Indianapolis Colts
BleedBlue4Shoe86

Desperate-Out of Market Fan

I am desperate. I have been a colts fan for 25 years and I live in Columbia TN. I have always struggled to watch the colts game unless they are nationally televised. This is due to the Titans always being on TV. 

i am desperate now and looking for anyway that I can to watch the colts. I don’t have directv so Sunday nfl ticket is out of the question.  I know I can listen live on the colts app, which is awesome, but not the same as watching. 

Please someone one help me out. Give me something. Lol

Depending on where you live you might be able to get Sunday ticket as a streaming service. Look up Sunday ticket streaming and see if it’s available in your area.

I would get Direct TV and the Sunday ticket if I were you. You would be able to watch every Colts game then. As long as you just get basic channels and no movie channels, Direct TV is pretty cheap. I live in Indy luckily so I see them all anyway.

12 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I am desperate. I have been a colts fan for 25 years and I live in Columbia TN. I have always struggled to watch the colts game unless they are nationally televised. This is due to the Titans always being on TV. 

i am desperate now and looking for anyway that I can to watch the colts. I don’t have directv so Sunday nfl ticket is out of the question.  I know I can listen live on the colts app, which is awesome, but not the same as watching. 

Is there a Buffalo Wild Wings bear you?  They usually have all the games 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would get Direct TV and the Sunday ticket if I were you. You would be able to watch every Colts game then. As long as you just get basic channels and no movie channels, Direct TV is pretty cheap. I live in Indy luckily so I see them all anyway.

I love DirecTV

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I use my ST to watch KC games

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Is there a Buffalo Wild Wings bear you?  They usually have all the games 

This! Or any sports bar near you. If they are not showing the Colts on a screen, ask nicely to have them change the channel. Bars normally carry Sunday ticket to get customers on Sunday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I feel your pain. I actually live just up the road in Murfreesboro but lived near Spring Hill previously. I usually do NFL gamepass on NFL and watch the full games after they happen. It’s not the same I know, but I’m not eligible for Sunday ticket here in Murfreesboro. 

P.S. aren’t Titans fans annoying as crap? 

Thank you guys so much. Also. Yes they are. I stopped listening to the local sports talk and listen to colts podcasts. They just always think they rock. Jared Stillman is on the road and constantly says we sick. He said it over and over last year. When we proved him wrong, he never took it back. They also think having sucks and mariota is amazing. Sorry, rant on titans fans. Lol

35 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Thank you guys so much. Also. Yes they are. I stopped listening to the local sports talk and listen to colts podcasts. They just always think they rock. Jared Stillman is on the road and constantly says we sick. He said it over and over last year. When we proved him wrong, he never took it back. They also think having sucks and mariota is amazing. Sorry, rant on titans fans. Lol

Stillman is just awful and painful to listen to. The only thing I like is listening to the GM laugh at his ridiculous remarks. And it is funny how highly they think of Mariota when everyone outside of Nashville knows he sucks. 

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Go on eBay and get gamepass. You have to watch after the game is over but I only paid 10 bucks.

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

It's tough being an out of state fan of a team sometimes.  The really good stuff we can't talk about on here per forum rules.  Hope some of the suggestions posted help you out.  

• Like 1

I just got rid of my DirecTV and Sunday Ticket after being a subscriber for 10 years. DirecTV is not the same since AT&T acquired them.  So I decided I'd just go over to my local Sports bar and watch it there.  I'm also trying out the NFL Redzone on SlingTV. 

2 hours ago, Devildog said:

I just got rid of my DirecTV and Sunday Ticket after being a subscriber for 10 years. DirecTV is not the same since AT&T acquired them.  So I decided I'd just go over to my local Sports bar and watch it there.  I'm also trying out the NFL Redzone on SlingTV. 

What do you mean not the same.  Ive had since 1998 and i see no  problems.  Other than what they charge.  But other than "free internet stuff", they all charge too much.

It is, however, cheap entertainment.

