731), 1999–2005; 8 season period (826), 1999–2006; 9 season period (885), 1998–2006; 10 season period (958), 1997–2006; 11 season period (1,022), 1996–2006

Most games in a career with at least 8 receptions (51), 9 receptions (32), 11 receptions (12), 12 receptions (8)

Most consecutive games with at least 6 receptions (16) and 9 receptions (6)

Most consecutive seasons with at least 5 touchdowns (11) – shared with Jerry Rice, Don Hutson, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Terrell Owens, Frank Gore

Most consecutive seasons with at least 6 touchdowns (11) – shared with Terrell Owens, Jerry Rice, Don Hutson

Most consecutive seasons with at least 5 touchdown receptions (11) – shared with Jerry Rice, Don Hutson, Cris Carter, Tim Brown, Terrell Owens

Most consecutive seasons with at least 6 touchdown receptions (11) – shared with Jerry Rice, Don Hutson

Most consecutive seasons with at least 10 touchdown receptions (8)

Most consecutive seasons with at least 11 touchdown receptions (4)-tied with Lance Alworth, Art Powell

Most consecutive seasons with at least 14 touchdown receptions (2)-tied with Jerry Rice

Consecutive seasons with 1,400+ receiving yards (4); 1999–2002

Consecutive seasons with 82+ receptions (8); 1999–2006

Most games in a single season (2002) with at least 6 receptions (15), 7 receptions (12)-broken by Antonio Brown, 8 receptions (12), 9 receptions (10)-tied by Julio Jones, 11 receptions (5)

Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning currently hold the NFL record for most completions between a Wide Receiver and Quarterback with 953.

Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning currently hold the NFL record for passing touchdowns between a WR and QB with 112.

Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning currently hold the NFL record for passing yards between a WR and QB with 12,756.

Marvin Harrison and Peyton Manning currently hold the NFL record for completions in a season between a WR and QB with 143 in 2002.

First player to record 2 seasons of 1,600 yards receiving in NFL history, (1999 & 2002). (Torry Holt became the 2nd, (2000 & 2003), Antonio Brown became the 3rd (2014 & 2015)).

First player to have 50+ receptions in his first 11 seasons in NFL history. (Torry Holt became the 2nd on December 27, 2009)

Most consecutive seasons of 1,000+ all-purpose yards and 10+ touchdown receptions (8), 1999–2006

On December 18, 2006, Marvin Harrison and Indianapolis Colt teammate Reggie Wayne became the only NFL wide receiver tandem to catch 75 receptions and 1,000 yards in 3 straight seasons. The game was on Monday Night and was played against the Cincinnati Bengals.

On November 17, 2002, made his 600th career reception against the Dallas Cowboys

On October 12, 2003, made his 700th career reception against the Carolina Panthers. And is the fastest player to do so reaching the mark in 114 games

On November 8, 2004, made his 800th career reception against the Minnesota Vikings. And is the fastest player to do so reaching the mark in 131 games

On November 20, 2005, made his 900th career reception against the Cincinnati Bengals. And is the fastest player to do so reaching the mark in 149 career games

On December 10, 2006, made his 1000th reception against the Jacksonville Jaguars. And is the fastest player to do so reaching the mark in 167 career games

On December 28, 2008, made his 1,100th career reception against the Tennessee Titans in his last regular season game and his last game in Indianapolis. He is the fastest player to do so reaching the mark in 190 career games.

Most receptions over first 7 seasons (665), 8 seasons (759), 9 seasons (845), 10 seasons (927), 11 seasons (1,022) and 13 seasons (1,102) of career of any NFL receiver

Most consecutive games with a reception to start a career (190)

Most average receptions per game in a career (5.8) – 1996–2008

Most consecutive games with 8+ receiving yards (190), (206 if counting playoffs) – every game

Most consecutive games with a 6+ yard reception (190), (206 if counting playoffs) – every game

Most consecutive games with an 8+ yard reception (177), (192 if counting playoffs)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...