• Like 1

Google is your friend :lecture:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

No Buffalo Wild Wings near by?  Sports bar that has Sunday ticket

17 hours ago, dew5150 said:

This! Or any sports bar near you. If they are not showing the Colts on a screen, ask nicely to have them change the channel. Bars normally carry Sunday ticket to get customers on Sunday.

Exactly what I do every Sunday

18 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Seems like Spring Hill and Columbia are only 18 min apart.  Go to Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings

1018 Crossings Blvd, Spring Hill, TN 37174

(931) 499-7115

12 hours ago, Devildog said:

We also ditched DirecTV, so no more Sunday Ticket. Sad, because DirecTV was designed right there in Indianapolis by Thomson, but AT&T isn't the most customer-friendly company, and when your "cable" bill is approaching $300/month it's time for it to go. I'll just catch the Colts games vs. Titans, and whatever else comes on during prime time. Hard to get excited enough about the Luck-less Colts to put up with that DTV bill. 

• Like 2

You could sign up for a legal streaming service that carries sports.  You would have to do some more research but I know Hulu with live TV ($45 a month) would stream live sports, YouTube TV ($50 a month) as well.

I would also say that it sounds to me like FuboTV carries pretty much any televised sporting event in the world.   ($55 a month)

You would have to check and make sure but it seems to me that if you where willing to pay for those you could sign up in September and drop them in December or January so you don't have to pay for them for the rest of the year.  

I live in Northern Indiana so I get the Colts games usually but a couple times a year the Bears are playing an AFC team at the same time as the Colts or the Colts are playing an NFC team at same time as the Bears and I don't get the game.

17 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I feel your pain. I actually live just up the road in Murfreesboro but lived near Spring Hill previously. I usually do NFL gamepass on NFL and watch the full games after they happen. It’s not the same I know, but I’m not eligible for Sunday ticket here in Murfreesboro. 

P.S. aren’t Titans fans annoying as crap? 

People who live outside the us get to watch games live on game pass .  Connect to a proxy outside the us and watch it live.    Type on google proxy select location then type game pass and it will connect and you can watch live games 

14 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

What do you mean not the same.  Ive had since 1998 and i see no  problems.  Other than what they charge.  But other than "free internet stuff", they all charge too much.

It is, however, cheap entertainment.

I had Direct tv from 91 to 2010. Every time it rained I lost signal. Finally, they ran ATT cable out here and we went to U-verse. In 2017 I tried Direct once more to save money. Wife almost divorced me over it. Every time it rained I lost signal.  Finally, last week we cancelled ATT and went with YouTube TV.  

That doesn’t solve my Out of Market Watching, tho..

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 3:48 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

As someone who lives in So. Cal,  and typically can't see most of the games,  I go to a local sports bar.     They typically have the NFL Sunday Ticket.   So, all of the games are up.    The only question is....    where is the monitor carrying your game.   Right in the middle of the bar?   Of, off in the corner?    Typically it depends on which game you want to see.

I like to arrive early and ask for a good monitor for my game.

And I make a morning, or an afternoon of it.    I order breakfast or lunch depending on the kickoff?    Out here,  it's 10a or 1p.     I spend roughly $20-25 and have a good time with those around me.    Last year,  I got a lot of love from people sitting near me.    The better the Colts played,   the more love came my way.     People were impressed on our run.

So, I recommend the sports bar....    the only downside is you can't hear the play by play of the game.    Otherwise,  you'll have a very good time...

Enjoy!     Hope you report back and tell us what you did!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So, I recommend the sports bar....    the only downside is you can't hear the play by play of the game.    

There is a solution for this as well.  Bring your phone and headphones and download the Tunity app.  It’s free and syncs the sound from a tv broadcast with your phone.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

As someone who lives in So. Cal,  and typically can't see most of the games,  I go to a local sports bar.     They typically have the NFL Sunday Ticket.   So, all of the games are up.    The only question is....    where is the monitor carrying your game.   Right in the middle of the bar?   Of, off in the corner?    Typically it depends on which game you want to see.

And I make a morning, or an afternoon of it.    I order breakfast or lunch depending on the kickoff?    Out here,  it's 10a or 1p.     I spend roughly $20-25 and have a good time with those around me.    Last year,  I got a lot of love from people sitting near me.    The better the Colts played,   the more love came my way.     People were impressed on our run.

So, I recommend the sports bar....    the only downside is you can't hear the play by play of the game.    Otherwise,  you'll have a very good time...

I cant watch a Colts game with all that riff-raff and ruckus around me.  I watch alone, phone off, and i ignore the door.  Well, unless its the pizza guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For most of the games, I find this to be an "upside" of watching at a sports bar.

Only $20-25? You'll need to teach me how to nurse a meal and a beer for 3+ hours.

As a STH (and also way out of market), there are some nice perks:

Sunday Ticket - $100

Game Pass - Free

Red Zone - Free

Skipping the Sunday Ticket this year since I'm seldom home until the game is over. Game Pass is perfect.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, coltsva said:

For most of the games, I find this to be an "upside" of watching at a sports bar.

Only $20-25? You'll need to teach me how to nurse a meal and a beer for 3+ hours.

As a STH (and also way out of market), there are some nice perks:

Sunday Ticket - $100

Game Pass - Free

Red Zone - Free

Skipping the Sunday Ticket this year since I'm seldom home until the game is over. Game Pass is perfect.

BW3's is a great place to go because they have the ticket. If I remember right @NewColtsFan does not drink is why he probably only spends 20-25 dollars. Someone who drinks 5 or 6 beers + eats  alot of wings will spend around 50 but that is still the idea place to watch a game.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

BW3's is a great place to go because they have the ticket. If I remember right @NewColtsFan does not drink is why he probably only spends 20-25 dollars. Someone who drinks 5 or 6 beers + eats  alot of wings will spend around 50 but that is still the idea place to watch a game.

Not for someone who likes a quiet room

• Haha 1

I know a solution that I think is legal, but the forum rules keep me tongue tied here I think. I’d rather not be banned. With that being said, find a BWW, they always have good teams like the Colts on. Also, if you have any friends in Kentucky I think the Colts are on TV there sometimes. I don’t know much more than that. Good luck! 

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I cant watch a Colts game with all that riff-raff and ruckus around me.  I watch alone, phone off, and i ignore the door.  Well, unless its the pizza guy.

About 10 years ago i found a doormat that said "GO AWAY" instead of the usual "WELCOME."  I found it funny, and bought it to put at my front door as a joke on Sunday football day.

Well, one Halloween i noticed no one was coming to my door.  Then later, my doorbell finally rang.  Excitedly, i threw open the front door.  There, in my doorway stood Batman and  Spiderman...... in the flesh!

Then an adult (the dad) stepped into the picture and started apologizing for "bothering me."  He (at 1st glance) thought the doormat said "GO NAVY."

I felt so bad  i gave the superheroes ALL the candy.

At least i found out why no one was knocking on my door.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not for someone who likes a quiet room

Now days I prefer to stay at home and relax and watch games but the guy was wanting suggestions where to see games so I brought up BW3's. He doesn't have the ticket and can't get Colts games. I can see every game because I live in Indianapolis. I used to go to BW3's a lot but that was years ago, I have also been to around 50 games in my lifetime but those days are over as well. I have everything I need at home in a nice quiet place. My Beer, Wings, and a nice clean bathroom :thmup:.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:08 PM, Patrick Miller said:

Go on eBay and get gamepass. You have to watch after the game is over but I only paid 10 bucks.

I just purchased this. Such a steal. Would much rather pay $10 and have to deal with watching the games after they're over as opposed to paying the high amount for NFL Sunday Ticket. 

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I keep it to a couple of beers, but with pretzel, wings, some chips and salsa for the 4th quarter, plus my better half, it’s like $80 and I realie I should have just paid for Sunday ticket!

• Like 2